7.0 expansion? - 2020?

Trlance

I hate the direction they went with the story writing in KOT**. I realize part of the story design was due to them having to make a one story fits all due to lack of resources being used on the game.

That being said I found the one size fits all story very unfulfilling and cheesy. I didn’t enjoy becoming The Grand Master of Star Wars or whatever the titles are they bestowed upon us. I never found it comfortable or very realistic with how I played my characters, none of them would have wanted to be this epic figure heading an entire empire.

These KOT** chapters are like Michael Jordan’s Washington Wizards years... it’s best to just pretend it never happened.

Sorry … I liked it.

I know it's not great for RP folks … but if you look at the details of the story.... parts of the seed plot were established way back on Tatooine when we meet Scourge.

That said there were some things about the mechanics I didn't care for:

** reducing the various class stories down to essentially two … THAT was just simply not good.

** taking away ALL of the companions at once without notice. I never will forget playing through chapter 1 for the first time. I hit the forums ASAP to see what the heck was going on. Although truthfully for the Republic side since so many of their companions were about exciting as watching grass grow it turned out good. I ditched several of them and replaced them (as far as active companions) with HK-55 / Vette (I chose to save her life) / Gault / and (get this) the ONLY companion that I have maxed out to level 50: Kira … NOT on any of my JK alts … but on one of my smuggler alts on the Republic side !! :eek:. (Frankly Risha can take a hike) :D

** Some of the changes in the armoring system left a lot to be desired

Overall though I did like better than Iokath or JUS … sorry .. Just how it is.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are supposed to be 1 of 4 Republic Heroes or 1 of 4 Imperial Champions not the sole savior of the galaxy.

Sadly we will probably never know what the original plan for chapter 4 for each class was.

KOTFE makes no sense, Vitiate who wants to destroy the galaxy because it will give him godlike power is at the same time secretly possessing a man in Wild Space and using him to create another Empire. and gets married and fathers three children. And this results in him deciding not to blow up the galaxy after all. Total nonsense.

Edited by RameiArashi

Sorry … I liked it.

I know it's not great for RP folks … but if you look at the details of the story.... parts of the seed plot were established way back on Tatooine when we meet Scourge.

That said there were some things about the mechanics I didn't care for:

** reducing the various class stories down to essentially two … THAT was just simply not good.

** taking away ALL of the companions at once without notice. I never will forget playing through chapter 1 for the first time. I hit the forums ASAP to see what the heck was going on. Although truthfully for the Republic side since so many of their companions were about exciting as watching grass grow it turned out good. I ditched several of them and replaced them (as far as active companions) with HK-55 / Vette (I chose to save her life) / Gault / and (get this) the ONLY companion that I have maxed out to level 50: Kira … NOT on any of my JK alts … but on one of my smuggler alts on the Republic side !! :eek:. (Frankly Risha can take a hike) :D

** Some of the changes in the armoring system left a lot to be desired

Overall though I did like better than Iokath or JUS … sorry .. Just how it is.

I liked the Koet expansions as well and I am a roleplayer so some roleplayers like the expansion. I guess it depends on how you roleplay. We actually hardly used the game (except in bits and pieces) for our roleplay and I guess that is because we started our roleplay prior to the game and went another direction. The only thing we did do is check the lore for certain powers/ships/etc to be sure it was lore based.

I liked the Koet expansions as well and I am a roleplayer so some roleplayers like the expansion. I guess it depends on how you roleplay. We actually hardly used the game (except in bits and pieces) for our roleplay and I guess that is because we started our roleplay prior to the game and went another direction. The only thing we did do is check the lore for certain powers/ships/etc to be sure it was lore based.

It depends a lot on the type of RPer. For example, the RP community I'm a part of unanimously hates KotFE and KotET. Mainly because it blew up the story that was going on prior to Zakuul's arrival, with Ziost and the Republic vs Empire war. But also because of the setting KotFEET created. Our community didn't want to RP in a beaten down Republic or Empire, they didn't want to RP in a scattered Jedi Order. But that's the lore the expansions created. On top of that, KotFE and KotET created a lot of ambiguity, confusion and vagueness regarding the lore of the Republic and Empire. For example, we only learned a lot later that after Acina's rise there was a Dark Council, but that was years after the release of KotFE.

KotFEET was like a bomb on the RP community that nuked all clarity regarding the setting and lore, creating an immense amount of confusion, vagueness and lack of clarity regarding the lore of the setting. It's one of the major reasons why most in the RP community hate KotFEET. Plus, many simply hate the concept of Zakuul, simple.

We are supposed to be 1 of 4 Republic Heroes or 1 of 4 Imperial Champions not the sole savior of the galaxy.

Sadly we will probably never know what the original plan for chapter 4 for each class was.

KOTFE makes no sense, Vitiate who wants to destroy the galaxy because it will give him godlike power is at the same time secretly possessing a man in Wild Space and using him to create another Empire. and gets married and fathers three children. And this results in him deciding not to blow up the galaxy after all. Total nonsense.

Respectfully … no.

It makes better sense if you look at that what he really became. He was abscessed with himself … and his bid for immortality. If understand the story correctly … in his quest across the galaxies he ran across the " fleet of Zakuul " after he started his rule in the Sith Empire.

Everything on Zakuul was just a means to an end. If one of his two sons could take his place … then he would use them as a host body as any other he had in the past. IF not … then (as the story unfolded) he would use another that he ran across elsewhere. Hence … we had the "Outlander". Vititate really believe that he would conquer the psyche and consume the body of the outlander as he had dozens before hand … just another shell host to use.

Where most people hate the entire KotFE / ET series is that it broke tradition with Republic vs Empire and Jedi vs Sith. Unfortunately, many don't want to see beyond those boundaries and fail to see that the conflict of the two affect many other aspects of even the galaxy in which that conflict takes place.

One of the reasons I loved the Smuggler (Republic side) is that I could make him a descent person (if I wanted) and still have a little fun (naughty NOT evil). One the other hand many choose to be as bad as they want to. That's just a part of the game and how individuality of a player can make choices and still enjoy the game !!

I do agree that there was a drought of new content for entirely too long. That said I refuse to remain focused on the complaints of the past. SOME of those who hated KotFE / ET often still seem unforgiving and bitter. I feel sorry for them really.

BUT... things are looking up. We've seen some more new content. And that's a good thing.

The overall setting of Onderon is just one of several indicators of just how much the team can accomplish when they set their minds to it (as well as the recent positive changes on conquests).

As for 7.0 … yeah … I'm thinking that there's still a lot to look forward to !!

hmmm... reminds me. I should start thinking about posting a 7.0 wish list.

Not everything in life is set in stone everyday is it ??

Life throws us a really hard curve ball from time to time. Yet … there's the real RP.

I had planed on working another 2 years... :eek:

BUT … that changed.

Funny thing. I've actually accomplished more in the last two years now that I ever expected !!

OK … it wasn't at a place where I did an average of 55 + hours a week. BUT … here at home !! OH my !! (just finished spray painting that new printer stand we built !!) … which reminds me... Oh my stars what a mess to clean up. Black lacquer overspray …. UGH !!

Clean up on isle 10 please !!!

:D

I'd like to see the story turn away from superweapons, as much as factions would seek these out if they did exist in real life to gain the upper hand in a war, especially one that's lasted so long. I want to see a conventional threat, such as a military genius or a conventional weapon,

The obvious character would be the Thrawn analogue of the era. They could make them Kilran's protege, since he was underused and a great antagonist to the Republic.

maybe some kind of political intrigue plot, but I don't know how they would pack this with action. It sounds very specific to the agent and smuggler, and we know Bioware favors the Knight as the star. It's definitely not easy to keep things fresh.

It would be a good time for them to work on scaling all the content up to 75, though.

They could also work on squahsing a lot of longstanding bugs.

Edited by Tofu_Shark

I want to see a conventional threat, such as a military genius

Oooh, I'd like this... I'd like this a lot. I wouldn't want it to be a Chiss though, as that would be a little too much rehearsing Heir to the Empire.

The most obvious candidate would be Darth Jadus. His appearance could serve the plotline for both Force Users and Non-Force Users. Besides, his story was never finished, but he seemed like the type of genius that could really mess things up for the galaxy.

If they want to introduce someone new though, they could use the Sith Empire's eugenics program trope. Perhaps a genetically modified Imperial Admiral has gone rogue and now threatens both the Republic and the current Empire as he seeks to establish an Imperial society wherein non-Force Users rule instead of the Sith. But which still hates the Republic for the mass genocide they committed at the end of the Great Hyperspace War.

I'd like to see the story turn away from superweapons, as much as factions would seek these out if they did exist in real life to gain the upper hand in a war, especially one that's lasted so long. I want to see a conventional threat, such as a military genius or a conventional weapon,

The obvious character would be the Thrawn analogue of the era. They could make them Kilran's protege, since he was underused and a great antagonist to the Republic.

maybe some kind of political intrigue plot, but I don't know how they would pack this with action. It sounds very specific to the agent and smuggler, and we know Bioware favors the Knight as the star. It's definitely not easy to keep things fresh.

They could also work on squahsing a lot of longstanding bugs.

I agree.. enough of the super rally big bad thingy that will wipe out everything in a single shot !!

I'm not sure what would be the best approach … but yeah .. sometimes the best stories are in the trenches (so to speak)

And yes .. the knight is the star. BUT what would happen if we saw a return of the individuality of the other aspects: the trooper / the smuggler. AND (just maybe add a new one) … ;)

And … old fashion bug squashing is always a good thing !

Oooh, I'd like this... I'd like this a lot. I wouldn't want it to be a Chiss though, as that would be a little too much rehearsing Heir to the Empire.

The most obvious candidate would be Darth Jadus. His appearance could serve the plotline for both Force Users and Non-Force Users. Besides, his story was never finished, but he seemed like the type of genius that could really mess things up for the galaxy.

If they want to introduce someone new though, they could use the Sith Empire's eugenics program trope. Perhaps a genetically modified Imperial Admiral has gone rogue and now threatens both the Republic and the current Empire as he seeks to establish an Imperial society wherein non-Force Users rule instead of the Sith. But which still hates the Republic for the mass genocide they committed at the end of the Great Hyperspace War.

I love Jadus, and would want nothing more than to see him come back. But if I remember correctly on Imp Side Onslaught didn't we get a confirmation that he was among the dead? Correct me if I'm wrong please. And even if that is the case it doesn't mean it's true. Look at Malgus, HK-55, Vitiate.... Super wish it was Jadus that returned and not Malgus (he feels like a cheap knock off of Bane to me. Don't know why). If Jadus does come back, they need to do it in a meaningful way and not the Malorra way

6.0 on october 2019. May 2020 and still nothing? Bioware intends to leave the game as it is without any new big additions? We are waiting 7 months already. Over half a year and nothing more. Even announcements, how long should we wait? I'm not interested in the fact that a lot of noobs play and the game is great in terms of the number of players. Veterans like me have nothing to do, I have not been doing operations regularly for years, because they have become boring after 150 x times done it, and I finished the rest of the additions before 4.0. Maybe bioware is going to wait farther years until the game loses some players again and only then add something new? Clever. :rolleyes:

~ Tsukito, Alliance Commander

^Agree: can tell this game is doing very well bc a lot~ of noobage on the pug ops & FPs (they really know how to ruin a SM or Vet/ MM FP (tired of carrying them)). Longer FPs are more agonizing. Like Kai Zykken, who says things willl be here in a few hours... 3 days later, still not there: expect years, instead of days, with BioWare.

Edited by Willjb

I ran VM Hammer Station with a newb, allegedly. He was a tank. He said he was new when I asked if anyone was. When we finish, he tells me he came from WoW. So why did I spend all that time explaining tanking basics when this isn't your first MMO? Ugh. The whole run, he played along as if he didn't know, asking for feedback on his performance.

Then another run, I got VM Directive 7 with 3 DPS. None of them knew target priority, when I explained why there is a priority, one of them said nobody ever told them this before. They thought their job was just to hit the strongest enemy. I don't know how killing the weakest enemies first isn't common sense.

I would hope newbs would learn their roles and classes properly, but Bioware broke that with the Great Dumbing Down of 4.0.

I agree.. enough of the super rally big bad thingy that will wipe out everything in a single shot !!

I'm not sure what would be the best approach … but yeah .. sometimes the best stories are in the trenches (so to speak)

And yes .. the knight is the star. BUT what would happen if we saw a return of the individuality of the other aspects: the trooper / the smuggler. AND (just maybe add a new one) … ;)

And … old fashion bug squashing is always a good thing !

I would certainly be in favor of a return of the individual class stories. I just don't see how it's possible with the lack of resources the team has, but bug squashing, as far as I'm concerned, they've got no excuse...none.

Oh certainly not a Chiss, please no! That's too damn obvious.

Even though the third faction has already been done, this would be an interesting spin on it: a splinter group that thinks the galaxy would be better without Force users (It's a valid argument.) and finally acts on it and is surprisingly effective at taking them out. There are plenty of people on both sides that distrust Force users, though less commonly shown Pubside, probably because of the Jedi's advisory philosophy regarding the Republic.

Oh, it could be an alliance between a Pub and an Imp. However, no Imp/Pub alliance. That's already been done. Maybe only at the last minute. This would be more difficult to write though, as common sense and history show when a third faction interrupts a war, the other two create a temporary alliance to vanquish the larger threat. Although, with someone on each side, they could have plausible deniability that Jedi and Sith losses in the proceeding battles were collateral damage,

and then at the end, the ruse is exposed to both parties at the same time.

It could be a mystery. No superweapon though that explicitly targets Force users.

(We already had that with the Exile.)

Another thing they could do is a prequel or interquel to KotFE/KotET.

What was happening those years the Outlander was frozen or leading up to those years?

What were the other classes up to at this time? If they wanted to bring back class stories, this would be the best way to reintroduce them. However, they would be openly admitting they only had one class in mind with the Outlander story, and in their mind probably, they already expressed a mea culpa for that in a conversation overheard when you arrive on Ossus. Also, a portion of the playerbase may be displeased with the Eternal Empire arc being brought back.

Edited by Tofu_Shark

Since some of the focus has been turned to the "dark side" … hmmm let me see ..

What about the Republic.

IMO … I'd like to see a character that (even though might be under some undeserved railing and fire) … really is trying to do the right thing.

** Whatever is controversial would not be the truth …

** A good solid character …

** Not corrupt (how many have we seen that seems to be the first order of business)

** Just for fun … looking for the alliance to be closer friends ??? maybe ? (provided they are light side). IF the alliance is turning dark side the new Republic leader wants to cut ties.

---------------------

Salvage from the Alliance

** I'm not too sure how many might agree … but It's crossed my mind (more than once) that some of that fleet from IOKATH should be salvageable. Maybe even a handful of parts from the Gravestone.

** I would put the alliance top scientists and engineers on top of salvage operations AND would drag as many of the parts as possible into a holding zone to prevent the Sith or other enemy (pirates ) from stealing and gaining tech from the left overs.

A FEW possibilities from this:

1. Sith or Jedi : If they leave the alliance the Sith would try to destroy anything left behind .. or do as much damage to the reclamation as possible … then steal away with a handful of support ships to act as his own personal body guards (fleet). The Jedi would simply keep a very good ship for his personal use. The Jedi would leave the Alliance in the safekeeping of the next person in charge.

2. Empire trooper: about the same as the Sith …

3. Republic Trooper: about the same as the Jedi …

4. Smuggler … LOL You got to love this guy !! IF he gets another ship out of this … It's full of surprises !! All sorts of crazy tricks !! He's a smuggler .. just the way he thinks. Yes the Alliance is left in good hands ( and what can be salvaged from the Eternal Fleet ) … but has no qualms about keeping the good stuff (just in case) .:D

I would have a field day with some of the salvage stuff. And don't try telling this old man there "aint no such thing" … Not going to hear it!

:D:D:D

I

Oh, it could be an alliance between a Pub and an Imp. However, no Imp/Pub alliance.

i would love to see something like this happening, but with our characters.... my agent and my snuggler for example... they are actually sisters

or my warrior and my knight

etc... can make it a pairing of the mirror classes all across the board. and if someone doesnt have a pairing as a character, introduce some generic stand in.

then again i would love to be able to use my other chars as sort of companions in some way....