Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game doesn't launch when hitting play......again

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game doesn't launch when hitting play......again
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dalethfc
11.09.2020 , 06:22 AM | #141
Nah,, It's since the update,, it is something They have done
Dalethfc
COYS
Free Stuff and 7 Day Sub

CommunityTeam
11.09.2020 , 07:01 AM | #142 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi all,

Our team is still looking into the issue you encounter.

For those on Windows 7 who still encounter the C1/C7 error message, updating Visual C++ to the latest version should help you: The latest supported Visual C++ downloads.

Thank you and do not hesitate to let me know if this troubleshooting helped you.
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Sasco
11.09.2020 , 07:32 AM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityTeam View Post
Hi all,

For those on Windows 7 who still encounter the C1/C7 error message, updating Visual C++ to the latest version should help you: The latest supported Visual C++ downloads.

Thank you and do not hesitate to let me know if this troubleshooting helped you.
Thanks for this, I've managed to get mine working again, but the issues has been happening after EACH patch for the last 3 or 4 patches, any idea why it happens each time?
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. "
Benjamin Franklin

LeonDeGrance
11.09.2020 , 01:19 PM | #144
Just adding my name here that I have a desktop that is having this same problem.
SWTOR - Beta

Desplain
11.09.2020 , 05:27 PM | #145
Hi all,

Didn't work for me (Win 7 64).
Had to switch back to Win 7 compatibility.

Please fix this bug immediately.
May the Force be with you.

denavin
11.09.2020 , 06:58 PM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by Desplain View Post
Didn't work for me (Win 7 64).
Had to switch back to Win 7 compatibility.
Even though you may not like the idea... It might be a good idea to finally upgrade your OS.
You do realize that they will only be able to patch Window 7 for just so long. When they no longer can or because they are simply tired of trying to, you may find you will have to give in and byte the digital bullet.

Quote: Originally Posted by Desplain View Post
Please fix this bug immediately.
Oh and it's NOT a bug. Support for Windows 7 ended on January 14, 2020.
Your days using Windows 7 are Numbered.... Sorry.
HK-55: "Do you think she passed her test?"
Z0-OM: "According to my sensors.... NO
."

whopackedmychute
11.09.2020 , 08:15 PM | #147
Since the patch last Tuesday, I have not been able to log in. I've tried every fix I've found on these forums. Nothing worked. I uninstalled and re-installed. I can finally log in and patch. Game loads and now takes me to a blank server screen. My sub runs out in a week. Wasn't planning on leaving the game. Unfortunately if this doesn't get fixed by then, (or at least an explanation of what is happening), I'll be on my way. Which is a bummer.

Desplain
11.09.2020 , 10:48 PM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by denavin View Post
Even though you may not like the idea... It might be a good idea to finally upgrade your OS.
You do realize that they will only be able to patch Window 7 for just so long. When they no longer can or because they are simply tired of trying to, you may find you will have to give in and byte the digital bullet.

Oh and it's NOT a bug. Support for Windows 7 ended on January 14, 2020.
Your days using Windows 7 are Numbered.... Sorry.
I'm aware of these facts.

I've started to build a brand new pc in April, but had to stop because of the corona crisis.

Some components haven't been available and my favorite computer shop is closed at the moment .
May the Force be with you.

wcwwolf
11.09.2020 , 10:54 PM | #149
Add me to the list, been 2 or 3 updates since I could play. Win10 user, log in to launcher, get a few seconds of the spinny loading circle, and then nothing

MasterRummy
11.10.2020 , 12:40 AM | #150
Hi all,

Is this an automated message? How can someone still be looking into this mess that is affecting so many players. Workarounds are causing my guildies and friends to leave the game. I think its time to let us really know what is going on! Its stated there is a Cantina about new updates in the game. I think it should also discuss this issue as a whole! Frustration players eventually give up and leave and this is happening and continues to increase to a point where more will remove their subs.

Please tell us what is going on!