Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on Upcoming Releases

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LJ_Gibbs
04.10.2020 , 06:53 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by jedimasterjac View Post
I mean, I'd have to go back through the patchnotes, but I'd imagine every one has come with a Tuesday maintenance and some x.x.x update.
Patch Notes 10-25-16
http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1025...e-update-4.7.3
No mention of 2xp

Twitter post 10-29-16
https://twitter.com/SWTOR/status/902...597737984?s=20
2XP running until 11-29

===============
Patch notes 8-22-17
http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/8222...-crisis-umbara
No mention of 2xp

Twitter post 8-28-17
https://twitter.com/SWTOR/status/902...597737984?s=20
2xP starts the next day... no patch needed!
====================
Patch Notes 5-3-2016
https://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/532...it-and-plunder
No mention of 2xp

Twitter post 5-26-16 (3 weeks later)
https://twitter.com/SWTOR/status/735...745906176?s=20
========================================

SO they CAN turn it on without requiring it being patch day.

I will go and look for more tomorrow.

HKtheindomitable
04.10.2020 , 06:54 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by CharlesBoyd View Post
Based on our current information, our (very) tentative release target for that is late summer/early fall - that patch will become the "new" 6.2.
As much as I'd rather have it sooner, I have plenty to do! We all have plenty to do. We'll live. Looking forward to the event!
PAX REPUBLICA
Casual PVP&PVE
Star Forge | Captain |International Guild

CaptRogue
04.10.2020 , 07:15 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
didn't they say awhile ago dxp events required updates?
I am not sure if it requires a patch but it was stated it has to be programmed in for future time. Not just "hey lets turn it on".
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!

CaptRogue
04.10.2020 , 07:48 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by LJ_Gibbs View Post
Spoiler
Not according to this:
https://www.swtor.com/community/show...=949522&page=7

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

Doing something like changing the running time of events is built into the game itself, which would mean that we need to create a new patch to address it. To answer your question, it is a substantially larger undertaking to create a new patch than it is for us to do a "back-end" fix like the one we are doing tomorrow.
-eric
https://www.swtor.com/community/show...72#post9602872
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!

CharlesBoyd
04.10.2020 , 07:51 PM | #25 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Since there are some questions around how double XP works, I'll give a bit more detail: a patch is required to update the in-game event schedule that activates and deactivates double XP on specified dates. So if double XP isn't already scheduled, a patch is required to add it to the schedule, at which point it then activates on whatever date we specify - in this case, the same day the patch goes live, because we want it to kick on as soon as possible for y'all
Charles Boyd | Creative Director
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

KendraP
04.10.2020 , 07:54 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by jedimasterjac View Post
My uncle died from it you ignorant idiot.
Ouch and I'm sorry to hear about your uncle

ShenLongKazama
04.10.2020 , 08:26 PM | #27
Hi folks!

I hope everyone is doing well, taking care of themselves, and keeping up the social distancing

As Keith alluded to a few weeks back, EA, Bioware, and the SWTOR team have shifted to working entirely from home to ensure the ongoing safety of our team members. Like us, the voiceover studios where we record dialogue around the world are also eager to ensure the health and safety of their staff and actors, and have postponed all in-studio recording activities. As y'all know, our cast is pretty huge; some actors do have in-home recording capability, but unfortunately, many others understandably do not.

In order to adapt to these unexpected changes and challenges, we've made some updates to our upcoming releases. I've put together a run-down of the changes as we see them currently below. Naturally, this is very much subject to change as circumstances unfold; we will keep you all updated in the coming weeks if any additional changes become necessary.

Update 6.1.1 is moving out one week to Tuesday, April 21:
  • 6.1.1 will include a number of improvements to Conquests, adjustments to class balance and end-game items, and other quality-of-life improvements.
  • We will also begin a Double XP event with this update, running from April 21st until May 19th.
  • However, we have made the difficult decision to delay Master Mode of the Dxun operation out of this update. Based on our testing on PTS, we believe that holding this portion of the content back for further iteration and improvement will lead to a higher quality experience for all of you to enjoy a bit later, in update 6.1.2 (see below).

Update 6.2, currently targeting June, has become Update 6.1.2:
  • Update 6.1.2 will introduce a unique new in-game event that will join the weekly rotating schedule alongside Dantooine, Gree, etc. The event will be themed around the ultimate Swoop biker rally spread across multiple planets in the SWTOR galaxy. We'll share more info about the insane obstacle courses these daredevil riders are setting up very soon
  • As mentioned above, Master Mode of the Dxun operation will also be released with this update!
  • In addition to more quality-of-life updates, we're also targeting some fun additions to Nar Shaddaa Night Life, which will return this summer!
  • So why is this update changing numbers? Because it was originally intended to include the conclusion of the Kira/Scourge/Satele storyline introduced in Onslaught's finale. Unfortunately, the dialogue has not yet been recorded for that storyline, so we will have to wait to release it until recording operations are back in full swing. Rest assured, getting that story out is our top priority, so as soon as we can get it back on the schedule we will. Based on our current information, our (very) tentative release target for that is late summer/early fall - that patch will become the "new" 6.2.

We really appreciate everyone's patience as we work through these challenging times, and look forward to sharing more concrete details as we get them.

Stay safe out there!
May i ask if the new CM stuff will be added aswell? Thanks.
空の、エンターザボイドと風になる
------------------------------------------

OlBuzzard
04.10.2020 , 08:33 PM | #28
Hi folks!

I hope everyone is doing well, taking care of themselves, and keeping up the social distancing

As Keith alluded to a few weeks back, EA, Bioware, and the SWTOR team have shifted to working entirely from home to ensure the ongoing safety of our team members. Like us, the voiceover studios where we record dialogue around the world are also eager to ensure the health and safety of their staff and actors, and have postponed all in-studio recording activities. As y'all know, our cast is pretty huge; some actors do have in-home recording capability, but unfortunately, many others understandably do not.

In order to adapt to these unexpected changes and challenges, we've made some updates to our upcoming releases. I've put together a run-down of the changes as we see them currently below. Naturally, this is very much subject to change as circumstances unfold; we will keep you all updated in the coming weeks if any additional changes become necessary.

Update 6.1.1 is moving out one week to Tuesday, April 21:
  • 6.1.1 will include a number of improvements to Conquests, adjustments to class balance and end-game items, and other quality-of-life improvements.
  • We will also begin a Double XP event with this update, running from April 21st until May 19th.
  • However, we have made the difficult decision to delay Master Mode of the Dxun operation out of this update. Based on our testing on PTS, we believe that holding this portion of the content back for further iteration and improvement will lead to a higher quality experience for all of you to enjoy a bit later, in update 6.1.2 (see below).

Update 6.2, currently targeting June, has become Update 6.1.2:
  • Update 6.1.2 will introduce a unique new in-game event that will join the weekly rotating schedule alongside Dantooine, Gree, etc. The event will be themed around the ultimate Swoop biker rally spread across multiple planets in the SWTOR galaxy. We'll share more info about the insane obstacle courses these daredevil riders are setting up very soon
  • As mentioned above, Master Mode of the Dxun operation will also be released with this update!
  • In addition to more quality-of-life updates, we're also targeting some fun additions to Nar Shaddaa Night Life, which will return this summer!
  • So why is this update changing numbers? Because it was originally intended to include the conclusion of the Kira/Scourge/Satele storyline introduced in Onslaught's finale. Unfortunately, the dialogue has not yet been recorded for that storyline, so we will have to wait to release it until recording operations are back in full swing. Rest assured, getting that story out is our top priority, so as soon as we can get it back on the schedule we will. Based on our current information, our (very) tentative release target for that is late summer/early fall - that patch will become the "new" 6.2.

We really appreciate everyone's patience as we work through these challenging times, and look forward to sharing more concrete details as we get them.

Stay safe out there!
Everyone's safety is #1.

It's unlikely that much of anything we can say will offer an appropriate consolation for the loss of time / revenue / and office camaraderie due to the circumstances at hand. Hey you're human too. And some of us often think of that.

I sometimes wish that I could talk shop with some of the staff... just to have fun !

Take care sir !
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

Damask_Rose
04.10.2020 , 09:36 PM | #29
I'm sorry to hear that the patch was delayed, but hardly surprised. It takes a lot of work to get set settled into a home office. I'm also not in the least surprised that story content has been delayed.

The new event sounds very promising! There were many fun mini-games in the Chevin event that I miss. Refreshing the Nightlife Event is a great idea, especially if you'd increase the odds in our favor. It is boring as heck standing at those slot machines for such a slim chance at mount or companion that can't be unlocked account wide. Please consider refreshing the other events as well. Bounty Hunter is one of my favorites and it is long over due for some new rewards and new bounties!

I'm also looking forward to seeing what you consider quality of life improvements. Our thoughts on that matter haven't meshed in years.

As a story player who doesn't give a rat's patootie about class balance or gear bonuses, I hope that in the interim you guys will be able to focus on squashing the many bugs that interfere with my enjoyment of the old stories (i.e. Ossus flipping story flags, graphics bugs in cut-scenes, companions missing skin textures...)

May you and yours stay safe!
My name is Milind. I checked it again and can confirm you there is no bug with any companion in the game.

LJ_Gibbs
04.10.2020 , 09:47 PM | #30
Since there are some questions around how double XP works, I'll give a bit more detail: a patch is required to update the in-game event schedule that activates and deactivates double XP on specified dates. So if double XP isn't already scheduled, a patch is required to add it to the schedule, at which point it then activates on whatever date we specify - in this case, the same day the patch goes live, because we want it to kick on as soon as possible for y'all
OK, I'll buy that. However, you're telling me the "Death of the KP Farm" patches (notice I said patcheS) couldn't have got one scheduled in there?