Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Season 13 and the Future of PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Season 13 and the Future of PvP
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

omaan
07.16.2020 , 06:57 AM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
But, you missed SWTOR didn't you! Here you are, back on SWTOR!

P.S. What class are you going to play now that PTs and Ops are both top of the heap?
I didn't miss swtor at all, i returned back because i was banned in wow for flaming and swearing (multiple times kek). Now iam forced to return to this junkyard with dead team ranked, bots, dsync, buggs and incompetent class balance (did they really nerfed merc's set bonus? And running heal tactical? Lmao). I see devs also decided to add deserter to regs which only proves how far away from their own game they are.
The biggest problem in this game is that devs aren't playing it. If they actually played their own game they would see that nerfing merc or viru sniper wasn't necessary, adding deserter to regs is a bad idea and that team ranked needs to be returned back to season 10 state. They also would see how many buggs this game has. But they won't play. When i played wow i think i saw some of swtor crew members playing it too not sure but wouldn't be surprised if it happened
Support the most evil, mad and cruel sith named Stain by clicking this small link http://www.swtor.com/r/wSmNkK You will get additional 7 days of subscription while i get some goodies
May the kek be with you. Save ranked and class balance pls

TrixxieTriss
07.16.2020 , 12:57 PM | #152
So did they add the deserter timer?

I’m away from my PC at the moment and can’t check on the game

Lundorff
07.16.2020 , 01:10 PM | #153
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
So did they add the deserter timer?

I’m away from my PC at the moment and can’t check on the game
Not in lowbies at least, so I guess not.

ChrisSchmidt
07.16.2020 , 02:16 PM | #154 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey Friends,

Just wanted to follow up on some of the conversations happening around the changes we’ve talked about in this thread, and what action we’re taking over the short and long term to address a couple concerns.

First, let’s start by talking about the change that has driven the most discussion: The extension of the Deserter debuff to Unranked for those that leave a match early (coming in patch 6.1.2d).

The premise of this change is in-line with our goal of PvP being a fun, fair place to play. When a player leaves a warzone (or afk’s), they are affecting the experience for the other 15 players in the match. This sort of behavior artificially adds friction to the experience, and disproportionately affects the ‘fun’ and ‘fairness’ for everyone else. We will not support this behavior with our systems, but we must ask ourselves why players are motivated to use this type of action?

Well, y’all have been very clear and vocal about many of these reasons. So let’s get into it:

Performance

We hear you that performance in warzones continues to be an issue, especially since the 6.0 update. In particular, you have all indicated performance in the Vandin and Quesh Huttball maps are especially egregious.

What we’re doing about it: In the short term, in the upcoming patch 6.1.2d, we will remove the Vandin and Quesh Huttball maps from rotation until we can solve the performance issues with those particular maps.

Longer term, we are profiling the root of performance issues in general (de-syncs, hitches, slide show experiences) across the board in order to provide you with a smooth, fun experience. No ETA on this, but we have already begun in earnest and are committed to fixing it.

Preference

We hear you that you would rather choose which maps or modes to play, to avoid the ones you don’t like and play what is the most fun for you. In particular, Odessen Proving Grounds comes up often as one of the least popular modes, in particular in Unranked since it can be difficult to coordinate team play in a random queue situation.

So let’s talk a bit about the map rotation. Currently, and for some time now, we favor map variety over match type variety.

We categorize match types into 5 categories, plus arenas:
  • Capture Point
    • Alderaan Civil War
    • Novare Coast
    • Yavin Ruins
  • Huttball
    • Nar Shaddaa (Original map)
    • Quesh
    • Vandin
  • Odessen Proving Grounds (OPG)
  • Ancient Hypergates
  • Voidstar

In favoring map variety, each map has an equal chance to pop once a match is created.

One note about Arena maps - they are not in the regular rotation, and will only pop when there is insufficient population to support an 8v8 match. So you will most often see these in lower level brackets or when the queues have low population in general. An arena match should be relatively rare.

Back to map variety, you would be right to note if each map is equally weighted, you are three times as likely to get a Capture Point or Huttball match type than any other, since there are three times as many maps in those modes.

So if you’re a player who dislikes one particular mode, particularly if that mode is OPG, why should you be forced to play it?

What we’re doing about it: In the short term, in the upcoming patch 6.1.2d, we will adjust the map rotation to favor match variety over map variety. What this means is that you will have an equal chance to have a Capture Point, Huttball, Ancient Hypergates, or Voidstar match type pop.

The exception is OPG, which we hear from y’all is the least popular match type currently. We aren’t removing it completely from the rotation for now, but the likelihood that match type will pop will be very small. Longer term we will take a hard look and address the issues with OPG that makes it less popular.

Longer term, we agree that a welcomed and healthy addition to the game would be the ability to choose which match types and/or maps you want or do not want to play. As with any new feature, this requires investigation and an assessment of the scope of work before we can commit to a timeframe, however that work has already begun. We are committed to this feature and will update y’all with more information, especially on timing, when we have it.

Miscellaneous

A couple of other topics that were asked about:

The currency for the remaining Replica Rewards will not be Season specific tokens, but the non-seasonal Ranked PvP Reward Tokens. We will also convert this currency into a Legacy currency in a future update, so feel free to earn tokens on whichever character you like until then.

We intend to bring back Replica versions of the remaining mounts as well. Stay tuned for the rollout plan there.

Thanks again for engaging in discussion around these topics. I look forward to updating everyone on our progress in the future!

-Chris

Chris "BioChris" Schmidt | Lead Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

merovejec
07.16.2020 , 02:17 PM | #155
Nope, there is no penalty for leaving.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Referral Link

Llacertus
07.16.2020 , 02:36 PM | #156
I think I'm starting to love you guys.
"The Force is all things and I am the Force"
-Last Line of the Grey Jedi Code

avenger_online
07.16.2020 , 02:37 PM | #157
Legacy tokens is great to here I'm so happy to see that change after campaigning for it for so long, would you guys be able to confirm whether we are getting legacy tokens before the replicas are re released because if that is the case I will not have to q all my games on my jugg dps and I can have more freedom with what I play.

Dlegofan
07.16.2020 , 02:38 PM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by ChrisSchmidt View Post
So if you’re a player who dislikes one particular mode, particularly if that mode is OPG, why should you be forced to play it?
Why can't we just pick a match like PVE can pick a flashpoint? It seems like such a simple solution.

omaan
07.16.2020 , 02:41 PM | #159
Quote: Originally Posted by ChrisSchmidt View Post
Hey Friends,

Just wanted to follow up on some of the conversations happening around the changes we’ve talked about in this thread, and what action we’re taking over the short and long term to address a couple concerns.

First, let’s start by talking about the change that has driven the most discussion: The extension of the Deserter debuff to Unranked for those that leave a match early (coming in patch 6.1.2d).

The premise of this change is in-line with our goal of PvP being a fun, fair place to play. When a player leaves a warzone (or afk’s), they are affecting the experience for the other 15 players in the match. This sort of behavior artificially adds friction to the experience, and disproportionately affects the ‘fun’ and ‘fairness’ for everyone else. We will not support this behavior with our systems, but we must ask ourselves why players are motivated to use this type of action?

Well, y’all have been very clear and vocal about many of these reasons. So let’s get into it:

Performance

We hear you that performance in warzones continues to be an issue, especially since the 6.0 update. In particular, you have all indicated performance in the Vandin and Quesh Huttball maps are especially egregious.

What we’re doing about it: In the short term, in the upcoming patch 6.1.2d, we will remove the Vandin and Quesh Huttball maps from rotation until we can solve the performance issues with those particular maps.

Longer term, we are profiling the root of performance issues in general (de-syncs, hitches, slide show experiences) across the board in order to provide you with a smooth, fun experience. No ETA on this, but we have already begun in earnest and are committed to fixing it.

Preference

We hear you that you would rather choose which maps or modes to play, to avoid the ones you don’t like and play what is the most fun for you. In particular, Odessen Proving Grounds comes up often as one of the least popular modes, in particular in Unranked since it can be difficult to coordinate team play in a random queue situation.

So let’s talk a bit about the map rotation. Currently, and for some time now, we favor map variety over match type variety.

We categorize match types into 5 categories, plus arenas:
  • Capture Point
    • Alderaan Civil War
    • Novare Coast
    • Yavin Ruins
  • Huttball
    • Nar Shaddaa (Original map)
    • Quesh
    • Vandin
  • Odessen Proving Grounds (OPG)
  • Ancient Hypergates
  • Voidstar

In favoring map variety, each map has an equal chance to pop once a match is created.

One note about Arena maps - they are not in the regular rotation, and will only pop when there is insufficient population to support an 8v8 match. So you will most often see these in lower level brackets or when the queues have low population in general. An arena match should be relatively rare.

Back to map variety, you would be right to note if each map is equally weighted, you are three times as likely to get a Capture Point or Huttball match type than any other, since there are three times as many maps in those modes.

What we’re doing about it: In the short term, in the upcoming patch 6.1.2d, we will adjust the map rotation to favor match variety over map variety. What this means is that you will have an equal chance to have a Capture Point, Huttball, Ancient Hypergates, or Voidstar match type pop.

The exception is OPG, which we hear from y’all is the least popular match type currently. We aren’t removing it completely from the rotation for now, but the likelihood that match type will pop will be very small. Longer term we will take a hard look and address the issues with OPG that makes it less popular.

Longer term, we agree that a welcomed and healthy addition to the game would be the ability to choose which match types and/or maps you want or do not want to play. As with any new feature, this requires investigation and an assessment of the scope of work before we can commit to a timeframe, however that work has already begun. We are committed to this feature and will update y’all with more information, especially on timing, when we have it.

Miscellaneous

A couple of other topics that were asked about:

The currency for the remaining Replica Rewards will not be Season specific tokens, but the non-seasonal Ranked PvP Reward Tokens. We will also convert this currency into a Legacy currency in a future update, so feel free to earn tokens on whichever character you like until then.

We intend to bring back Replica versions of the remaining mounts as well. Stay tuned for the rollout plan there.

Thanks again for engaging in discussion around these topics. I look forward to updating everyone on our progress in the future!

-Chris

Stop ignoring the fact that your changes won't be enough to save team ranked. Return back to season 10 model in order to prevent team ranked trasformation into wintrading/bot nest. And OPG wasn't that bad, only few players disliked it...now you simply preventing those who actually likes OPG to play it. It is much easier to give every player a choice to cross out 1-2 warzones they dislike so they never get a pop into it.

About deserter in unranked- i never saw anyone crying about leavers in regs. I saw many criers in ranked since every single player in 4v4 matters but in regs - never. Besides even if someone leaves in regs, almost instantly someone else joined that team instead of a guy who left regardless how much time have passed since match have started (unlike in ranked where if any player left after the match started, his team won't get anyone instead). Bringing deserter into ranked - good. But in regs - NO.

P.S. return back OPG, ffs
Support the most evil, mad and cruel sith named Stain by clicking this small link http://www.swtor.com/r/wSmNkK You will get additional 7 days of subscription while i get some goodies
May the kek be with you. Save ranked and class balance pls

ProbablyNotGabe
07.16.2020 , 02:47 PM | #160
these are really good changes