Hugged Wookies from last year don't count for new Hug 1500 Wookies achievement?

DerBlutigeNeuner

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You seriously had a meeting where somebody with a straight face said "Yes our players will enjoy having to do another 1500 hugs over the holiday period" and then nobody with decision making power stood up and said "actually that's a really bad idea". It's funny and sad at the same time.

It blows my mind man! Who actually thought this was a good idea?! Another 1500 hugs and previous 1000 hugs mean nothing in a progressive achievement chain as if we never done those? If you at least did something about that stupid face-to-face positioning to make it less annoying. Its a chore plain and simple, more so because people know it wont be back until next year so many including me are suffering case of FOMO as a result -> remember feast event? everyone was panicking because nobody was able to get the unobtainable cheevo and feast is also yearly event but during feast it was bugged, unlike this which you intentionally pushed on us!

Edited by Darittha

Yeah, not all that merry about this achievement being upped even further, considering it is a short season-based achievement. I figured it was going to take me 3-6 life days to complete the 1000 hugs, but now that i have to start over AND get even more, it will end up being one of those few achievements that ill take in stride and hope that 1) SWTOR survives long enough to allow completion, and 2) it doesnt get upped unnecessarily again.

This is not the kind of mistake you want to pretend was a feature all along. Hugging 1k Wookies last year was miserable, and now you're asking us to do 500 more than last year. I didn't like it last year. I'm not doing it again.

I got a feeling this might be a social experiment of some sort to see how people react! Well, yes Bioware, you are right, there are people addicted to completing stuff and even though they come here and complain, they will still do it and move on. But mark my words, there comes a time when even these people will get fed up!

• Dev Post
In an asylum ? Because they felt lonely and want us to join them in the asylum after we've gone mad doing this retarded achievement

People are free to express how they feel about the game but keep the pejorative language out of the forums, please.

Hi everyone, this is working as intended. We have passed along your feedback regarding this Achievement.

Is this going to reset every year? Because it is truly ridiculous that this isn't stacking from year to year. Makes it hardly worth while to do anything beyond the 10 needed for the daily. Whoever thought this up should be taken out for a brisk drag.

In an asylum ? Because they felt lonely and want us to join them in the asylum after we've gone mad doing this retarded achievement

That's not very holiday spirited of you. You should give this achievement a try, think you might need those 1500 hugs to feel better ;)

and is logical and correct, are different achievements
If they were then hugging Wookies now would not as well count for the old achievement. If they wanted us to hug 1500 Wookies and keep the standard achievement logic they should have just set the new threshold to 2500.

Yes, it would have been that difficult to be consistent.

A little much isn't it? I don't agree with how they handled the achievement but this is a bit overboard for an achievement, isn't it?

• Dev Post
If only we had people to moderate the forums 🤔

Me addressing the post outright is a form of moderation. There is also a way of reporting a problematic post and that gets set to our team for review. If you want to recommend other ways to moderate the forums, feel free to PM, but I am I asking now that responses here are on topic with the OP.

and is logical and correct, are different achievements

no, they are not, they are part of the same progression achievement group of hugging Wookies during the life day event. And achievements in games are there to prove and celebrate tha the player achieved XY. But in order to prove that i've hugged 1500 Wookies during the life day event i have to hug 2500 Wookies during the life day event, 66,6% more than needed.

But yeah, keep defending that ******** so the devs implement new achievements for killing every FP boss 50 times and of course we all start at 0 again bCaUsE tHeY aRe DiFfErEnT aChIeVeMeNtS

I completed the achievement the past years, 1000 wookiees hugged. Then this year I saw this joke, 1500 for ANYBODY, so what was the point of doing it past year? I could have skipped it and do the exact number this year...that doesnt sound fair, Bioware. I completed the cheevo anyway this year, but what is from next? 9500 starting from 0 again? Like come on...I wish someone on Devs team could actually hear the community for once. Edited by alasamaya

People are free to express how they feel about the game but keep the pejorative language out of the forums, please.

A pejorative is used against a person; this achievement is not a person. That is a legitimate work to characterize that idea, concept and this horrible achievement which is a crime against humanity.

• Dev Post
A pejorative is used against a person; this achievement is not a person. That is a legitimate work to characterize that idea, concept and this horrible achievement which is a crime against humanity.

Use of that term in a derogatory sense or insulting manner is not acceptable regardless if it is used against a person. I am asking that it not be used here in this space. And again, I ask that posts in this thread remain on topic.

Recommendation: lower the original hug requirement from 1000 to 250, which is a much more manageable endeavor for people looking to enjoy the event without feeling the drag-on farm. And then add an additional 250 for each year going forward. At least the achievement will be fun, ongoing, and feasible for casuals and hardcore alike, but not overwhelming (again considering it is strictly seasonal).

i dont get why would you guys(devs) introduce a progressive achievement where you wouldnt count in previous progressive achievements towards the final goal? If this was working as intended as was said by some dev already, then why would u willingly submit yourself to the inevitable backlash that would follow?

The face-to-face positioning as well as the ambiguous hugging distance hidden between 0,00m and 0,00m(yeah cant be accurately tracked) are the reasons this achievement is so annoying. Fear Of Missing Out also plays a big part in the anger of the players because event comes once per year only and if u add to that the fact that last years achievements meant absolutely nothing after u moved the goal post this year up to 1500 hugs you get the current situation when everyone hates it.

I mean if it was truly intentional that it was extremely bad choice on your part.

Use of that term in a derogatory sense or insulting manner is not acceptable regardless if it is used against a person. I am asking that it not be used here in this space. And again, I ask that posts in this thread remain on topic.

Yes it's derogatory, and shouldn't be used in any form.

To get back on topic, making people do this achievement is really, really bad. It's unfair to those who have done it, the comments on the achievement are outstandingly bad, you can't just turn around and say, that's the way it is. It's *insert really bad annoyed rant here* thing to say

Basically we got a "Hi everyone, this is working as intended. We have passed along your feedback regarding this Achievement." which is the equivalent of a big middle finger to the people who worked their *** of last year, now we've got to do it again, and worse. It's not the first time this has happened, at times it feels like you are trying to drive away the most dedicated players. This here is why people explode on the forums, this is why they rant.

BTW, I know you are new, and you've been hit with a ton of stuff, and this isn't directed at you, it's directed at the devs, who don't listen, and the community managers who for some reason allow this sort of stuff to happen, over and over. I'm hoping things will change, we've had you jump in and look at the forums, and I've even been mailed by community managers I'd forgotten even existed.

Edited by DarkTergon