Season 13 and the Future of PvP

ChrisSchmidt

You guys did it now. I had an hour to decompress after working a night shift, was rolling with my sniper and wanted to casually PVP. I hate the toxicity of of PVP as it is, and it is only compounded in 4v4 matches. I pop a 4v4 and I actually think about it, until I see three ops/scoundrels (the most overpowered, non-canon class out there... this month) and a sentinel or mara on the other side. Nope. I am going to be a hinderance to my team, and I know it so I pop out. And then I get the 15 minute ban. I had an hour to play, to decompress and stop thinking about how my night at work was and I am punished because I didn't want to spend it getting stunned once and melted.

I am a subscriber. I have been since the beginning. If I want to pop out of a match, that's my prerogative.

Since 'no timeline on when we will be able to select what warzones we want to participate in' option isn't available yet. Then how about on the very NEXT update, Tuesday I hope, you just delete that portion of the programming.

Then work on balancing the classes out.

These are relatable experiences here. I feel for you man.

I agree, too, that a huge part of the problem is a lack of true balance between the classes that only exacerbates the overall crappy feeling ranked leaves one with, especially when coupled with all the cheating and win trading that goes on regularly.

When you deal with not only cheating shenanigans, but also having to look down the barrel of class that easily have a huge advantage over your class well it's hard to even want to try in this meta.

If they had better match making and better class balance it would only serve the whole system well because it would make it that much easier to provide players with an enjoyable, competitive environment.

It's been so many years, yet I still believe the game has a chance. There's nothing to take it's second place crown, with no games out on the horizon to take subs, and plenty of Star Wars movies and other media related things to keep the blood flowing for Star Wars things.

But. BW is sitting on a gold mine, and instead of taking advantage of this once in a million life time, they are pouting about how poorly Anthem performed, and worrying about scrounging pennies and not putting what they make from SWTOR back into SWTOR, which is such a frustrating thing to see.

Edited by Lhancelot

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pop a 4v4 and I actually think about it, until I see three ops/scoundrels (the most overpowered, non-canon class out there... this month)

I literally lol'd. Now I want to see a thread where pvpers demand that classes get nerfed because they aren't "canon".

I was going to sit out unranked until they allow us to select which maps BUT as its the daily bonus, gave it a try (DM). It's exactly the disaster we all said it would be. Due to the huge imbalance, pugs with a couple of people at ilvl 306 are matched against premades of clearly superior teams. There is absolutely no chance of a win now so no chance of completing either the weekly or daily quest.

A deserter debuff may have been needed alongside map selection, however there was no need to alter the quests for unranked. Terrible plan BW.

The only players benefiting are the experienced-&-skilled-in-ranked players who do unranked for lols and farmed kills.

Finally a win (after 11 matches). Wins no longer count as 2 either. I think I can live without unranked PvP in my future. I'm so glad I got the title I was after on my main before all the bollocks.

Edited by Sarova

I have no opinion, my opinion does not matter and we now censor posts on these forums. No point in trying, waste of time! The screaming, goofy, crazy, left are too busy just being....intolerant. Edited by Nickodemous

These are relatable experiences here. I feel for you man.

I agree, too, that a huge part of the problem is a lack of true balance between the classes that only exacerbates the overall crappy feeling ranked leaves one with, especially when coupled with all the cheating and win trading that goes on regularly.

When you deal with not only cheating shenanigans, but also having to look down the barrel of class that easily have a huge advantage over your class well it's hard to even want to try in this meta.

Yep...

It's been so many years, yet I still believe the game has a chance. There's nothing to take it's second place crown, with no games out on the horizon to take subs, and plenty of Star Wars movies and other media related things to keep the blood flowing for Star Wars things.

But. BW is sitting on a gold mine, and instead of taking advantage of this once in a million life time, they are pouting about how poorly Anthem performed, and worrying about scrounging pennies and not putting what they make from SWTOR back into SWTOR, which is such a frustrating thing to see.

Yep...

/applause

I canceled my sub today, pvp isnt worth playing with lock out timers.

As my healer today I got a 4v4 pop with 5 total healers and two tanks, then 3 back to back voidstar back-fills onto losing teams.

whatever system you have picking players and teams does not work, adding in lock out timers does nothing to fix that problem. I still see droves of people dropping matches anyways, using premades or multiple alts to bypass the lockout. Or just straight up afking in matches on purpose.

I canceled my sub today, pvp isnt worth playing with lock out timers.

As my healer today I got a 4v4 pop with 5 total healers and two tanks, then 3 back to back voidstar back-fills onto losing teams.

whatever system you have picking players and teams does not work, adding in lock out timers does nothing to fix that problem. I still see droves of people dropping matches anyways, using premades or multiple alts to bypass the lockout. Or just straight up afking in matches on purpose.

Bye....don't know who you are but it would seem you think u all that. Thanks!

Edited by Nickodemous

H

1. Predacious Weapon Set (Season 6) and Commanding Weapon Set (Season 8)

50,000 pvp tokens for each Weapon Set

2. Gladiator Weapon Set (Season 5) and Giradda’s Acklay Mount (Season 7)

50,000 for the weapon set, 200,000 for the mount

3. Furious Armor and Weapon Sets (Season 3)

100,000 each for the armor sets (there are 4), 50,000 for the Weapon Set

Reminder that Replica rewards do not use unique currency for purchase so you can start saving now! As mentioned above, replicas were meant as a supplement to Seasonal rewards as we were no longer doing our bigger PvP rewards. The underlying reason that we are moving the replicas out at a quicker pace is that we want to return to doing exactly that! Here is what that means. Sometime (at least a few months) after the Replica Furious Armor set returns, we are going to completely retire the replica rewards from the vendor going forward. We want to make sure we give everyone ample notice, and ample time to get all of the rewards that they want. At that point, it is our intention to move back to higher quality PvP rewards than we have been giving you recently. To be frank, we want to make new, unique PvP prestige rewards worth battling over! This is many months away,so there aren’t a ton of specifics to share yet, but just know that our intention is that PvP should be a fun, fair place to battle it out, and one where you are properly rewarded for those efforts! We will share more when we get closer.

Will ranked PVP tokens be legacy bound by the time all the replica rewards are available for purchase?

• 3 weeks later...

Also, throughout the course of Season 13 and into the start of Season 14, we are going to bring out all of the remaining replicas. No more waiting for one to come back each Season! Stay tuned for a future update on exactly when you can expect each drop, starting later this Summer. It is not intended that they return in a sequential order, so we want to be clear in what order they will drop:

1. Predacious Weapon Set (Season 6) and Commanding Weapon Set (Season 8)

50,000 pvp tokens for each Weapon Set

2. Gladiator Weapon Set (Season 5) and Giradda’s Acklay Mount (Season 7)

50,000 for the weapon set, 200,000 for the mount

3. Furious Armor and Weapon Sets (Season 3)

100,000 each for the armor sets (there are 4), 50,000 for the Weapon Set

Come on time for release it ....

Or let us know the dates for every 1. 2. and 3. reward-release...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Dev Post

I just wanted to update some of the timing around Replica rewards, as promised in my previous post.

As a reminder, we talked about rolling out the remaining replica rewards throughout the course of Season 13 (the current season) and Season 14, with the longer term goal being returning to exclusive, new rewards after Season 14.

Since then, we've identified some additional Replica rewards we would like to add to the vendors. See below for the updated and expanded reward plan:

1. Available starting in Game Update 6.1.3 (Targeting Wednesday, September 9):
    • Predacious Weapon Set (Season 6) - 50,000 pvp tokens
    • Commanding Weapon Set (Season 8) - 50,000 pvp tokens
    • Baron Deathmark's Predacious Wrangler mount (Season 6) - 200,000 pvp tokens

[*]Available starting in Game Update 6.2 (Targeting early December):

• Gladiator Weapon Set (Season 5) - 50,000 pvp tokens
  • Giradda's Acklay mount (Season 7) - 200,000 pvp tokens
  • Baron Deathmark's Swashbuckling Cutter mount (Season 4) - 200,000 pvp tokens
  • Gladitorial Nexu mount (Season 5) - 200,000 pvp tokens

[*]Available in a future Game Update (but well before the end of Season 14):

• Furious Armor Sets (Season 3 - there are four sets) - 100,000 pvp tokens each
  • Furious Weapon Set (Season 3) - 50,000 pvp tokens
  • Baron Deathmark's Furious Walker mount (Season 3) - 200,000 pvp tokens
  • Ember Makrin mount (Season 8) - 200,000 pvp tokens

In addition, we've heard your feedback around bringing back Replica Color Crystals, and we're working on a plan for those. Both pricing and timing TBD, but we will likely make some available beginning in Game Update 6.2.

We've heard lots of your feedback around pricing as well. We have no plans to adjust pricing, however we will certainly evaluate boosting the end of season token payouts for all rating tiers (Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum).

I also mentioned in the last post that we would be converting non-seasonal Ranked PvP Reward Tokens to a Legacy currency in a future update. That future update is here! The conversion will take place with the 6.1.3 Update.

Finally, we've seen and heard lots of reports about harassment and general toxicity in the game, in particular in PvP. I'm looking forward to sharing more about the things we've been working on to address toxicity in particular and the state of PvP in general in a future post.

As always, we appreciate any feedback you have!

-Chris

:csw_jabbapet:

I also mentioned in the last post that we would be converting non-seasonal Ranked PvP Reward Tokens to a Legacy currency in a future update. That future update is here! The conversion will take place with the 6.1.3 Update.

Wow! This is great news indeed! Looking forward to it!

Finally, we've seen and heard lots of reports about harassment and general toxicity in the game, in particular in PvP. I'm looking forward to sharing more about the things we've been working on to address toxicity in particular and the state of PvP in general in a future post

Yes, please look into those, there were quire a few evildoers there lately. There is just no reason for such behaviour yet people still resolve to it.

Two quick things to add.

[*]Gladitorial Nexu mount (Season 5) - 200,000 pvp tokens

I believe this is the mount that was mistakenly granted to people that didn't earn it back in season 5. Perhaps consider dropping its price and also adding Giradda's Special Pet Nexu for 200k.

[*]Baron Deathmark's Swashbuckling Cutter mount (Season 4) - 200,000 pvp tokens

This mount is already on the vendor.

The problem in Swtor is always in the future and always stays there in this game and all is happening very very slowly.

S12 start we have a post similar to this one, where the PvP guy says they are hearing the community and looking into the Tactical change that allows stealth classes to do it (sin and operatives first as they can stealth out and go out of combat), and also thay they are looking into the problem surrounding class stacking.

Class stacking has been a community raised concern and was a big issue with Mercs in S11 and with Sins in S12 (before nerf).

About nine months later at the start of S13 at least we got that during combat you cannot change Tactical, but classes now can also change utility points and gear. I am okay with this last one though I do not change spec so often nowadays. The utility point change seems also working in some maps and not so in other. It works in all Arenas, but in some WZ I could not change tactical. I think in HB and voidstar (between rounds) you cannot do it. I am not sure this is a bug or is Working as Intended.

But class stacking in Ranked is still an issue, a big one and really everyone complains about it. Some classes are extra powerful, as for example Mercs (triple or quadruple nets), but even a couple Guardians with off guard become a problem.

This is possibly the worst I have seen Swtor in all years, and I know there is Covid and all that.

But I wonder if its time to pull the plug to Swtor, and tell us (honesty is never bad) it is in maintenance mode and your sub just exists to keep it going. It is a pity but may be somethings you have to let them go,,,,

Since even the most small of PvP changes take forever to implement.

Edited by limenutpen

Class stacking has been an issue in SWTOR since forever. For a long while it was smash juggs/marauders. There was a short period of time when stacking madness sorcs was uncomfortably abusive. Operatives have just had the longest time in the spotlight.

*long sigh*

I know you guys said "holiday season" during the last livestream, but I had this faint hope that would maybe mean something like Thanksgiving, and not actual Christmas...

It's possible for early December to be closer to Thanksgiving than Xmas.

• 3 months later...