Maintenance: September 9, 2020

CommunityTeam

I doubt it, as the relic acts as a reusable 'stim' once to hit it, you should still have the buff when the relic is taken off.

Alas I was right, the vaccination buff is removed as soon as you switch back to a useful relic.

Edited by Mubrak

Alas I was right, the vaccination buff is removed as soon as you switch back to a useful relic.

Ah for f**** sake, they can't do anything simple, they have to keep hitting it with a hammer. Every time they try to fix things, instead of using feather, they go in with sledgehammers swinging.

Figures...... This just gives people less reason to get the rank to get these stupid relics. The vaccines don't require you using a stupid relic, yea I know you have to purchase more but considering........

Edited by casirabit

Ah for f**** sake, they can't do anything simple, they have to keep hitting it with a hammer. Every time they try to fix things, instead of using feather, they go in with sledgehammers swinging.

Did you expect anything else? It seems they have gotten good at fixing things that don't really need fixing.

Are you guys seriously complaining about a relic that no one needs because you can simply buy the vaccine from any medical droid in the game to get a 6 hour protection against the Rakghoul disease?

Ok, now I am pretty much convinced that regardless of what BioWare is doing or not doing it will always be considered wrong and people have to complain for the sake of complaining. Time to take a big break from the forums.

Btw, thanks BioWare for finally fixing the mounting and flair sounds and for giving us the Fork-Lift Walker. Always wanted something like that for a long time.

Edited by Phazonfreak

Are you guys seriously complaining about a relic that no one needs because you can simply buy the vaccine from any medical droid in the game to get a 6 hour protection against the Rakghoul disease?

Ok, now I am pretty much convinced that regardless of what BioWare is doing or not doing it will always be considered wrong and people have to complain for the sake of complaining. Time to take a big break from the forums.

Btw, thanks BioWare for finally fixing the mounting and flair sounds and for giving us the Fork-Lift Walker. Always wanted something like that for a long time.

In the grand scheme of things, no it is not a big deal, except that it kinda is. When it comes to level sync wearing the lower quality relic to have the reusable rakghoul serum is not going to make much of a difference. It is the fact that BW changed this makes one scratch their head and ask, why? Why do this? Why make this change to this item? What does this solve because this is not a QoL improvement.

No I am not always complaining regardless of what BioWare does but you forget the fact that most got this relic so we do not have to buy a dozen vaccines from the medical droid if for some reason getting defeated in a heroic there. Plus you also forget that having to use the relic now to keep the buff, the i-Rating drops to 292 which results that it gives crappy stuff when reaching a new renown rank as well, or any kinds of rewards that are now going to be 294.

Yes, I know I could buy the vaccine instead but that was not needed if losing that buff and that was why I got that relic in the first place because if doing that heroic, you can't just go back to the medical droid or ask someone in the group to trade a vaccine. Some points you should have thought about before saying we are all complainers regardless whatever.

No I am not always complaining regardless of what BioWare does but you forget the fact that most got this relic so we do not have to buy a dozen vaccines from the medical droid if for some reason getting defeated in a heroic there. Plus you also forget that having to use the relic now to keep the buff, the i-Rating drops to 292 which results that it gives crappy stuff when reaching a new renown rank as well, or any kinds of rewards that are now going to be 294.

Yes, I know I could buy the vaccine instead but that was not needed if losing that buff and that was why I got that relic in the first place because if doing that heroic, you can't just go back to the medical droid or ask someone in the group to trade a vaccine. Some points you should have thought about before saying we are all complainers regardless whatever.

OR they could just remove the relic from the game and that would be that. End of kvetching about it.

Bioware should do that more often, just like with little kids: you complain, I'm taking your toy away.

lots of people that didn't get their daily dose of cookies today it seems like, imo just keep the relic on your character if the 2k for the vac is too many credits for you

I'm just sitting here laughing because the last time I even got infected was during DvL.

My strongholds have everything I need, there's no reason to even hang around the fleet anymore.

It's not even convenient when I can just jump back and forth from a stronghold :D

Edited by Suzsi

In the grand scheme of things, no it is not a big deal, except that it kinda is. When it comes to level sync wearing the lower quality relic to have the reusable rakghoul serum is not going to make much of a difference. It is the fact that BW changed this makes one scratch their head and ask, why? Why do this? Why make this change to this item? What does this solve because this is not a QoL improvement.

I have had a relic for years though I have never used it except to try it out years ago so my memory might fail me but I remember that this is how it used to work and it was broken at some point during these years.

Seems obvious that it is meant to be equipped to use its protection, if all you needed was equip it for a second just to get a buff then remove it, they would have made a re-usable stim, not a relic. The point was: do I want to give up some power for a protection?

OR they could just remove the relic from the game and that would be that. End of kvetching about it.

Bioware should do that more often, just like with little kids: you complain, I'm taking your toy away.

Yes, I agree BioWare should do that more often... And start with taking your toys away!!

You see, your comment did not contribute to anything at all but only to come at me dictating that my "Play your way" style means things should be removed if something changes and I voice the same thing some others also have done.

Eventually, we will get to see if something changes someday that you like if that comment of yours is keeping the same value.

Edited by -Rachel-