Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't purchase cartel coins

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Septimia
05.09.2020 , 07:11 AM | #1
Good morning, all:

I know this is probably a weird problem, but the game won't let me purchase cartel coins with either my paypal or my debit card. I keep getting the prompt saying that it won't take my card, and to please load another one. With paypal, it takes me all the way through to the receipt page, but the receipt is blank and nothing is charged.

What can I do to rectify the situation?

Phazonfreak
05.09.2020 , 07:27 AM | #2
Hopefully this will help:

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey Kodrac,

There was an EA wide maintenance which is currently causing a number of SWTOR accounts to be unable to purchase CC or sub time. If you are in this state you will need to reset your EA account password as highlighted here on AHQ. We are looking into a broader solution to correct anyone in this state but that is a workaround in the meantime. I will provide further updates as I have them. Thanks.

-eric

Septimia
05.09.2020 , 08:16 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Phazonfreak View Post
Hopefully this will help:
I reset my password, and it still didn't work. It seems to be a strange issue for a company that ostensibly wants to make money to keep denying my purchases lol.

xordevoreaux
05.09.2020 , 08:19 AM | #4
I don't know about entering your card information and having it fail, that's a question to point toward billing, not the forums, but I'd avoid attempting to enter paypal and Boku for payment options for general reasons:

https://i.imgur.com/4WpRmRr.png
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

Septimia
05.09.2020 , 08:37 AM | #5
I can't even add EA cash because it wants me to buy a physical card as opposed to adding a balance through paypal. Like.... how much more difficult do they have to make it?

Jeirose
05.29.2020 , 10:32 AM | #6
I am not able to purchase cartel coins. I've changed my EA password, my SWTOR password, tried different browsers and tried using my phone to purchase but I still am getting a message about due to high traffic / website maintenance the transaction can't be completed.

Is this going to be fixed?

CommunityTeam
05.29.2020 , 10:45 AM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Jeirose,

There is currently an issue with code redemption, Cartel coins, and subscription purchases.

Our team is actively working on a resolution. I'll update you when I have more information.

Thank you for your patience.
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Qouivandes
05.29.2020 , 10:47 AM | #8
Hope its done soon. i have until the 7th of June before my sub runs out. i will, of course, at least try and see this weekend, but will need to take a break if its not done soon since i wouldnt be able to resub.

edit: just checked. i have two days left.
*.**.* The Cer'qeuil Legacy *.**.*
*.*.* Ebon Hawk *. *.*
. This is my referral link. We both get some goodies so feel free to click and earn

Ylliarus
05.29.2020 , 11:35 AM | #9
I wanted to buy some CC as well but was unable to, sadly. I hope the issue can be solved swiftly!
The One, True Lord Ryssius
Playing SWTOR since November 2012
Darth Malgus [EU]

CommunityTeam
05.29.2020 , 12:18 PM | #10 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi again,

The code redemption, Cartel coins, and subscription purchases issue is now fixed.

Before purchasing anything, we invite you to clear your browser cache.

If you had the issue before today and it's still not fixed, please follow the troubleshooting steps of this article: SW:TOR - Credentials are incorrect error.

Once again, thank you for your patience.
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]