Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Grade 7 Space Missions TOO HARD!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Grade 7 Space Missions TOO HARD!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarkTergon
01.25.2021 , 02:04 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
Can you please remove the conversation between us please?

Thank you.
Don't think it needs to be removed, ending it was enough
Beware, my friends, as you pass by. As you are now, so once was I
As I'm now, so you must be. Prepare, my friends, to follow me

“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”

Nee-Elder
01.25.2021 , 02:48 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by JackieKo View Post
, please move on from this thread if you do not have anything new to add.

Honestly, just like most of the old early out-dated aspects of SWTOR, things in Space just probably need to be tweaked ever so slightly. A shield regen rate here, an EMP cooldown timer there, etc. But anyways, to maybe get things further back on-topic here...

As someone who only recently FINALLY achieved 100% green done on all 'Space Mission' achievements (only took me 9 years ) , i'd like to propose a couple of more radical solutions:

Maintain the current difficulty levels, so that it doesn't "de-value" the reputations & achievements already gained by the supposedly "gud" players , but then also...

1. add a co-op mode (2 players group together, splitting the reputation points & xp , whereby each grabs the exact same space mission from their personal ship console, then you get 2 ships at once----still both on-rails--- within the same 'instance' ) . Could be not only super fun & fresh, but also seem "easier" for those who aren't as "git gud" as certain others.

2. the graphics & vastness & objects within some of the space missions is, imo, positively gorgeous ....so....why not modify existing code to allow for 'space MINING zones' for bonus/new mats ? (utilzing the same ui & controls , but just without the on-rails limitation within that confined instance) ---- *i suppose you could also convert GSF coded zones like this too, but i dunno there's just something extra neat graphics-wise with some of the Space on-rails zones imo

3. please show us the difficulty requirements ( aka "this mission needs Grade __ parts or higher" ) on the mission descriptions themselves that show up on the console LIST (rather than having to click into the 'hyperspace map' and find each mission name quadrant and click onto that map description paragraph) .

./discuss
Never tell me the odds! - (Fix SPACE! 4.0ur *Community*)

DarkTergon
01.25.2021 , 02:54 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Nee-Elder View Post

1. add a co-op mode (2 players group together, splitting the reputation points & xp , whereby each grabs the exact same space mission from their personal ship console, then you get 2 ships at once----still both on-rails--- within the same 'instance' ) . Could be not only super fun & fresh, but also seem "easier" for those who aren't as "git gud" as certain others.
A co op mode would be really cool, it would help some, and might make it more interesting for others to join.
Beware, my friends, as you pass by. As you are now, so once was I
As I'm now, so you must be. Prepare, my friends, to follow me

“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”

merovejec
01.25.2021 , 03:50 PM | #114
Just for the sake of it I tried doing one mission now and uploaded it.

It took me 2 tries and I managed it on the 3rd one, since I didnt remember the stuff well. Last time I did these was almost 4 years ago. I have to say the graphics is pretty nice now, I wasnt playing on Ultra back then so it really was nice seeing this. I admit I would be doing these more if they rewarded fragments or something better now.
Merovejec

KumbayaGOD
01.25.2021 , 09:02 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
Trixxie, you made quite a few mistakes in that post. My achievements are legitimate, otherwise I wouldnt be here. Yes i tried to get gsf achievements.... faster but that had a backslasch and now its all back to legit. End of story. As I said I stated my opinion on this. As it seems I am just one person here so you pretty dont have to mind me.
no one can make 10 solo kill in warzone and not mention 10x
http://www.swtor.com/r/vczzh2 click here for referal code you you get: FREE TRANSFER , FREE STUFFS, FREE 7 DAYS SUBSCRIPTION, FREE UNLOCK AND MORE

merovejec
01.26.2021 , 01:11 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by KumbayaGOD View Post
no one can make 10 solo kill in warzone and not mention 10x
Here in this thread you could hear quite a few times how Space missions are impossible to do.....
Merovejec

farren_whyde
01.26.2021 , 06:54 AM | #117
This thread has gone way off the rails, pardon the pun.

To address the OP, Grade 7 Space Missions are not TOO HARD, they're just HARD - hence the term 'heroic'.

But they are doable. Like many others, I tried and tried, failed over and over again, and then one day I got it right - using my abilities, rolls, and learning how the missions work and when to react. And then completed all the bonus missions on them. 100% Republic, 100% Empire. I put effort in, and eventually it paid off.

It's a mixture of perseverance, practise, skill, timing and a dash of luck. There is little room for error, you have to be focused.

It's like arcade machines where there was always this one kid who always had his 3 initials at the top of the scoreboard. I don't think it's fair to say that because some people can't complete them it is therefore discriminatory... We're all good and bad at certain things. And accepting this is key to your enjoyment of the game and managing your frustrations with the game.

There are some achievements you're never going to get; either because they are time-limited, no longer available etc. and there are some achievements you're not going to get simply by virtue of being you; you don't do Ranked Warzones, you don't do NiM Operations. Or you're just not wired that way, your heart isn't in it. Rather than bemoan it, do your best, have fun and don't dwell on it!

Fun, right? That's why we play.

farren_whyde
01.26.2021 , 07:12 AM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
Because there are achievements for it, titles, etc. And unlike every other mode, no matter how bad you are at these modes, you can still join a team, and get carried through them, whether you buy the run, or have good friends. These are the ONLY missions you can do that with. The ONLY part of the game with titles, etc that you HAVE to do solo. And if you've a disability , you are basically DISCRIMIATING against them by saying it's and L2P issue and should just <redacted> off and play something else. Which is basically what you just told the other poster.
It's not discriminating. It is a L2P issue. However... Just because you know what to do doesn't mean you'll automatically succeed. And the Grade 7 Space Missions are a good example of how to achieve something on your own without being carried.

Getting the achievements was satisfying... Momentarily. Then you move on and do something else. I'm never going to get the Sharp Dresser title, but I'm not going to have a tantrum about it.

JattaGin
01.26.2021 , 08:29 AM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by farren_whyde View Post
To address the OP, Grade 7 Space Missions are not TOO HARD, they're just HARD - hence the term 'heroic'.
This imho is what sums the situation up the best. I agree.

I am really bad at shoot'em'ups and games like that. But I managed to finish all grade 7 space missions by learning the patterns. When you memorised them, those missions become very easy.

When I finished those missions for the first time I was in my early 40s. If I can do it, so can you, because I can't imagine you're worse than me in this kind of games.

HaploCorinth
01.26.2021 , 08:46 AM | #120
I'm glad to hear they are going to look at the rewards, but I am still sad that, especially now with the daily log in rewards having 150 fleet comms once a month, that they still aren't going to address the fleet comms still not being a legacy currency. Maybe split it from pvp currency (simply create a new one for pvp) and make it legacy? A quick check since the daily log in rewards shows that there has been a sudden return of players asking for that currency to be converted because they are accidentally claiming it on a character that doesn't have any comms etc.