Cantina Livestream - November 13th!

DanielSteed

You shifted a conversation that was, "Maybe we are being rude and unfair to BW employees by insinuating they took an excuse to get out of the livestream they planned" to drop a complaint about Dast, so I'm not sure my characterization is all that inaccurate.

I'm sure you'll inform me that "No, I'm just wrong," or that I'm just making a plainly stupid comment, like you have on three of my other comments in other threads.

Edited by jedimasterjac

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You shifted a conversation that was, "Maybe we are being rude and unfair to BW employees by insinuating they took an excuse to get out of the livestream they planned" to drop a complaint about Dast, so I'm not sure my characterization is all that inaccurate.

I'm sure you'll inform me that "No, I'm just wrong," or that I'm just making a plainly stupid comment, like you have on three of my other comments in other threads.

If that is what you believe, then I really feel sorry for you.

if you've made stupid comments on other posts are you really surprised I responded so, or others?

You can't blame others for your bad posts...

I mean, to me, the simplest explanation is that the people running the livestream did not find it appropriate to do with something bad going on, even if that bad thing is at another studio.

Alternatively, people taking part in the stream may be friends and colleagues with those at Ubisoft Montreal, and so would rather not worry about a silly stream while concerned about the wellbeing of real, human beings.

That was what I was thinking too.

Whatever the reason, seems it turns out OK for the innocents people court up in it, I am sure the livestream will get done sooner or later.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

We will know if BW screwed us or not.

If they make stream by not later then Tue seems they where worried and what they did was legit.

If not they are just do not care about Swtor anymore and they should just ship it in a coffin, and write MAINTENANCE MODE in Developer Tracker and keep on top. It looked that way in 2020. Covid or not.

This is another nice excuse to use like Covid is, since other games had there expansions coming, we are getting what was supposed to be a May/June patch in Dec, as they advised in Jan 2020.

They should give a discount to the sub, and keep on working on that successful game they have named Anthem.

Edited by limenutpen

It's comments like these that make me realize that this game has one of the worst communities of all the Mmorpgs out there, which is too bad.

WHAT? Oh, dear, that's not even close to true. You have obviously never played EVE, or even looked at the EVE forums. People here are angels compared to half a dozen MMO communities I could name.

For the record, right now over in the STO forums they are citing SWTOR as an example of how an MMORPG should be run. Contemplate that for a minute.

We will know if BW screwed us or not.

If they make stream by not later then Tue seems they where worried and what they did was legit.

If not they are just do not care about Swtor anymore and they should just ship it in a coffin, and write MAINTENANCE MODE in Developer Tracker and keep on top. It looked that way in 2020. Covid or not.

This is another nice excuse to use like Covid is, since other games had there expansions coming, we are getting what was supposed to be a May/June patch in Dec, as they advised in Jan 2020.

They should give a discount to the sub, and keep on working on that successful game they have named Anthem.

Perhaps you did not notice, but there is downtime scheduled for Tuesday. They will not schedule a stream for the same day as downtime. The soonest they would do the stream would be Wednesday, but more likely not until Thursday or Friday as those are the days that they tend to prefer for streams. Further, there were to be three guests on the stream, and if it is their intent to schedule those same three guests for the make-up stream then they will have to coordinate with those guests and attempt to find a day and time when all three are available. One of the scheduled guests was to be the voice actor who does the English voice for the female Jedi Knight, Kari Wahlgren. It is unlikely that Kari Wahlgren would be able to simply reschedule for the following Friday as Wahlgren is quite a prolific voice actor. Now, if they plan to move forward with the stream sans all or some of the special guests then it is possible that they will do the stream this week. But they will certainly not be doing it on Tuesday.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9894571#edit9894571

One of the scheduled guests was to be the voice actor who does the English voice for the female Jedi Knight, Kari Wahlgren. It is unlikely that Kari Wahlgren would be able to simply reschedule for the following Friday as Wahlgren is quite a prolific voice actor. Now, if they plan to move forward with the stream sans all or some of the special guests then it is possible that they will do the stream this week. But they will certainly not be doing it on Tuesday.

Hopefully she's available again, or if not, they won't have to wait too long for her schedule to have a spot

WHAT? Oh, dear, that's not even close to true. You have obviously never played EVE, or even looked at the EVE forums. People here are angels compared to half a dozen MMO communities I could name.

For the record, right now over in the STO forums they are citing SWTOR as an example of how an MMORPG should be run. Contemplate that for a minute.

I've played both, by and large this community is amazing in comparison

I've played both, by and large this community is amazing in comparison

This community is. Our players are generally some of the friendliest and kindest I've ever met in an online game. There are of course the few jack holes who try to ruin it for others, but overall - a fantastic community that I very much enjoy and appreciate being a part of.

This community is. Our players are generally some of the friendliest and kindest I've ever met in an online game. There are of course the few jack holes who try to ruin it for others, but overall - a fantastic community that I very much enjoy and appreciate being a part of.

[/two thumbs up]

Well said !

It really is not the end of the world that they had to reschedule this. I really don't get the complaining about it. It looks like they had good reason and whether or not everyone believes it, is besides the point. I am not going to worry over a livestream considering how many times people are throwing a fit in the chat box anyways. :p

Send them to the Wow forums and they will coming running back lol. I always though SWG was bad at times but the little while I spent in Wow changed my mind lol. (And btw: Welcome back)

Edited by casirabit

Perhaps you did not notice, but there is downtime scheduled for Tuesday. They will not schedule a stream for the same day as downtime. The soonest they would do the stream would be Wednesday, but more likely not until Thursday or Friday as those are the days that they tend to prefer for streams. Further, there were to be three guests on the stream, and if it is their intent to schedule those same three guests for the make-up stream then they will have to coordinate with those guests and attempt to find a day and time when all three are available. One of the scheduled guests was to be the voice actor who does the English voice for the female Jedi Knight, Kari Wahlgren. It is unlikely that Kari Wahlgren would be able to simply reschedule for the following Friday as Wahlgren is quite a prolific voice actor. Now, if they plan to move forward with the stream sans all or some of the special guests then it is possible that they will do the stream this week. But they will certainly not be doing it on Tuesday.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9894571#edit9894571

Yes I can understand the guest conundrum, but make a stream about what is upcoming in this patch. I can live without the stream having a voice actor, I am more interested to see the news where this game is heading, if it is heading somewhere. Happy Games!

Yes I can understand the guest conundrum, but make a stream about what is upcoming in this patch. I can live without the stream having a voice actor, I am more interested to see the news where this game is heading, if it is heading somewhere. Happy Games!

I mean, we already know what's coming in this patch and where the game is heading -- they announced all this in a stream earlier this year. It was more a celebration than a news stream.

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

Quick update regarding our livestream that was initially planned for last week. The new date and time is Friday, November 20th at 3:00pm CST (9:00pm GMT). Unfortunately with the revised schedule, Kari Wahlgren (the voice of the female Jedi Knight) can't make it, but we were able to prepare with prerecording so you still get to hear from her! And don't forget, that's in addition to two other (secret) special guests who we were able to record interviews with as well.

The team is excited to reveal what we have planned for Game Update 6.2 and hope you can make it!

Edited by DanielSteed

Hey everyone!

Quick update regarding our livestream that was initially planned for last week. The new date and time is Friday, November 20th at 3:00pm CST (9:00pm GMT). Unfortunately with the revised schedule, Kari Wahlgren (the voice of the female Jedi Knight) can't make it, but we were able to prepare with prerecording so you still get to hear from her! And don't forget, that's in addition to two other (secret) special guests who we were able to record interviews with as well.

The team is excited to reveal what we have planned for Game Update 6.2 and hope you can make it!

TYVM for update !!

[/two thumbs up !!]

Hey everyone!

Thank you. Of course you do it the day before my birthday p.