End of Ranked Season 12

DanielSteed

Honestly, the part I have a problem with is that we were promised rehashed rewards with at least the implication that they would be sequential in old seasons in return for shorter seasons, and we haven't even gotten the shorter seasons. It's basically setting wrong expectations by ambiguity, which a good part of us just interpret as lying. Such breaches of trust erodes participation in this game.

At least some of the more notorious wintraders got purged, so we got delivery on that front.

It is lying because if they knew they were not going to rerelease season 3 rewards back when they had first decided the cycle of releasing old rewards then they should have notified the community ahead of time. That’s why they owe the community an explanation and also a time frame of when they decided that season 3 rewards were not goi to released ever again

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hold the number 1 spot in solo ranked for sniper this season. Had replica furious gear been the reward, I would've had to decide between wearing my real furious gear and replica gear - what a dilemma. Any other misinformed questions?

I'm following this thread because I'm very interested to see Bioware's follow-up response. If their reasoning is they didn't want to dilute the value of furious gear by keeping it exclusive to vets, I am beyond impressed by the decision, although it 100% should've been communicated upfront. It takes spine for any MMO company to prioritize a smaller % of vets over newer players because it's almost always the reverse. If they simply forgot or plan to release it next season, or the weapons through the cartel market... well, not impressed.

And either way, they should've been clear at the start of the season what replica rewards players can expect to avoid the warranted frustration. 1 2 3 is implied, not 1 2 4. This is the part I originally commented on.

Do you really think they are doing this for you "vets"? If you actually thought about it they just want to squeeze as much money from ranked players as possible like they knew furious would be a high demand reward so they knew ppl would still sub to play solo ranked till season 12 and now with season 12 over they skipped it and said they will announce rewards from the start, if any of you bothered to use your brains then you would realise that they are just going to announce furious rewards at the start of season 13 to get people to queue for an additional season, and this way they have managed to keep solo ranked players subscribed for an additional season than if they released furious this season, like honestly how could you be so deluded to think they are respecting veteran ranked players when they have ignored almost every suggestion from ranked players over the many years.

Edited by avenger_online

Friendly advice: please extend season 12 to 6.2 to give adequate time for group ranked players to achieve the win requirement.

Hey buddy, dont you think the team ranked is little bit dead ? There is a reason why I got only 50 wins + on sorcs/sages.

The team ranked on DM is nearly 100% dead, and time pops are way too long. It was supposed to be fix BUT when I queued once again with my 1670+ sorc I waited 30 minutes for a single pop so I gave up. When you have a big elo diff you are waiting too long so others teams just stop or no one is queueing. We tried to go on 50w and tried to bring TR back but apparently devs dont care about it, so they'll rename it and to top 48 and delete Group Ranked from the game.

When I see the gold is 1k6+ but we are only 10 ppl to got this elo... :confused:

Anyway everything is fine dw ;)

Do you really think they are doing this for you "vets"? If you actually thought about it they just want to squeeze as much money from ranked players as possible like they knew furious would be a high demand reward so they knew ppl would still sub to play solo ranked till season 12 and now with season 12 over they skipped it and said they will announce rewards from the start, if any of you bothered to use your brains then you would realise that they are just going to announce furious rewards at the start of season 13 to get people to queue for an additional season, and this way they have managed to keep solo ranked players subscribed for an additional season than if they released furious this season, like honestly how could you be so deluded to think they are respecting veteran ranked players when they have ignored almost every suggestion from ranked players over the many years.

What makes you think they are going to release season 3 rewards next season, your statement sounds a bit naive imo. If they were going to release them then they would do so in chronological order

What makes you think they are going to release season 3 rewards next season, your statement sounds a bit naive imo. If they were going to release them then they would do so in chronological order

The dev team aren't stupid, they know that by doing what they are doing many people will unsubscribe so by now saying they are announcing rewards from the start they can just say they are going to release season 3 rewards for season 13 as a way of keeping the pvp players subscribed, its smart, but also an unorthodox method of trying to keep players in the game and also maintain as little communication as possible with the ranked players in this game.

Edited by avenger_online

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

I wanted to follow-up with some questions about which characters will qualify for what rewards.

• If a player is in the top three rating for their Advanced Class, but does not meet the 200 win requirement, they will only receive the Bronze/Silver/Gold rewards that their rating qualifies for.
  • If a player has 200+ wins, and is in the top 3 rating for their Advanced Class but their rating falls below the threshold for Gold Rating, they will still receive the Platinum Tier rewards. This is consistent with how we have rewarded top 3 in previous seasons.

Hopefully that helps to clarify things.

Hey everyone,

I wanted to follow-up with some questions about which characters will qualify for what rewards.

• If a player is in the top three rating for their Advanced Class, but does not meet the 200 win requirement, they will only receive the Bronze/Silver/Gold rewards that their rating qualifies for.
  • If a player has 200+ wins, and is in the top 3 rating for their Advanced Class but their rating falls below the threshold for Gold Rating, they will still receive the Platinum Tier rewards. This is consistent with how we have rewarded top 3 in previous seasons.

Pleease clarify:

Why are you skipping Season 3 replica rewards?

Edited by septru

Pleease clarify:

Why are you skipping Season 3 replica rewards?

Is it hard to give a reason? Can you not answer this very simple question BW?

The only reason 99% of these guys suffered through this terrible ranked season (worst ranked has ever been I been told!) was for the season 3 rewards and here you guys stiffed them.

Least you fellows could do is give a reason why season 3 rewards will not be available. :(

Edited by Lhancelot

Hey everyone,

Great, now what happens if no one is top 3? Does it go to next highest wins?

The dev team aren't stupid, they know that by doing what they are doing many people will unsubscribe so by now saying they are announcing rewards from the start they can just say they are going to release season 3 rewards for season 13 as a way of keeping the pvp players subscribed, its smart, but also an unorthodox method of trying to keep players in the game and also maintain as little communication as possible with the ranked players in this game.

They aren’t dumb at all, if they announced they were not going to rerelease furious from the start then no one would have accepted the replicas as rewards. Announcing that a month before expected release is silly because will cost them in the long run, it’s 2020 there are other games and more competition to keep player bases. I don’t know what there doing but it isn’t working and they neglected the majority of the community that supports their game. Why not Make ranked a free game mode at this point then?

This whole thing with season 3 rewards has been an outrage and I've just cancelled my sub, if bioware want to treat their players like this with 0 communication then a ninja move with rewards at the end then so be it.

Yea I’m no longer supporting a company that treats their consumers like that, it’s like ordering from a Resturant, ordering a steak, waiting for the steak and when the food finally gets there, you get eggs and toast. Then you ask what happened to the steak I paid 40 dollars for and they just ignore you or answer a question completely irrelevant to the main problem. poorly managed and they treat their consumers terribly.

They are skipping them so they can make money off of the tunings that grant similar effects. After all its all about the cartel market these days. Screw people who actually play.

They can sell that and still give out the rewards, at this point it’s about principle more than anything, the way they operate as a company is childlike

Yea I’m no longer supporting a company that treats their consumers like that, it’s like ordering from a Resturant, ordering a steak, waiting for the steak and when the food finally gets there, you get eggs and toast. Then you ask what happened to the steak I paid 40 dollars for and they just ignore you or answer a question completely irrelevant to the main problem. poorly managed and they treat their consumers terribly.

To be fair, this isn’t a good analogy. It would be if BioWare promised Season 3 rewards with Season 12. I understand why people are angry about it, their anger isn’t unjustified, but they lead themselves on.

To be fair, this isn’t a good analogy. It would be if BioWare promised Season 3 rewards with Season 12. I understand why people are angry about it, their anger isn’t unjustified, but they lead themselves on.

releasing the replica versions of season 1 and 2 rewards is technically assuring the community that season 3 rewards would be coming next.

Edited by Delani

Why not Make ranked a free game mode at this point then?

Perfect way to finish a absolute **** season.

All I wanted to know is if Ranked Tokens are being made legacy bound, . .

The dev team aren't stupid, they know that by doing what they are doing many people will unsubscribe.

Hey buddy, dont you think the team ranked is little bit dead ? There is a reason why I got only 50 wins + on sorcs/sages.

The team ranked [on DM] is nearly 100% dead, and time pops are way too long.

As a casual Ranked player (barely average just a enough wz's per week to get only the 'Weekly' done usually) , i have an earnest question that i'm probably gonna get flamed for but i'm gonna ask it anyway:

At this point in SWTOR's 9 year existence, what would be a legit SOLUTION for reinventing & revitalizing 'Ranked' alltogether?

--combine ranked & regs into into all warzone giant queue? (but keep the requirements needed to get Ranked rewards/rankings)

--incorporate open-world PVP zones (Ilum, Outlaw's Den, & all kills within planet pvp 'instances' ) to also count as ranked points but to a much lesser degree than wz's?

--allow duels to count as ranked points, but with diminishing returns per duel per player? (as in, only 3 duels vs. the same player per day would count toward the overall ranking)

--convert the 'Bounty Hunter Event' to allow for PLAYER bounties (opt-in, out of phases,etc. ) with diminishing returns and/or gated to only allow the same player (or account) to be hunted/killed once per Event week?

--all of the above?

--none of the above?

--enter your solution here________________________ ?

*It just seems like Ranked, as it is now, is just such a fringe system only actually played by the tiniest percentage of overall subscribers....yet always seems to cause nothing but turmoil & trepidation (on forums and in-game) .

Therefore, something needs to change, no? :cool:

Edited by Nee-Elder
typos mostly, and italics

Wow... You are quite the brick head , aren't you ?

It's very hard for you to grasp the fact that not everyone will play the game for the same reasons you do ? Not everyone will find fun in ranked what YOU find fun. Imagine how hard it is for you to understand that not everyone is like you..

Yes, exaclty. The only reason I bothered to press the que button this season was to be able to get those furios items, because I wasn't around when it was live in the game. I can settle for season 4 also, tho. Are you shocked now ? Queing to get a pixelated weapon and a pixelated silver flair is actually fun for me, the same way as cheating the *** out of this game to get your undeserved top 3 was fun for you.

This is not about everyone wanting what I want because I wasnt that specific. I mean "fun" is a general thing. Its as if I would say "everyone should drink water" and you would say "not everyone wants to drink what you tell them to" but in fact I said a basic general need, which is water!

Fun is universal, if there are really people who sit at home and they pay the sub each month with the only idea to play ranked and get that shiny armor........well..... thats just sad.

This whole thing with season 3 rewards has been an outrage and I've just cancelled my sub, if bioware want to treat their players like this with 0 communication then a ninja move with rewards at the end then so be it.

Can I have your stuff too? :D

Not to point out the obvious, but we can thank the wonderful attentiveness of their community management team for another episode of "bury the head in the sand and pretend to not see anything written on the forums."

Basically the forums are an echo chamber for us to discuss ideas and thoughts on how to make the game better with other players, because that's all that gets accomplished here.

Hey everyone,

Eventhough I agree with the system as it is now, this is the only one thing that I think needs changing. If you award the top3 to anyone who reaches just the 200+ wins in play-to-win but only in case when players just dont play that class and you get 1 or 2 players who actually reach the 200+ wins. They can then have a rating of 900 yet still get top3. This is difficult to look at by a player who, in the past, had to get the highest rating possible to get the top3.

Is it hard to give a reason? Can you not answer this very simple question BW?

The only reason 99% of these guys suffered through this terrible ranked season (worst ranked has ever been I been told!) was for the season 3 rewards and here you guys stiffed them.

Least you fellows could do is give a reason why season 3 rewards will not be available. :(

If I was to hazard a guess. I would say it’s because they plan on releasing a Cartel Market version soon that will require cash to buy.