Upcoming Livestream - July 21

DanielSteed

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

Next week on Tuesday, July 21st we will be having a livestream over on our Twitch channel. The stream will be starting at 11:45am CDT / 4:45pm UTC. Following the stream there will be a summary post to fill in everyone on what is discussed if they're unable to view it live.

Hey everyone!

Next week on Tuesday, July 21st we will be having a livestream over on our Twitch channel. The stream will be starting at 11:45am CDT / 4:45pm UTC. Following the stream there will be a summary post to fill in everyone on what is discussed if they're unable to view it live.

This is like 4:45am for me.

Can you give me some idea of what you will be discussing so I can decide if its worth such a early start?

Hey everyone!

Mind if the old man tags along ??

... I may just have to try to make this one !

Hey everyone!

Can we ask questions that won't get ignored, can we asked questions without the fear of being banned by mods, can we ask question that are actually important to people?

Can we ask questions that won't get ignored, can we asked questions without the fear of being banned by mods, can we ask question that are actually important to people?

I mean within reason we can ask whatever we want. What they choose to answer is an entirely different question. I've elicited exactly one response in a twitch stream. I was being a condescending jerk.

The same logic applies to any time i have gotten a forum response. Its never been when i was asking a legitimate, reasonable question. No, responses have always come when I was being condescending.

Moral of the story, theyre there to talk about what they want to talk about, and any questions we ask that are even slightly difficult will be ignored, just like always.

I dont even know that I'll be bothered listening, since they can't even be bothered to mention what the focus of this livestream will be.

Edited by KendraP

Hey everyone!

Some agenda would be appreciated. At least a vague one.

It'll prolly be about the Steam release.

And questions they gonna answer are about Steam stuff or pointless "if you gonna be a sammich, which sammich it'd be lol:D:D" - tier of softball chitchat.

- I'd like to know why they in process of ruining GSF as meaningful part of conq system.

- I'd like to know why -all- multiplayer content is so far beneath soloable heroics in terms of conq earned.

Edited by Stradlin

I want to be very, very careful with my phrasing and language on this point. And I will provide context.

Stipulation #1: I absolutely understand that as a voice actor-oriented game, you were hit potentially harder than other MMORPGs with respect to releasing new content.

Stipulation #2: You aren't a charity.

At the end of the day, I'm having fun or not. I still like Onslaught but have stopped playing (you can check, haven't played for 3 weeks) for a simple reason...

I have all the gear I want and there is no new content and ESO has a new expansion (which is kind of meh). But still...this is a thread about the upcoming Livestream and my hopes and expectations.

Conclusion: I get the cycle / circle of life of MMORPGs and I'm not quitting and will happily return when there is new content, but unless this Livestream is substantive about new content, I couldn't care less. I can live with the annoying pop-ups, but ...

A) We are quite capable of reading. We don't need you to rehash the new PvP outlines. (Not saying you shouldn't address legit questions about map frequency).

B) If you announce you are launching on Steam I will be annoyed. Anyone watching the stream will already be a fan. I think launching on Steam is a good idea but don't sing to the choir.

C) I love this game but it has been 9 months since you released substantive content (outside of Swoop, which I consider a minor diversion / side game (largely, not completely) irrelevant to character advancement). Again, not faulting you for delays, but (again) you're not a charity. Other games are releasing content. You are not.

Bottom line: Yes, I will be back for new content, but absent a discussion of new content and its release date, you can't be surprised if I take a break. Currently playing ESO. And, while I like SWTOR more, ESO has new content.

Let me know when to come back.

Regards,

Dasty

P.S. I will not be the least bit upset if you say, "Dasty, we get it. Probably good to go play ESO for a while. Can't wait to see you return in all your forum brilliance when we release new content." :rak_04:

Edited by Jdast

C) I love this game but it has been 9 months since you released substantive content (outside of Swoop, which I consider a minor diversion / side game (largely, not completely) irrelevant to character advancement). Again, not faulting you for delays, but (again) you're not a charity. Other games are releasing content. You are not.

I will defend swoop race. It was a really good event, just without any substantial rewards. Especially comparing it to nightlife where the "gameplay" is hitting right click and walking between two different machines. It is a diversion sure, but in no way would I call it minor. I would imagine it took them at least the same amount of dev time as a flashpoint, though I would imagine different team member groupings/

I want to be very, very careful with my phrasing and language on this point. And I will provide context.

Stipulation #1: I absolutely understand that as a voice actor-oriented game, you were hit potentially harder than other MMORPGs with respect to releasing new content.

Stipulation #2: You aren't a charity.

At the end of the day, I'm having fun or not. I still like Onslaught but have stopped playing (you can check, haven't played for 3 weeks) for a simple reason...

I have all the gear I want and there is no new content and ESO has a new expansion (which is kind of meh). But still...this is a thread about the upcoming Livestream and my hopes and expectations.

Conclusion: I get the cycle / circle of life of MMORPGs and I'm not quitting and will happily return when there is new content, but unless this Livestream is substantive about new content, I couldn't care less. I can live with the annoying pop-ups, but ...

A) We are quite capable of reading. We don't need you to rehash the new PvP outlines. (Not saying you shouldn't address legit questions about map frequency).

B) If you announce you are launching on Steam I will be annoyed. Anyone watching the stream will already be a fan. I think launching on Steam is a good idea but don't sing to the choir.

Bottom line: Yes, I will be back for new content, but absent a discussion of new content and its release date, you can't be surprised if I take a break. Currently playing ESO. And, while I like SWTOR more, ESO has new content.

Let me know when to come back.

Regards,

Dasty

P.S. I will not be the least bit upset if you say, "Dasty, we get it. Probably good to go play ESO for a while. Can't wait to see you return in all your forum brilliance when we release new content." :rak_04:

You do realize they have new content ready it just needs the VA done? Be patient they cant get that done till things settle down. But I thought I heard va work was resuming.

I will defend swoop race. It was a really good event, just without any substantial rewards. Especially comparing it to nightlife where the "gameplay" is hitting right click and walking between two different machines. It is a diversion sure, but in no way would I call it minor. I would imagine it took them at least the same amount of dev time as a flashpoint, though I would imagine different team member groupings/

Fair point. And I was actually surprised about how well developed it was. Yes, there were a couple achievement bugs, but they didn't bug me too much.

But, yes, I'm exposing my bias about advancing the storyline.

Dasty

Hey everyone!

An chance we can have a heads up on what they will be talking about?

You do realize they have new content ready it just needs the VA done? Be patient they cant get that done till things settle down. But I thought I heard va work was resuming.

I thought I pretty much acknowledged that in my post and was pretty calm. I simply expounded on my hope for the Livestream.

You may say it is immaterial b/c I will be back no matter what. True. But it is dang difficult to get my guildmates in ESO to come over when they have no idea where this game is headed. There is a practicality and utilitarian aspect underlying my posts. And I would like to think my suggestions are all in promotion of this game to a wider audience.

My reticence is that in the past they have devoted Livestreams to info which we: a) already know; or b) is inconsequential.

/shrug

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

You can ask but they still won't answer them unless it's convenient for them.

An chance we can have a heads up on what they will be talking about?

Come on, you know how this works.

If they don't give you an agenda they can claim that no questions were submitted relevant to the live-stream.

If they give an agenda they will actually have to answer questions from the players, and they really don't want to have to do that.

The livestream isn't there for players to discuss legitimate concerns; its there so Bioware can tell you what a great job they are doing and how much "exciting content" they have lined up for some. as yet to be determined, date in the future.

All The Best

The livestream isn't there for players to discuss legitimate concerns;

Well it darn sure outta be, so can someone please try bringing up THIS: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=764859&page=18&highlight=missing+guild

cuz imo, that ^ plus the myriad of recent Event bugs should take priority over whatever positive things SWTOR has going for it (and it has lots of good stuff , obviously, but the bad stuff overshadows the good )

Fair point. And I was actually surprised about how well developed it was. Yes, there were a couple achievement bugs, but they didn't bug me too much.

But, yes, I'm exposing my bias about advancing the storyline.

Dasty

Please tell me that pun was intended, lol! Seriously, puns amuse me.

Please tell me that pun was intended, lol! Seriously, puns amuse me.

Finally, someone got it!

P.S. You've won a VIP pass to my Pleasure Barge VIP Lounge where I will personally allow you to shave (or pluck) some unwanted hairs on my favorite Gamorrean's backside.

:rak_03::rak_03::rak_03:

Edited by Jdast

Finally, someone got it!

P.S. You've won a VIP pass to my Pleasure Barge VIP Lounge where I will personally allow you to shave (or pluck) some unwanted hairs on my favorite Gamorrean's backside.

:rak_03::rak_03::rak_03:

Woohoo! Vacation time!

Seriously though, I went through all of the following comments and was like "How has no one said anything?!"

Woohoo! Vacation time!

Seriously though, I went through all of the following comments and was like "How has no one said anything?!"

Because Im tired and havent had enough coffee to kick start my brain... le sigh.

:rak_03:

Hey everyone!

any resume ?