Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Virtual Cantina 2020 Recap

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RameiArashi
11.23.2020 , 02:22 PM | #41
So you rather be a puppet of the Sith Emperor?

We are supposed to either a hero of the Galaatic Republic or a champion of the Sith Empire, not the figure head of an independence alliance, BTW a Commander does not outrank an Admiral, the opposite is true.

Ner_idia
11.23.2020 , 02:37 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by RameiArashi View Post
So you rather be a puppet of the Sith Emperor?

We are supposed to either a hero of the Galaatic Republic or a champion of the Sith Empire, not the figure head of an independence alliance, BTW a Commander does not outrank an Admiral, the opposite is true.
Expect that Commander isn't just a military rank. It's being used as a catch-all for the person who's the primary power for military, science, and civilian positions.

And there were many of us who wanted to move away from the Imp vs. Pub nonsense, and have an actually viable third power. There's reasons for every class to not want to return to their original faction, after all.

ExarSun
11.23.2020 , 02:49 PM | #43
Hero or champion of Rep/Imp, at least in my head means something different than playing lackeyboy and doing small work for a person who is honestly an ant compared to our characters. Oh you just meddled with powers beyond comprehension?...nah bro...go blow up that satellite, negotiate with mercs or play servant to some nobles... in short - be our errand boy....zero immersion for me at least. It was logical throughout class story and the expansions after, but not now...not even a little bit.

The writing from the traitor arc up until now has been nothing but nonsense for me. Not that I have high hopes about the one that is coming. Great characters and plot is what this game needs....correctly corresponding to the player character power level. Not rehashing old conflicts. The characters from Ossus and Onslaught have been so forgettable....just like the "story" there.

OlBuzzard
11.23.2020 , 02:53 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Ner_idia View Post
Expect that Commander isn't just a military rank. It's being used as a catch-all for the person who's the primary power for military, science, and civilian positions.

And there were many of us who wanted to move away from the Imp vs. Pub nonsense, and have an actually viable third power. There's reasons for every class to not want to return to their original faction, after all.
Pretty close:

That was why I have made a suggestion for the BH to be more independent !! Not a lap dog for the emperor or a blood thirsty mercenary! Some players what that! That's also their choice!

Me personally ... I'd rather see another personality for a BH that's closer to the BH on the Mandalorian ... who BTW is NOT in the territory of the "empire" !

(but that's just me)

[note: this is not the first time in TV history where a BH tries to use "non violence" as a primary method of doing things. Please refer to the TV series "Have Gun Will Travel" AKA "Paladin". And yes I'm old enough I remember the series when it was FIRST released. (It was one of my dad's favorites).

[edit: it should also be noted that regardless of the "alliance" this character could easily choose to exist on his own ... independently !! Hmmm come to think of it .. that nice shiny new space station located on the outer rim would make a REALLY nice place to hide my character !!]
I sense a disturbance in the force ....
What was ... is no longer
"Tear down this wall"

DanielSteed
11.24.2020 , 06:45 PM | #45 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone!

Two quick notes for y'all. While we've mentioned this in other threads, I wanted to double back and inform everyone here that we created a new code to receive four classic Korrealis mounts. The new code is CantinaLivestream2020. This new code will expire on Monday, November 30th.

Secondly, everything has now been uploaded to YouTube to view at your leisure! Keith mentioned that if the community really liked this style of a "virtual cantina", we can look into doing these in a post-pandemic world. Whether you liked the general format, meeting someone new from the team, hearing from voice actors etc. Let us know what parts you liked!

Daniel Steed | Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

FlameYOL
11.24.2020 , 06:58 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
Hey everyone!

Two quick notes for y'all. While we've mentioned this in other threads, I wanted to double back and inform everyone here that we created a new code to receive four classic Korrealis mounts. The new code is CantinaLivestream2020. This new code will expire on Monday, November 30th.

Secondly, everything has now been uploaded to YouTube to view at your leisure! Keith mentioned that if the community really liked this style of a "virtual cantina", we can look into doing these in a post-pandemic world. Whether you liked the general format, meeting someone new from the team, hearing from voice actors etc. Let us know what parts you liked!

As someone who lives in another country it was a great opportunity to have this cantina experience online, seeing the voice actors giving their thoughts about their experiences with SWTOR is great and I just love hearing about the news live! Be it what is coming or little teases and the like, really like the Echoes of Oblivion tease
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Darthjantom
11.24.2020 , 07:02 PM | #47
Hey everyone!
I would love to see an official stream having you show how you take the screenshots/videos whenever new cartel market items are released giving us a behind-the-scenes look at the kind of dev tools for screenshots & cinematics you got access to . Actually some behind-the-scenes streams could be nice, seeing how stuff in the game is made (not that the behind-the-scenes interviews on the site arent nice, but it's different between reading an interview and actually seeing how stuff is made).

But yes the virtual cantina was really nice, would be cool to have stuff like that happen more often, especially since many of us SWTOR fans aren't from the US.

StockThorax
11.24.2020 , 07:04 PM | #48
Nobody mentioned amplifiers revamp :-(

I read on Vulkk's website they were going to update the system in a future update, but there hasn't been any discussion of it since. That was like 12 patches ago.
Quote:
This R-2 unit has a bad motivator.
My referral link.

Beyrahl
11.24.2020 , 07:25 PM | #49
Hey everyone!

I liked the part where keith mentioned something about the 10 year anni and rendering?
Info pls.

VarKoE
11.24.2020 , 07:57 PM | #50
Hey everyone!

thoroughly enjoyed the virtual cantina. Meeting the Voice Actors was incredibly interesting. I would love to see more of this.