Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: June 30, 2020

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CommunityTeam
06.30.2020 , 11:03 AM | #101 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi,

All the servers are once again available!

Thanks again for your patience.
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

SteveTheCynic
06.30.2020 , 11:05 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by thisismessedup View Post
We better get some sort of compensation for this.
Nonsense. The SLA for *any* MMORPG is best summarised as, "We'll kinda give it a go, but if we can't, meh."

That said, some do better than others, ranging from GW2 where they can and do deploy patches without taking the servers down(1) all the way down to religiously-scheduled weekly downtime and the like.

(1) If you're in-game, you get a notification that there's a new build, and a two-hour timer. If you log off during that time, the game bounces out to the launcher and pulls down the patch, then lets you back in. If you don't, you're forcibly logged off at the end of the two hours, and the game bounces out to the launcher blah blah blah.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
I never had a Fine Mithril Sword of a very powerful glorious invincible hero scout with ruby inlays and platinum engraving in June language

Bxvx
06.30.2020 , 11:08 AM | #103
I got in too!

Darostd
06.30.2020 , 11:08 AM | #104
I still can't log into game keeps kicking me out after I hit the play button. Are they all back online? It isn't working.

Darostd
06.30.2020 , 11:22 AM | #105
its still not working

rheber
06.30.2020 , 11:22 AM | #106
its still crashing after login screen

EricMusco
06.30.2020 , 11:30 AM | #107 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

First off, apologies for the up and down this morning. The last thing we want to do is bring the game out of maintenance to have to bring it back down again. As some of you alluded to, what we discovered is that a variety of consumable items were not actually being removed upon use. This included both Reputation items and Renown consumables. Being how a player could effectively infinitely redeem these items (or to the weekly cap for Reputation) we needed to bring the game down to address this.

These items once again are working as intended. Also, a big thank you to all of you as we were quickly flooded with reports of the consumables acting in an unintended way. This allowed us to isolate and address the issue quickly.

Thanks!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Jerba
06.30.2020 , 11:31 AM | #108
Thanks for the update! Infinite Renown consumables are certainly worrying, glad that you fixed it.
Scoundrel healer. Raid leader. Guild officer @ Tulak Hord

Darostd
06.30.2020 , 11:32 AM | #109
its still kicking me out after I hit play

Nightblazer
06.30.2020 , 11:33 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
Any update on this?
See post above yours.
“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Get 7 days free game time plus several unlocks by clicking here