Odessen Banners STILL too bright!

Sartonous

The Alliance banners inside the base on Odessen are too bright.

Pic:

https://imgur.com/Ij8jwsH

When they are in view, both in gameplay and cutscenes, the frame rate drops. The only workaround is to bring down the shadow settings, but I'd rather not have the game look like it's from 2003.

I submitted an in-game ticket months ago and received a reply saying they were "working to get it resolved", but a few patches and maintenance updates later and... still there.

This affects the Task Force Nova and The Hand banners later in the storyline as well.

Edited by Sartonous

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sartonous,

Thank you for the report. Our team is planning to fix this bug with the Alliance banners in our next patch 6.1.1.

Thank you.

Excellent. Now, how about removing the Hand or Nova banners from our Alliance base for those of us who chose to stay neutral? I'm still Alliance and prefer my base to be decorated with ALLIANCE banners only thanks. There was a thread about this but it seems to have been removed.

Edit: here's a second thread

Edited by Sarova

• 4 weeks later...
Yes. Still same as before. Its annoying, they said they would fix this. However when i went to the war room just now on Odessen they are still too bright (and also my transport droid disappeared on my Alderaan SH... something they also said they would fix).

Hey folks,

Thanks for bringing that up.

Looks like the last patch didn't fix the Odessen banner bug. I can confirm that the team is aware and looking into it.

I'll update you when I have more information.

Is there a time yet? I won't play any story after Kotfe Chapter 8 until this is fixed. I recording every playthrough and it is annoying :( Have now 3 toons I won't play bc of that bug

If it can help, i think this is because the ambiant light of the war room is too intense.

In the force user part, where there is less satured light, the banners are fine.

This is not true for me. I was just in the force user area and I almost put my hands in front of my eyes, because the banners were so bright and shiny there. Even worse - is this supposed to be like this? - my saboteur Jedi who kept her Alliance has Republic banners everywhere. I don't like that. I don't like that at all. :(

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

As mentioned in my previous post, our team is aware that the last patch didn't fix the Alliance banners bug.

Our team is currently working on a resolution. Unfortunately, I don't have additional information to provide you. I'll inform you when I know more.

Thanks for your patience.

Is there a time yet? I won't play any story after Kotfe Chapter 8 until this is fixed. I recording every playthrough and it is annoying :( Have now 3 toons I won't play bc of that bug

Me too! I'm recording all my playthroughs and won't be playing through KOTFE onwards until sorted. I mean, more time to play the rest of the ones I haven't completed to there, but still sucks when I just want to continue. Good luck recording :)

Hopefully this is able to be fixed soon and we'll be all good.

If it can help, i think this is because the ambiant light of the war room is too intense.

In the force user part, where there is less satured light, the banners are fine.

Not for me they are not. It also causes me to have a great deal of lag. I was giving Sana Rey some crate today and noticed the Flag was glowing way bright there.

Is there a time yet when you will fixing this bug?

Now I have 6 toons who stuck in chapter VIII until the banners are get fixed.

For those who wondering, I record every playthrough and make a lot of screenies and those banners are so

annoying :(

So to put all settings to low are not even an option for me!

PLEASE? :(

• 4 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

As mentioned in my previous post, our team is aware that the last patch didn't fix the Alliance banners bug.

Our team is currently working on a resolution. Unfortunately, I don't have additional information to provide you. I'll inform you when I know more.

The 6.1.1b patch notes don't mention this issue. I logged into one character (republic) and the banners looked almost normal, but on another character (empire) and they were so bright you couldn't even see the design. If these banners weren't in just about every cut scene then it wouldn't be so much of a big deal. Will these war-room banners be fixed anytime soon?

Banners are still broken after latest update. I stopped my progress in kotfe until it's resolved and wasn't even able to start empire version of Onslought because of it. :( Is there a chance it will be fixed anytime soon?

• 3 weeks later...
Banners are still broken after latest update. I stopped my progress in kotfe until it's resolved and wasn't even able to start empire version of Onslought because of it. :( Is there a chance it will be fixed anytime soon?

I also stopped my kotfe progress (because its in almost every cutscene). The patch notes for tomorrow, 6.1.2, make no mention of this being corrected. :mad:

This is the line from the patch notes of 6.1.1 "The brightness of the Banners in the Odessen War Room has been reduced for players that rejoined their respective Factions during the Onslaught expansion’s story." However it's ALL banners in the war room no matter what part of the story you're in kotfe or onslaught (at least for me). I wish they would fix this already. I wonder if they've forgotten about this issue? It worked fine for years, but it seems like with all spaghetti code (i'm assuming), once one thing is fixed another thing breaks. -_-

hi everyone,

as mentioned in my previous post, our team is aware that the last patch didn't fix the alliance banners bug.

Our team is currently working on a resolution. Unfortunately, i don't have additional information to provide you. I'll inform you when i know more.

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡