Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Overall Achievements Leaderboard 3

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

icestarr
12.30.2020 , 11:40 AM | #131
I am very disappointed in the behavior on this thread and these actions have brought shame to us as achievement hunters
Achievement Honorable Mentions
Rarrain, Manz, Gish, Finn, Anna, Gabe, Ruth, Og young, Naz, Jae, Visenya, Cezar, Oseari, Kira, Vas, Bishop, Aus, Izzy, Brae, Spanks, Melgus, Blinks, Snake, Zen, SBH, Dantiko, Rondo, Mari, Mitch, Zaz,
Guilds: OC, SnipSci, LR, TTWV, Inconsistent, Paramount

merovejec
12.30.2020 , 11:46 AM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by lordoftransform View Post
All I want is a fair competition.
Thats exactly the issue, I have no team and I have that situation you speak of "If I never kill Scyva and Izax, but I had the skill to do so, yeah I'd be annoyed" but I wanted to do something with it, regardless. Sorry, I just dont take "no" for an answer.

If you have no argument you also avoid the answer, you didnt say how you got the PVP achievements. You didnt hack and pay anyone, so how?

As I said before, you have your opinion, I have mine, sadly neither you or me will convince one another. For me the achievement is reached when it pops in the game. One exception is when its really hacked or game edited, otherwise its fine. So as I said, its not up to us to decide this. I can live on without posting here, if its not desired by the thread owner.
Merovejec

RikuvonDrake
12.30.2020 , 12:23 PM | #133
i had no issues with you until you started to harass smw and ruin gsf for our members, you set yourself up for this situation

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango

lordoftransform
12.30.2020 , 09:06 PM | #134
rip the thread got nuked. If the posts seem weirdly phrased, several of mine were removed which made the discussion make sense. I disagree with them being removed, I did not attack anyone personally. Though if nothing else, it's been a real learning experience

TheRandomno
12.30.2020 , 11:30 PM | #135
This isn't what had I in mind when I hoped for more thread activity, but I guess it'll have to do.

Personally I've never really had an issue with sale runs. I've never done it myself but if you consider it as your best option and can live with it then why not. Historically I never saw much stigma attached to it, for example this post from the original thread:
Quote: Originally Posted by RommelESP View Post
I need the achievements from 16m operations too, like raphael

Lancard, rush me S&V/TFB NiM... I will pay nice credits !!!
(in the end, Rommel joined NGE)

However that was less than a year into the introduction of achievements and the atmosphere now may be quite different. Anyone who has been around a while and has a desire to collect achievements has done most or all of the grind, and all that separates the top is operations. Competing against those who have different standards can certainly be unfair or unenjoyable.

It raises the question of what purpose the leaderboard serves, whether it should be strictly a list of scores or if it should foster competition between those of the same ideals. My main motivation for creating the thread was seeing the state of the previous one, which received no updates and only very occasional posts.

As it stands there are a significant amount of scores missing, from people who don't know, don't want, or are yet to post. A while ago I made this document to better keep track of scores. It's slightly outdated at the moment, but the point is that this thread is not doing too well in being a comprehensive record of all the scores that exist in the game.

So I am prepared to try what has been proposed a few times which is to indicate how many points have been bought. Objectively defining sale runs is not really feasible, so it's on more of a common sense case-by-case basis. If someone does not wish to be ranked this way they may ask to be removed from the board.

Implementing this will take a bit of time; I should get round to it in the next few days. I appreciate any feedback on the decision, or about the leaderboard as a whole.

John_Kar
12.31.2020 , 06:57 AM | #136

JediQuaker
01.01.2021 , 11:02 AM | #137
Given the thread directly above this one (atm) that's about "selling" Achievement runs, the number of achievements a person has only has meaning to the person that has them, and knows how they got them. 🙄
Of what use are achievements you got by being carried through something?

It reminds of way back when, when people would post screen shots of their high scores in arcade games - until someone discovered Photoshop. 😁
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

JackieKo
01.01.2021 , 04:36 PM | #138 This is the last staff post in this thread.  

Hey all. Wanted to say thank you for bringing what transpired in this thread to our attention. PMs and reporting posts very much help us keep the forums healthy. Please continue to keep this discussion and future ones civil and on topic. Thanks!

Jackie | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Zechalakazam
01.01.2021 , 05:36 PM | #139
Iím one of those people that will never get 100% on both ops and PvP, not because I donít want to but I canít since Iím from Asia with 350ms on average. The thing is, even with that situation I would never buy runs AND post my points here, that will not be polite to those who got the cheevo the ďlegitĒ way.

I agree with removing people who buy runs or cheat their way to gain points. It just not right for those people that do the effort to gain the cheevo.

Just an opinion from a small cheevo hunter with 47k points tho.

AlrikFassbauer
01.02.2021 , 04:14 AM | #140
I my guild we often offer achievement runs within the guild, sometimes even cooperating with other guilds. That guild is very small, though, like a bigger family, so everyone matters.
This way I got a few FP / OP / PvP achievements I wouldn't have been able to get otherwise.
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.