Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: March 24, 2020

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

bgstrange
03.24.2020 , 07:30 AM | #31
The reason why people farm KP is the conquest event like this week. A bunch of weeklies done for one day and the rest 6 - nothing to do.

yanyost
03.24.2020 , 08:25 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Sinhammer View Post
There's probably a lot of players who don't do much group content and have never stepped foot in an Ops who are having a blast farming KP and meeting new people. I know I personally have had a lot of laughs running them.

Congratulations on killing some group content because people were enjoying it too much.
Yeah, it was actually a lot of fun at times — low stakes grind w/o a huge time requirement where people could get together - blow some sh*t up and get a reasonable reward for it.

Townowi
03.24.2020 , 08:38 AM | #33
Sure, removing trash from other ops' starting areas, even partially, may appear heavy-handed, but here I believe it's for the best.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tofu_Shark View Post
Mobs can be and should be challenging at times though, and they lend to immersion. You really think Karraga's just going to let you stroll into his palace without resistance? Without mobs, ops become boss rushes. You want a boss rush? Go play the Eternal Championship!
In KP, the trash that actually provide any challenge are much deeper in than the entrance. After the third boss in my experience. Even then, trash is often perceived as unengaging at best (and tedious at worst) across a wide variety of group content. As for removing the trash from the starting area, it may be that Karagga could shift its security strategy and instead try to lull intruders into a false sense of security.

Nevertheless, my point still stands: these particular clumps of trash that were removed do not contribute to whatever difficulty the op may have at all, and that bosses contribute a lot more to an op's difficulty than the amount of trash. In fact, when people talk about what makes ops hard for them, they almost never refer to trash: very often it's a specific boss fight, and sometimes they point at specific mechanics or phases.

I'm pretty sure a boss rush would be well-appreciated, and run regularly, if the rewards (and difficulty) were appropriate for its length; the Eternal Championship currently does not provide much of a reward, maybe some CQ points tied to killing the last boss, but not much else.

You seem to be implying that a boss rush is easier than ops in their current form, or otherwise think trash contributes more to an op's difficulty than it actually does, whereas that just isn't the case. I'm pretty sure that Gods or Dxun, with all its trash removed, would still be harder than KP before the removal of the starting area's trash, assuming all the bosses and other trash-independent mechanics remain unchanged. (At least a trash-free Gods and Dxun would be more acceptably long)

yanyost
03.24.2020 , 08:44 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Townowi View Post
Even then, trash is often perceived as unengaging at best (and tedious at worst) across a wide variety of group content.
It's the worst part of the game in my opinion - there are basically no trash mobs anywhere worth killing for any reason whatsoever - not xp, not loot, not for rare spawns, or rare drops. Outside of quest goals they are simply a time sink.

DanielSteed
03.24.2020 , 08:45 AM | #35 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello everyone,

All servers are once again available! Thank you for your patience.

With today’s maintenance we addressed an exploit involving the Scum and Villainy Operation. Players were able to intentionally evade the effects of Revolster, which made the Master Mode difficulty far easier than intended. As a result, some players were able to acquire a rare helm, title, and codex entry all which were removed from those players today. We will be doing a follow-up investigation this week to wrap up any outstanding actions.

Daniel Steed | Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

RikuvonDrake
03.24.2020 , 08:59 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
Hello everyone,

With today’s maintenance we addressed an exploit involving the Scum and Villainy Operation. Players were able to intentionally evade the effects of Revolster, which made the Master Mode difficulty far easier than intended. As a result, some players were able to acquire a rare helm, title, and codex entry all which were removed from those players today. We will be doing a follow-up investigation this week to wrap up any outstanding actions.

This is incorrect and I have confirmed it with several players, you have not removed the titles or codex entries from Hateful Entity, a few players have also confirmed that they had crests removed from chars which didn't partake in the exploit and other players have confirmed that they didn't lost crests gained from the exploit. Nor have you removed the titles from Timed Run, the achievement from the individual bosses or the special rewards from killing Styrak inside of S&V on Nightmare mode which is the Titan Six mount from the players who gained these things using the overleved exploit.

Best of luck with the follow-up investigation or this will end up resulting in this first case of an exploit that players will be regretting they didn't take part in, which in turn will result in them partaking in the next exploit.

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango

Przemo_No
03.24.2020 , 09:03 AM | #37
Hello everyone,

Patch not available? It starts downlading and then "network connection error". I checked 3 times, nothing happens, I DO have working network.
Dark side is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural.

Aulus_Claudius
03.24.2020 , 09:16 AM | #38
Hello everyone,

I heard from a friend that several people who exploited Crests still have them and that they only appear to be gone from players who "overdid it" by farming Crests for a bunch of characters. Pure hearsay at this point, but if that's the case please be sure to remove it from the rest of the exploiters, too. And don't forget their Outfit Designer tabs, as you can get rid of an item and it doesn't automatically affect those.

Out of curiosity, what happens to SnV achievements and Titan 6 mounts earned during this period via the exploit?

driAK
03.24.2020 , 09:45 AM | #39
Hello everyone,

Hope you are aware that SNV isn't the only Operation where you can evade the level scaling effect and that you address this as well
Scøpe

<Reckoning>

Monumenta
03.24.2020 , 10:00 AM | #40
Removing content sucks, stop removing content.