Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Feb/Mar Events ?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TattooYoda
02.17.2021 , 10:33 PM | #1
Why does next week Conquest say Gree Event when it should be Bounty Hunt ? Where is Feb/Mar Forum event post at ? Seems like alot of stuff that is normal post is not up any more. Also i see alot of post being deleted...........is EA back running the forum again. ( old schools rem what that was like lol)

Eric where are you we need you back in charge of the Forum !!!!!! You where Fair and Balanced

Dekibra
02.18.2021 , 01:19 AM | #2
I think any delays have way more to do with the severe weather down in Texas - where the studio is.
So their first priority right now is to be and stay safe and get the power back on...

(6.2.1 was delayed as well)
useful goodies for you & me --> my Referral Link

mike_carton
02.18.2021 , 08:06 AM | #3
Feb events article was posted a while ago.

We have an addition to the Community team - JackieKO. She's been fairly active on the forums.
Click this SWTOR link to create an account or log in and we both earn rewards (7-day Free Subscription, 1 Free Server Transfer, Free JumpStart or Preferred Bundles).

Jdast
02.23.2021 , 08:16 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TattooYoda View Post
*hands a wash cloth to Gidreg and Jdast you 2 got some brown stuff on your noses
I'll let forum denizens decide for themselves whether referring to SWTOR's new Community Manager as "THIS NEW GIRL" is denigrating.

I know -- let's do an experiment! Next time a new female employee w/ a pretty impressive resume arrives at your workplace, why don't you greet her with, "Hey! I hear you're the new girl here!"

<<sips mimosa>>

Dasty

P.S. Don't think I won't criticize BW. My posting record clearly indicates I am quite willing to do so. Seeing how I'm not a 'friggin civil / municipal engineer (much less one in Austin, TX), however, I don't feel comfortable commenting on the status of BW offices or their employees. Call me crazy...

JackieKo
02.23.2021 , 09:54 AM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
TattooYoda,

As far as moderating the forums, posts that violate our rules are deleted. We encourage civil conversations and we ask that players follow our guidelines.
I am also asking you to be civil with me and other community members here.

If you are not aware of the situation in Texas, we experienced a state wide weather crisis. Most of us literally could not contact anyone for days while the worst of the ice storm hit us. There was no power, no heat in freezing temperatures, no internet, no water, and no cell service. My communication focuses during this time was doing what we could to provide shelter, warmth, food, and clothes for people who needed it most. As I wrote in my post yesterday, we are working toward becoming fully operational and will provide updates as we can. I am asking for your understanding in that this also includes adjusting and updating communications.

Jackie | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Undyinghunter
02.23.2021 , 10:06 AM | #6
Ignore this personís rudeness, Jackie. Thank you for keeping us updated and I hope you and yours are safe. I lucked out and only had a couple days without power and a boil water provision that lasted just a few days, but I know many others have it worse, especially up in Austin (Iím in Houston). You all on the team just focus on staying safe first and above all. Those of us who love and appreciate the Star Wars experience SWTOR has given us can and will wait, and understand that hiccups like this happen with weather from climate change.

VarKoE
02.23.2021 , 11:28 AM | #7
good grief to some comments,

Thanks for your updates Jackie. I hope things are getting back to some sense of normalcy for you all.

Tigz
02.23.2021 , 12:16 PM | #8
jeez, are you kidding me... lol. hey BW folks, be safe!
"Being an Elder just keeps getting better..."

Sarova
02.23.2021 , 01:28 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by JackieKo View Post

As far as moderating the forums, posts that violate our rules are deleted. We encourage civil conversations and we ask that players follow our guidelines.
I am also asking you to be civil with me and other community members here.

If you are not aware of the situation in Texas, we experienced a state wide weather crisis. Most of us literally could not contact anyone for days while the worst of the ice storm hit us. There was no power, no heat in freezing temperatures, no internet, no water, and no cell service. My communication focuses during this time was doing what we could to provide shelter, warmth, food, and clothes for people who needed it most. As I wrote in my post yesterday, we are working toward becoming fully operational and will provide updates as we can. I am asking for your understanding in that this also includes adjusting and updating communications.

There's always one idiot forumite who ruins everything with their thoughtless and offensive comments. As others have said, we appreciate the updates Jackie and having seen the horrendous weather in Texas from my now very warm sitting room in the UK (our very recent snow-ice hell pales into insignificance after seeing the weather you have) I'm happy that the game is up and running!

And as a female gamer, I really pleased to see the moderating you've been doing here. Makes the forums much less toxic thank you
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - || Quinn Treatsô
Darth Rivix as Permanent Companion & Romance Pls!
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

Mubrak
02.23.2021 , 02:01 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by JackieKo View Post
My communication focuses during this time was doing what we could to provide shelter, warmth, food, and clothes for people who needed it most.
That says it all. A crisis shows us what's truly important.

We forumites could sit in our warm and comfy homes and still play Swtor, while folks in Texas had neither heating nor drinking water. When everything's back to normal (or what counts as normal these days) we can again write grumpy threads about our pet peeves (wouldn't it be nice If a jumbled event schedule were our biggest issue?).

But even then, let's remember that "the devs" are people too. Getting personal is a no-go. We've been there, Marauders have been nerfed, people have been threatened. It's been years, and we're barely back to a healthy communication. Let's not ruin it. One day, I would like to discuss changes while they're still in planning, and feedback to be heard before a lot of work is put into changes that are hated by players across the board.
Let us turn off that gaudy flashing icon over every vendor's head.
Let us sort our companion list and hide or kick out the unwanted ones!

http://www.swtor.com/r/rszTdG