Can't complete quest on hoth

oscarhawes

On hoth republic side the first planet story quest is bugged. the quest is called power vacuum

After talking to laskin he askes you to go search for survivors. I travelled to the location and I was meant to click on the control panel that is on the outside of the hut but it is bugged and can not be clicked.

There's a group of Imperials nearby...can't remember which direction, but it's within eyesight. Part of a mission about getting passports or something.

Anyway, head over there right quick, slaughter the Imperials, grab the passports...and by the time you're done with that (just a couple of minutes), the Power Vacuum mission will sort itself out, and you can proceed as normal.

Weird, I know, but that's what did it for me. Broken, but still workable.

I have a feeling that this mission interacts with a side-mission "Togruta Rescue". When I picked all missions (after arrival to Hoth), I saw that "Togruta Rescue" can be done in 2 areas: one was northeast from Aurek Base, second near the area where "Power Vacuum" has to be done. I did the "Togruta Rescue" in the northeast area (10 imp kills for bonus, then grabbed 3 Togruta Clearance Permits). But I didn't return to Aurek Base to finish the "Togruta Rescue". Instead, I went to south, where "Power Vacuum" should be done. And I was also unable to click the Comm Panel. After reading clues here, I did a reset of "Togruta Rescue", thinking - ok, when I pick up some Clearance Permits again, the Comm Panel will trigger. It didn't happen though. But when I reached approx position -3341, -1006, a dialog that I should find the soldiers... so I returned back to Comm Panel, and it WORKED!

Try it too... may be another workaround for you...

Had the same issue today, ran over to the imp camp and got next to the large radio tower in the middle of the camp and it triggered the comm link at the quest objective.

This is where the pink objective circle should be placed as it triggers the next part. For the developers, they just need to move the pink objective circle. Then it is fixed and goes correctly. The coordinates are - 3365 and -1012.

Okay I actually went NORTH WEST of the quest marker, I'm guessing the scout camp it mentions and killed some guys when I got close to the boss north of the camp it triggers the next objective.

Thanks, that worked for me too :)

And for others mentioning that abandoning the quest doesn't work, becase Lt. Laskin won't interact with you -> he is not the original quest giver, that is the shuttle pilot at Hoth orbital station.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The comms panel and tent used to be where it triggers the first part of the quest now, but the tent has actually moved to the other side of the road, presumably because the Imperial camp didn't use to be there.

I found this video from 2016: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjaOC-T2o7s

In this video the tent is where I triggered the "Search for survivors" part.

It seems the developers forgot to move the location of the quest trigger to where the marker is now.

On hoth republic side the first planet story quest is bugged. the quest is called power vacuum

After talking to laskin he askes you to go search for survivors. I travelled to the location and I was meant to click on the control panel that is on the outside of the hut but it is bugged and can not be clicked.

Thought it was a bug at 1st, turns out you have to defeat the imperials at the little igloo base right by it (you can literally see the imps from the marker) for it to unlock the quest chain. I had already completed the pass port side mission. Hope this helps.

I can confirm with a latter comment that the quest is bugged but in the manner that it needs you to go to an unrelated, unmarked location for it to trigger the next part of the quest. When I went to the coordinates -3341, -1006 it triggered the part of the quest to "Contact The Survivors" and use the Comms Panel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi folks,

Thank you for the report concerning the Planetary Mission on Hoth "Power Vacuum".

I've transferred the information to our team for additional verification. I'll update you when I know more.

Still happening since November of last year. Find anything? I can show you a video of the bug...

Heya.

I got the same issue and I have the exact location where the objective updated.

-3348 -1011, it's directly under Aurek Base.

I'ts the 2nd tent when you are coming from the Base, just in front to the Heater.

Edited by Fendax

There's a group of Imperials nearby...can't remember which direction, but it's within eyesight. Part of a mission about getting passports or something.

Anyway, head over there right quick, slaughter the Imperials, grab the passports...and by the time you're done with that (just a couple of minutes), the Power Vacuum mission will sort itself out, and you can proceed as normal.

Weird, I know, but that's what did it for me. Broken, but still workable.

Can confirm this works. Thanks!

It's all because of a wrong mission map tag.

The comm panel will be activated once you go to the igloo at 3355 by 1007.

Stop short of the place pointed on the map (3260 by 904) and turn right towards the mountains, the Aurek Base is part of.