Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

AP Energy Burst not consuming Energy Lodes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
AP Energy Burst not consuming Energy Lodes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Edryk
07.01.2020 , 09:43 AM | #1
Please tell me if I'm missing something here. Energy Burst should consume Energy Lodes on use. I either have a visual bug or there's something not right here. See the below video. I use only Energy Burst with no other abilities. It shouldn't even be usable without getting a new stack of Energy Lode.

https://youtu.be/ZwNQpl7txzs

I abandoned/retrained my discipline and tried the training dummy, and it seemed to work correctly. After relogging, it's back to the same odd behavior.
Spoiler

CommunityTeam
07.01.2020 , 10:19 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi Edryk,

Thanks for reporting this bug with the Energy Burst not consuming Energy Load.

Our team is currently tracking it. For now, we don't have additional information to provide you. We'll inform you when we know more.
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Edryk
07.01.2020 , 10:44 AM | #3
Thanks. Here's more information after testing some things.

It seems to be reproducible by changing zones or logging out with stacks of Energy Lode. Buff bar shows one stack of Energy Lode when you re-enter the game. Stacks can visually increase but damage is as if there is only 1 and it is not consumed. Can be fixed by dying to clear all buffs. Makes sense, since I wasn't seeing this in PVP. Logging out does not fix.
Spoiler

Opiklo
07.01.2020 , 11:28 AM | #4
at least it is not game breaking as you only have 1 stack... it shows 4 but the cell burst only does dmg like with 1 stack....
so its not a dps increase but in fact a dps loss...
i strongly suggest clicking the stacks away when entering a phase if you want to deal dmg
RiP Forum

ultimarb
07.01.2020 , 12:53 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Opiklo View Post
i strongly suggest clicking the stacks away when entering a phase if you want to deal dmg
yes that's a workaround. but seriously....this should not be broken after a patch for lockouts etc
Seven Stuck - Hakuna Rakata
Final Tauntaun

Check our Sale-Raid Offers on Tulak Hord - German - English

JalsheyII
07.07.2020 , 08:04 AM | #6
I'm experiencing the same issue

Spoloma
07.07.2020 , 03:46 PM | #7
Indeed, there is such an issue. Was kinda weird, I first discovered this bug in pvp -- was really happy with this bug at first, but later saw that it does minor damage and basically equals a single stack of CB at 20 energy cost. The workaround is just canceling the stacks in the new phase.

MackPol
07.12.2020 , 05:40 AM | #8
Hello, please address this when possible. This seems like a bug and it's yet another game changing bug for Vanguard, with Storm bugging out occasionally since the dawn of time.
The bug has great effect on pvp and pve in VM or MM where if it happens it's a massive dps loss and might as well ./stuck.

thank you.

abhaxus
07.13.2020 , 12:19 AM | #9
i think i have narrowed this down to occuring when you zone into an instance with >0 energy lodes. if you clear the buff for the energy lodes, you start consuming them normally.
Abhaxus - Sorc | Bitter Pill/Lysol Injection - op | Buubi'sett - PT | Nnnoooooooooo - Jugg | Mayor Bootyjudge - sniper | Juggsridemelikeapony - Merc | Goodagainstbads - sin |

DaZeeZee
07.31.2020 , 06:59 AM | #10
New problem, energy lodes only build like 20% of the time on rail shot.