Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 6.1.1 Conquest Changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Game Update 6.1.1 Conquest Changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Darev
03.22.2020 , 11:29 AM | #141
Found a bug

I did the "Chapters: Veteran" objective (Chapter 2 - A dream of empire) and it completed all three levels of the objective, instead of just the Veteran mode I chose.
If you choose to fight in the sewer you can no longer claim to have the moral high ground.

wainot-keel
03.22.2020 , 05:10 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
Hello everyone!

• Flashpoint: Battle of Rishi (Master Mode) - Complete Flashpoint: Battle of Rishi on Master difficulty
  • Flashpoint: Esseles (Master Mode) - Complete Flashpoint: Esseles on Master difficulty
  • Flashpoint: Kaon Under Siege (Master Mode) - Complete Flashpoint: Kaon Under Siege on Master difficulty
  • Flashpoint: Maelstrom Prison (Master Mode) - Complete Flashpoint: Maelstrom Prison on Master difficulty
  • Flashpoint: Taral V (Master Mode) - Complete Flashpoint: Taral V on Master difficulty
  • Flashpoint: Crisis on Umbara (Master Mode) - Complete Flashpoint: Crisis on Umbara on Master difficulty

Why only these 6 for daily objectives ? Why half of them are pub only ? Am I missing something ?
If you're pugging, using the group finder, and you play empire, well, the only one that realistically has good chances is Kaon. Rishi and Umbara usually people quit after zoning in...

DreadtechSavant
03.22.2020 , 06:16 PM | #143
The Solid Resource Matrices, so you are really saying this is for players who have subbed at least once since last story update. We have been down this path before, hiding mats behind either subscription or group play only, is never a good thing.

As others have said if you are going to add FP's such as The Esseles then Black Talon also needs to be there.

Not really done much this time round on PTS so for the most part will have to wait until it go's live. I would like to see more solo FP's added to the lists.

OOOYYY
03.24.2020 , 08:34 AM | #144
At first, I thought these proposed changes were all very good, but on thinking about it, I think not allowing stronghold conquest boosts for all unlisted activities combined with not listing veteran flashpoints for Level 75s could have a negative effect on the game, including on newer players.

MM FPs require an experienced group, and take too much time for people for families or with jobs to do regularly. Moreover, level 75s are especially willing to help and teach newer folks on veteran FPs because they get something out of it. Stripping a major incentive for cross-level groups is probably not a good idea.

Plus, in my experience, for many casual players who are subscribers, vet FPs are a major source of fun in the game. Reducing the conquest they get from them is likely to create a grind and reduce interest in the game. The proposed structure favors mainline PvP over PvE, while PvE is a distinguishing strength of SWTOR.

KendraP
03.24.2020 , 11:34 AM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by OOOYYY View Post
At first, I thought these proposed changes were all very good, but on thinking about it, I think not allowing stronghold conquest boosts for all unlisted activities
Wait a second... what are they doing to SH bonuses?

Krazhez
03.24.2020 , 12:00 PM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
Wait a second... what are they doing to SH bonuses?
I could be wrong, but I was pretty sure they were just making it so conquest points from xp would only be based on base xp not from extra xp perks from guild and boosts, and that stronghold bonus still would work as it does now.

OOOYYY
03.24.2020 , 01:54 PM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by Krazhez View Post
I could be wrong, but I was pretty sure they were just making it so conquest points from xp would only be based on base xp not from extra xp perks from guild and boosts, and that stronghold bonus still would work as it does now.
Then I retract my comment. Though it would be good if the devs could confirm your understanding because it would make a big difference.

DanielSteed
03.24.2020 , 02:08 PM | #148 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Krazhez View Post
You are indeed correct! We have no plans on touching the Stronghold bonus.

In other news, I have two more adjustments we have made on our end. These changes aren't on the PTS yet, but these will go into effect next time Conquest is updated.

• Planets will be opened up to all players who meet the level requirement to go to that planet.
    • (For example, level 75 players can complete the objectives on Alderaan, Tatooine, ect.)
  • The Level 71+ bracket will have the objectives for Story and Veteran Flashpoints, as well as Master.

The feedback here has been very helpful, thank you all for the input!

Daniel Steed | Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Krazhez
03.24.2020 , 02:23 PM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
You are indeed correct! We have no plans on touching the Stronghold bonus.

In other news, I have two more adjustments we have made on our end. These changes aren't on the PTS yet, but these will go into effect next time Conquest is updated.

• Planets will be opened up to all players who meet the level requirement to go to that planet.
    • (For example, level 75 players can complete the objectives on Alderaan, Tatooine, ect.)
  • The Level 71+ bracket will have the objectives for Story and Veteran Flashpoints, as well as Master.

The feedback here has been very helpful, thank you all for the input!

Thanks for the clarification.
Those changes sound good. I'm assuming that won't include starter world and capital world rampages, so that 75s won't overrun lowbies.

dinowoman
03.24.2020 , 02:44 PM | #150
I think those latest proposals sound very sensible: they mean that players of all kinds will have achievable objectives and the number of possibilities will rise as they level up.