Echoes of Oblivion -- DIALOGUE BUG

Eyvaera

((SPOILER ALERT, just in case))

[Echoes of Oblivion - Speak to Minazar]

I went through this conversation just fine with my JC, but on my (male) smuggler the lines chosen (and indicated by the subtitles) do not correspond with the lines spoken.

(EDIT: the animations also seem to follow the incorrectly spoken lines, and not the subtitled text.)

I took recordings, but here's what I mean in text form:

CHOICE: The Scions are right

Line: The Sith were a means to an end. That's all.

Spoken line: The people of Zakuul never saw their Emperor for what he really was.

CHOICE: The Hand is right

Line: The people of Zakuul never saw their Emperor for what he really was.

Spoken: You were all puppets. The man you're so obsessed with never cared about any of you.

CHOICE: All of you were deceived.

Line: You were all puppets. The man you're so obsessed with never cared about any of you.

Spoken: The Sith were a means to an end. That's all.

I have no idea if this is the only class this affects since my other characters are still stuck behind the Meridian Objective FP bug, but this scene was fine on my fem!JC and is bugged on my male smuggler, at least. If anyone else has encountered this on other classes (or if it's not present on fem!smuggler, for example), please add your experience below!

Edited by Eyvaera

Hi Eyvaera,

Thanks for the report concerning the bug with the line of your Smuggler in Echoes of Oblivion.

Our team is currently looking into it. Unfortunately, I don't have additional information to provide you, but I'll let you know when I know more.

Thanks! I didn't encounter any other line issues after this in Echoes of Oblivion, but prior to the mentioned scene (while talking to Lana on Odessen), there were also some lip sync issues? One line didn't match at all, and during another my character's talking animation stopped before he was done speaking. (Specifically, these were the lines during the choice about taking Theron along as well or not. Saying it's too risky (lip sync issue) and agreeing (animation stopped short). Not sure whether I should make a separate post for this, but I'm mentioning it here in case it's at all relevant/connected.)

((SPOILER ALERT, just in case))

[Echoes of Oblivion - Speak to Minazar]

I went through this conversation just fine with my JC, but on my (male) smuggler the lines chosen (and indicated by the subtitles) do not correspond with the lines spoken.

(EDIT: the animations also seem to follow the incorrectly spoken lines, and not the subtitled text.)

I took recordings, but here's what I mean in text form:

CHOICE: The Scions are right

Line: The Sith were a means to an end. That's all.

Spoken line: The people of Zakuul never saw their Emperor for what he really was.

CHOICE: The Hand is right

Line: The people of Zakuul never saw their Emperor for what he really was.

Spoken: You were all puppets. The man you're so obsessed with never cared about any of you.

CHOICE: All of you were deceived.

Line: You were all puppets. The man you're so obsessed with never cared about any of you.

Spoken: The Sith were a means to an end. That's all.

I have no idea if this is the only class this affects since my other characters are still stuck behind the Meridian Objective FP bug, but this scene was fine on my fem!JC and is bugged on my male smuggler, at least. If anyone else has encountered this on other classes (or if it's not present on fem!smuggler, for example), please add your experience below!

I had the same bug on my MaleSmuggler, and reported it as well. It looks like it might just be limited to Smugglers, as I just finished the scene with my LS Sith Warrior. It wouldn't surprise me if when BWA was testing this, they didn't think to play as a Smuggler (Which isn't the first time something has been bugged for one class)

Edited by LtGeneralGezlin

I had the same bug on my MaleSmuggler, and reported it as well. It looks like it might just be limited to Smugglers, as I just finished the scene with my LS Sith Warrior. It wouldn't surprise me if when BWA was testing this, they didn't think to play as a Smuggler (Which isn't the first time something has been bugged for one class)

I'm very curious as to whether it's just a male!Smuggler bug, but I haven't any fem!Smugglers that far along to test it with. Though out of all the potential class-specific bugs, getting the voice files mixed up/misordered in a general scene like that (considering how many there must be when accounting for each class/gender), is something I'm glad doesn't happen more often (or at least this is the first time I've encountered it).

That said, do you know what other kinds of things have been bugged for specific classes before? I can only think of Agents occasionally missing their blasters in cutscenes.

Nice legacy name, btw!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...