Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to Validate or Change my Email Address

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Unable to Validate or Change my Email Address
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OwenBrooks
05.24.2020 , 05:46 AM | #11
This has been posted to AHQ and discussed further

SurfMonkey
05.24.2020 , 06:04 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
This has been posted to AHQ and discussed further
Yes, currently being discussed here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-...ss/m-p/9134609

SurfMonkey
05.27.2020 , 03:02 AM | #13
Day Nine

As support have insisted multiple times that the issue is local to me, that there are zero issues their end, I thought I would test that theory. I've created a new free account, logged in, validated my email without issue, played the game, and successfully changed the email address associated with my account without issue.

I think it's time that support start to take my issue seriously. The issue is with my account on their system and not local to me.

Sarova
05.27.2020 , 06:15 AM | #14
I may have missed where you said, however have you changed your EA account address? I had problems with my account & sub recently and this was one of the suggestions in the workaround. I HAD NOT to my knowledge ever created an EA account, however it seems many years ago one was created for me (and the workaround mentioned that some time ago EA accounts were auto created). I used the "forgot password" option to update that account but I was still prevented from doing anything on my SWTOR account via Chrome (even though I cleared my Chrome cache) however I tried Firefox which I never use for any SWTOR stuff OR have an account with so nothing is stored in the cache. That allowed me to sort out my account.

Suggestion 1: You said you've tried several browsers so you will need to fully clear the cache of all of them before you try again OR find yet another browser that you've never used for SWTOR stuff or is not linked to you by your browser's account.
Suggestion 2: Have you tried "forgot email address" for the account you're trying to change? That might allow you to get round the issue.
Suggestion 3: Did you post any screenshots of your issue on AHQ (leaving out identifiable info)? That might help people come up with a solution for you.

I had no response to my "help me" post so I'm really glad I managed to solve my issue alone. I can't see you getting help any time soon unfortunately, unless it's from other players so I can understand your frustration.
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - || Quinn Treats™
Option to Switch off Vendor Icons In Strongholds
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

SurfMonkey
05.27.2020 , 07:40 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarova View Post
I may have missed where you said, however have you changed your EA account address?
Below is a quote from info I received on AHQ. But yes, I have already tried this.
Quote:
EA account changes no longer auto change on swtor accounts they are no longer linked for emails etc
Suggestion 1: I have tried multiple browsers on multiple devices.
Suggestion 2: There is not an option for "forgot email address" to my knowledge.
Suggestion 3: I've attached multiple screenshots to my support tickets. Of the four tickets I've sent, three were closed by support, all within 24 hours of me opening them. The last one hasn't had any responses yet.

Call me cynical, but to me this shows that although support my be busy, they are NOT overwhelmed. They read, responded, and closed my tickets within 24 hours. They are prioritising easy support tickets, or support tickets relating to people not being able to pay money. As I've said, this isn't a problem which can be fixed by me or other community members. There is a system issue with my account and I'm just being stonewalled by support.

SurfMonkey
05.29.2020 , 10:31 AM | #16
I am so angry at the pitiful excuse for “support” I have (not) received from SWTOR support.
Five support tickets have all been closed without a single response or care for my issue.

My last ticket has just been closed with the note “Resolved via Email”. This is a flat out lie from the support representative. They have not made any attempt at contacting me regarding this issue. What the actual f* are they playing at?!

CommunityTeam
05.30.2020 , 03:10 AM | #17 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi SurfMonkey,

Can you check your forum inbox. I've sent you a PM concerning your issue.

Thanks.
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

SurfMonkey
05.30.2020 , 03:59 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityTeam View Post
Hi SurfMonkey,

Can you check your forum inbox. I've sent you a PM concerning your issue.

Thanks.
Thank you, I've replied.

DarkTergon
05.30.2020 , 06:05 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by SurfMonkey View Post
Thank you, I've replied.
Let us know if it gets sorted out, we don't like cliffhanger shows here
You know you can't fix an idiot, turns out you can't quarantine them either!!!
Feel free to click the link and get all the usual goodies
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

SurfMonkey
05.30.2020 , 06:34 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
Let us know if it gets sorted out, we don't like cliffhanger shows here
Haha, sure, I'll keep you all up to date.