Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Maintenance: June 30, 2020

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sarova's Avatar


Sarova
06.30.2020 , 11:36 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Syal View Post
all ours characters have been deleted ...
Quote: Originally Posted by MrParrcheezy View Post
That's not even remotely funny!!!
But it would not be a surprise...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
It was a major issue that required immediate shutdown as people were spamming reputation items to max rep.
The only reason they ever do an emergency server shut down & immediately fix something is the for a very beneficial exploit which they can't undo for those who already benefited. The only thing they can do is shut it down before the rest of us know about it. It's probably something far more beneficial then rep - a lot of us are already max rep with everyone.
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - || Quinn Treats™
Option to Switch off Vendor Icons In Strongholds
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

rheber's Avatar


rheber
06.30.2020 , 11:39 AM | #112
My game is still crashing after login. the patch didnt fix anything!

Lowqfah's Avatar


Lowqfah
06.30.2020 , 11:42 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthThadian View Post
Sorry to crush your hopes, but its literally not possible that the game is responsible.
Most likely a defective component.
Everything is possible. At my work they pushed a software patch that bricked all the computers.

Otowi's Avatar


Otowi
06.30.2020 , 11:45 AM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Lowqfah View Post
Everything is possible. At my work they pushed a software patch that bricked all the computers.
Ouch. That must have made management real happy I bet...

Sartonous's Avatar


Sartonous
06.30.2020 , 12:03 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

First off, apologies for the up and down this morning. The last thing we want to do is bring the game out of maintenance to have to bring it back down again. As some of you alluded to, what we discovered is that a variety of consumable items were not actually being removed upon use. This included both Reputation items and Renown consumables. Being how a player could effectively infinitely redeem these items (or to the weekly cap for Reputation) we needed to bring the game down to address this.

These items once again are working as intended. Also, a big thank you to all of you as we were quickly flooded with reports of the consumables acting in an unintended way. This allowed us to isolate and address the issue quickly.

Thanks!

-eric
As quickly as this was taken care of, it makes me think you guys aren't even working on other bug fixes at all...

DarkTergon's Avatar


DarkTergon
06.30.2020 , 12:25 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

First off, apologies for the up and down this morning. The last thing we want to do is bring the game out of maintenance to have to bring it back down again. As some of you alluded to, what we discovered is that a variety of consumable items were not actually being removed upon use. This included both Reputation items and Renown consumables. Being how a player could effectively infinitely redeem these items (or to the weekly cap for Reputation) we needed to bring the game down to address this.

These items once again are working as intended. Also, a big thank you to all of you as we were quickly flooded with reports of the consumables acting in an unintended way. This allowed us to isolate and address the issue quickly.

Thanks!

-eric
And what happened to the people who abused it, did they walk away , laughing up their sleeves at the rest of us?
You know you can't fix an idiot, turns out you can't quarantine them either!!!
Feel free to click the link and get all the usual goodies
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

EricMusco's Avatar


EricMusco
06.30.2020 , 12:31 PM | #117 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
And what happened to the people who abused it, did they walk away , laughing up their sleeves at the rest of us?
I don't want to speak too specifically about account action at this time until we get a better scope of who exploited and to what degree. As with any exploit, the team will conduct an investigation and take appropriate action against individuals that abused it. I can circle back with more details though once that is concluded (I wouldn't expect it this week).

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

casirabit's Avatar


casirabit
06.30.2020 , 12:48 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
I don't want to speak too specifically about account action at this time until we get a better scope of who exploited and to what degree. As with any exploit, the team will conduct an investigation and take appropriate action against individuals that abused it. I can circle back with more details though once that is concluded (I wouldn't expect it this week).

-eric
So I am guessing the female bug hasn't been fixed. Great no playing for me for awhile.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

DarkTergon's Avatar


DarkTergon
06.30.2020 , 12:58 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
I don't want to speak too specifically about account action at this time until we get a better scope of who exploited and to what degree. As with any exploit, the team will conduct an investigation and take appropriate action against individuals that abused it. I can circle back with more details though once that is concluded (I wouldn't expect it this week).

-eric
Hate to throw another question at you, but was it intentional to have no small yield planet this week, or was it a bug?

NVM, saw the answer in the other thread, ty.
You know you can't fix an idiot, turns out you can't quarantine them either!!!
Feel free to click the link and get all the usual goodies
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

lukeisjedi's Avatar


lukeisjedi
06.30.2020 , 01:00 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
So I am guessing the female bug hasn't been fixed. Great no playing for me for awhile.
That was discovered after this patch was set to deply. They are working on it.