AP Energy Burst not consuming Energy Lodes

Edryk

Please tell me if I'm missing something here. Energy Burst should consume Energy Lodes on use. I either have a visual bug or there's something not right here. See the below video. I use only Energy Burst with no other abilities. It shouldn't even be usable without getting a new stack of Energy Lode.

https://youtu.be/ZwNQpl7txzs

I abandoned/retrained my discipline and tried the training dummy, and it seemed to work correctly. After relogging, it's back to the same odd behavior.

Edited by Edryk

Thanks. Here's more information after testing some things.

It seems to be reproducible by changing zones or logging out with stacks of Energy Lode. Buff bar shows one stack of Energy Lode when you re-enter the game. Stacks can visually increase but damage is as if there is only 1 and it is not consumed. Can be fixed by dying to clear all buffs. Makes sense, since I wasn't seeing this in PVP. Logging out does not fix.

at least it is not game breaking as you only have 1 stack... it shows 4 but the cell burst only does dmg like with 1 stack....

so its not a dps increase but in fact a dps loss...

i strongly suggest clicking the stacks away when entering a phase if you want to deal dmg

Indeed, there is such an issue. Was kinda weird, I first discovered this bug in pvp -- was really happy with this bug at first, but later saw that it does minor damage and basically equals a single stack of CB at 20 energy cost. The workaround is just canceling the stacks in the new phase. Edited by Spoloma

Hello, please address this when possible. This seems like a bug and it's yet another game changing bug for Vanguard, with Storm bugging out occasionally since the dawn of time.

The bug has great effect on pvp and pve in VM or MM where if it happens it's a massive dps loss and might as well ./stuck.

thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry if necro, but...

I went searching for this topic and found this thread. I just had a game where the entirety of Hammer Station Vet FP was 4 stacks of Energy Load and Energy Burst was available with glowing effects the entire FP. In other words, I could spam it and it seemed to be doing full damage.

• 4 weeks later...
Sorry if necro, but...

I went searching for this topic and found this thread. I just had a game where the entirety of Hammer Station Vet FP was 4 stacks of Energy Load and Energy Burst was available with glowing effects the entire FP. In other words, I could spam it and it seemed to be doing full damage.

Same happened to me last night

If you have full 4 stacks, and hit Power Yield (which gives you full stacks with the tactical) it bugs out like this. Just click off the stacks, and rebuild them as normal, no need to swich zones or anything like that.

thats not true, power yield has nothing to do with it

Sorry if necro, but...

it doesnt deal the normal dmg. it deals 1 stack dmg... easy workaround clickk off any stacks you have when you enter an instance.

nothing game breaking here

• 2 months later...
thats not true, power yield has nothing to do with it

It's not power yield. It's the Powerlode tactical.

"Increases Energy Burst critical chance by 100%. Power Yield instantly builds 4 Energy Lodes and getting critically hit while under Power Yield builds an Energy Lode. "

If you already 4 stacks of Energy Lode, you enter combat, and hit Power Yield w/o expending those Energy Lodes (which triggers the tactical to give you 4 stacks of Energy Lode, which you already have), and then try to Energy Burst, it'll bug out.

I've tested it multiple times.

If you already 4 stacks of Energy Lode, you enter combat, and hit Power Yield w/o expending those Energy Lodes (which triggers the tactical to give you 4 stacks of Energy Lode, which you already have), and then try to Energy Burst, it'll bug out.

I've tested it multiple times.

nope i wasnt able to reproduce that... its simple if you have any stack when entering an instance it will not consume the stack but will only deal 1 stack dmg it has nothing to do with power yield / powerlode

picture 1 entering combat with 4 stacks hitting power yield instantly -> stack consumed everything normal

picture 2 entering the instance with 1 stack. stacking to 4 stacks not hitting power yield -> no stack consumption 1 stack damage

https://imgur.com/a/R90mbAo

here picture 3 not using powerlode -> same result like in picture 2 but without auto crit

https://imgur.com/a/hGMX26Z

Edited by Opiklo

nope i wasnt able to reproduce that... its simple if you have any stack when entering an instance it will not consume the stack but will only deal 1 stack dmg it has nothing to do with power yield / powerlode

picture 1 entering combat with 4 stacks hitting power yield instantly -> stack consumed everything normal

picture 2 entering the instance with 1 stack. stacking to 4 stacks not hitting power yield -> no stack consumption 1 stack damage

https://imgur.com/a/R90mbAo

here picture 3 not using powerlode -> same result like in picture 2 but without auto crit

https://imgur.com/a/hGMX26Z

Ahhhh that makes sense. I did dxun the other day and on Red I built my stacks, chucked a 'nade, jumped in, blade, misskeyed energy burst so it didn't fire, uppercut, power yield, bugged energy burst. Happens on this fight constantly. So maybe multiple coding issues? Yours makes the most sense though.

• 5 weeks later...

IT HAS BEEN OVER A YEAR, HOW HAS THIS NOT BEEN RESOLVED? WHO DROPPED THE BALL AND FORGOT ABOUT THIS?

ALL-CAPS BECAUSE THIS IS HOW MUCH OF A JOKE THIS IS, A YEAR TO FIX SUCH A MINOR DISPLAY BUG THAT IS APART OF THE KEY POWERTECH DPS ROTATION.

Someone should be fired or put on probation over this hot mess. 1+ year and this has not been resolved or fixed.

Especially considering how Powerlode has become the go-to to powertechs in general which heavily showcases the aforementioned bug.

Fix this bug and fire the staff member who forgot to pass this, you'll have solved a problem and saved money by removing an inept employee.

P.S: If I haven't mentioned this yet, it has been over a YEAR with zero improvements or fixes on this bug.

Edited by Ravna

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...