Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nar Shadaa Nightlife broken

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Pathera
07.16.2020 , 09:03 PM | #1
So I played through everything except for "Complete “Counterfeit Tokens: Nar Shaddaa”

I can talk to the informant, but the Counterfeiter we are supposed to meet does not spawn.. I have informed Bioware, I have reloaded the game, i have reset the quest and started over. Nothing works and Bioware seems to be in no hurry to fix the issue.

Also, the Emperor's Slot Machines don't work. Some people have said to keep trying, they sometimes work and they sometimes don't, but have tried multiple times. They never work.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Am I the only one having these issues?

BatMorph
07.16.2020 , 09:11 PM | #2
I only had the Emperor's work for me the first day. Now no matter what machine I try it never works. I will be stuck with these chips.

DarkTergon
07.17.2020 , 01:15 AM | #3
both issues already have threads opened, and are 'supposedly' being looked at, not eta yet on when it'll be sorted though. Some people have found switching instances help though.
You know you can't fix an idiot, turns out you can't quarantine them either!!!
Feel free to click the link and get all the usual goodies
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

Ardrossan
07.17.2020 , 09:06 AM | #4
The counterfeit tokens problem should be fixed by now. I ran it several times yesterday without a problem.

Players in-game believed that the emp machines work initially when instances become depopulated and reset, like if there's no one in instance 2 on NS, it will vanish and reset when players log back in. idk if this is true but yesterday around this time I was able to use the emp machines [one of them, anyway] and then they stopped working. idk why BW built so few of them, it's not like it costs them anything.
Quote: Originally Posted by sharkfishman View Post
Any true Jedi or Sith knows that it's not enough to defeat Malgus physically, you have to defeat him fashionably if you want to truly conquer the universe.

Dekibra
07.17.2020 , 09:12 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardrossan View Post
The counterfeit tokens problem should be fixed by now. I ran it several times yesterday without a problem.

Players in-game believed that the emp machines work initially when instances become depopulated and reset, like if there's no one in instance 2 on NS, it will vanish and reset when players log back in. idk if this is true but yesterday around this time I was able to use the emp machines [one of them, anyway] and then they stopped working. idk why BW built so few of them, it's not like it costs them anything.
the Counterfeit Token NS mission worked and works perfectly fine for Republic side ... but still not at all for the Imperial side
useful goodies for you & me --> my Referral Link

DarkTergon
07.17.2020 , 10:00 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Dekibra View Post
the Counterfeit Token NS mission worked and works perfectly fine for Republic side ... but still not at all for the Imperial side
Yup, it's imp side that's gimped, same with Meksha, some people don't get bolstered till they die and go back to med center, depending on the options you pick, sometimes it won't matter
Spoiler
You know you can't fix an idiot, turns out you can't quarantine them either!!!
Feel free to click the link and get all the usual goodies
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

EricMusco
07.17.2020 , 11:02 AM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

First off, we apologize for the issues present in the Nar Shaddaa Nightlife event. We know it can be frustrating when elements of the event aren’t working and we appreciate your patience.

Our next formal patch is slated for July 28th, which will kick off Ranked Season 13 (we have a back-end only patch coming next Tuesday). Right now we are working through a variety of fixes for the Nar event which will also come in with the patch on the 28th. Once we have a full list of those fixes we will make sure to come back and let you know what they are. Separately, we know that the issues with the event can prevent you from being able to participate in it and so we are also going to be extending the event. The Nar Shaddaa Nightlife event will now run until August 25th (previously August 11th).

Thank you again for your patience, we will share more info as we have it.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

DarthExkarn
07.17.2020 , 11:08 AM | #8
Thank you!
Sindrel
Kalifa
Click for free things,
http://www.swtor.com/r/HLR8PG

Nee-Elder
07.17.2020 , 11:36 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

First off, we apologize for the issues present in the Nar Shaddaa Nightlife event. We know it can be frustrating when elements of the event aren’t working and we appreciate your patience.

The Nar Shaddaa Nightlife event will now run until August 25th (previously August 11th).

-eric
Thank YOU Eric (and rest of the team) .

I've been somewhat "harsh" in my criticism recently (*coughs* new social bar) but this is an excellent post from you and i for one appreciate the forthright communication.

Now if only we could get some GSF pve missions before 2022....

p.s. Will the July 28th patch also include 'Swoop Event' fixes too?
Never tell me the odds!

Pathera
07.17.2020 , 11:58 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Our next formal patch is slated for July 28th, which will kick off Ranked Season 13 (we have a back-end only patch coming next Tuesday). Right now we are working through a variety of fixes for the Nar event which will also come in with the patch on the 28th. Once we have a full list of those fixes we will make sure to come back and let you know what they are. Separately, we know that the issues with the event can prevent you from being able to participate in it and so we are also going to be extending the event. The Nar Shaddaa Nightlife event will now run until August 25th (previously August 11th).

-eric
Thank you. It is a little less frustrating when we know that a fix is in the works.