Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Inquisitor and Consular Class Changes in 6.1.1 - Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Inquisitor and Consular Class Changes in 6.1.1 - Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DanielSteed
03.20.2020 , 04:17 PM | #151 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello everyone!

There are two things I'd like to talk about. Firstly, the Gathering Storm Set Bonus has been updated to the following:

• 6 piece - Using Force Speed now reduces the active cooldown of Polarity Shift / Mental Alacrity by 5 seconds (down from 10 seconds), and the duration of Polarity Shift / Mental Alacrity is now increased by 5 seconds (down from 10 seconds). This set bonus no longer requires Polarity Shift / Mental Alacrity to be used while Force Speed is active to extend the duration.

Also, there is something I'd like to clarify with the Reverberating Force / Reverbaration change. There was a typo in the original note and the intended change is:

• Reverberating Force / Reverberation critical hit damage bonus increased from 5% to 15%.

I have updated the original post to properly reflect these changes. Let us know what your thoughts! Please keep the feedback coming.
Daniel Steed | Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

igor_gdynia
03.20.2020 , 04:42 PM | #152
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
  • 6 piece - Using Force Speed now reduces the active cooldown of Polarity Shift / Mental Alacrity by 5 seconds (down from 10 seconds), and the duration of Polarity Shift / Mental Alacrity is now increased by 5 seconds (down from 10 seconds). This set bonus no longer requires Polarity Shift / Mental Alacrity to be used while Force Speed is active to extend the duration.
why almost all clases are getting buffs while sorcs get nerf? since 3.0 sorcs were almost unplayable. with 6.0 you FINALLY gave us viable setbonus.

why sorcs need nerf again? what's the reason? it seems you don't like sorcs and you'd like to make people stop playing this class.

give us another viable dps set bonus in return if you're nerfing gathering storm

Serrowherrow
03.20.2020 , 05:11 PM | #153
Hello everyone!

There are two things I'd like to talk about. Firstly, the Gathering Storm Set Bonus has been updated to the following:

Also, there is something I'd like to clarify with the Reverberating Force / Reverbaration change. There was a typo in the original note and the intended change is:

• Reverberating Force / Reverberation critical hit damage bonus increased from 5% to 15%.

I have updated the original post to properly reflect these changes. Let us know what your thoughts! Please keep the feedback coming.
Thank you for the update! I do think that is an appreciable buff especially when paired with the 10% extra Crushing Darkness damage, which should blunt a lot of this nerf at least as it pertains to PvP and dungeon content. I just remain worried that the loss of uptime on Polarity Shift itself will be very painful for endgame PvE. If the intent is to rein in our raid performance, this change does that pretty well, but I feel it might leave us just a touch too far behind compared to other classes.

EDIT: And thank you so so so so much for not making us Force Speed to get the extended duration. That would've been awful.

TrixxieTriss
03.21.2020 , 02:14 AM | #154
Hello everyone!

Too much nerfing when you are buffing all other classes.

Instead of nerfing both CD and duration, how about just doing one to start with and then see how it goes. If it is still too much in “actual live server“ game play in pvp (vs other players) and PvE operations, then you can nerf the again. Using a softly, softly approach is better than a sledge hammer.

From past experience, if you use a sledge hammer to nerf, you always kill DPS Sorcs. And then you will never buff it again and once again Lightning Sorcs are unviable for the next 4 years.

The history of this game shows that if You ever bother to give Sorcs a buff to make them viable, it lasts 3 months till you nerf them again. Where as other classes get buff after buff and stay FOTM or balanced for years and Sorcs get relegated to the bottom of the pile and nobody wants to play them.

Remember, you are also changing all other classes (and actually buffing most of them) and spread sheets and dummy parsing will not tell you how this is all going to play out in the live game. If you are heavy handed with Nerfs while buffing other classes, you are going to have unforeseen (by you) circumstances. Most of us who play the class, especially in pvp can already see where this is going. Sorcs will be destroyed again and the current top 3 FOTM classes will stay at the top.

We don’t want to be OP or FOTM, but we also don’t want to be at the bottom of the heaps. We are happy to be in the middle of the pack as long as the pack is close to balance.

sahonen
03.21.2020 , 02:41 AM | #155
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Too much nerfing when you are buffing all other classes.

Instead of nerfing both CD and duration, how about just doing one to start with and then see how it goes. If it is still too much in “actual live server“ game play in pvp (vs other players) and PvE operations, then you can nerf the again. Using a softly, softly approach is better than a sledge hammer.

From past experience, if you use a sledge hammer to nerf, you always kill DPS Sorcs. And then you will never buff it again and once again Lightning Sorcs are unviable for the next 4 years.

The history of this game shows that if You ever bother to give Sorcs a buff to make them viable, it lasts 3 months till you nerf them again. Where as other classes get buff after buff and stay FOTM or balanced for years and Sorcs get relegated to the bottom of the pile and nobody wants to play them.

Remember, you are also changing all other classes (and actually buffing most of them) and spread sheets and dummy parsing will not tell you how this is all going to play out in the live game. If you are heavy handed with Nerfs while buffing other classes, you are going to have unforeseen (by you) circumstances. Most of us who play the class, especially in pvp can already see where this is going. Sorcs will be destroyed again and the current top 3 FOTM classes will stay at the top.

We don’t want to be OP or FOTM, but we also don’t want to be at the bottom of the heaps. We are happy to be in the middle of the pack as long as the pack is close to balance.
They are not buffin all other classes, viru sniper get nerf for dot and weakening blast.
Want a free bundle from the Cartel market and 7 days of subscription?
Use this referral link ! http://www.swtor.com/r/hlWFNf

Anyaka_Jedi
03.21.2020 , 03:56 AM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by alexzk View Post
Any new normal set/tactical for tanks please? All that proposed are trash. Tank have to use 2 commons and swap depend on task. While other 2 tanks have pretty fitting own class sets and when use it do much better then shadow (however, as for jugg that set supposed for DD ).

Or well, you can compensate it by canceling "evade restore" on mobs. I.e. if shadow stealthed mob looses aggro yes, but does not restore health Then we will be ok with what we have.

The overall consensus is that sin tanks are fine the way they are with crap setbonus/tacticals. So long as there's stealth/shroud, we have to make do, because if they actually make something decent and worth going after ppl are going to complain...

Darth_Mardus
03.21.2020 , 10:50 AM | #157
Well , it seems there is real communication here and we give our feedback not for nothing.
BUT! The nerf is still too hard.Loosing the uptime of Polarity Shift will bring us again to the very bottom of DPS charts. There will be no raid teams dedicated to progress in high level content, who want to take DD Sorcerers. Because every other ranged DD will do much better. You want this for us? Really? Why???
As it was said many times in this thread, we were nearly unplayable for several years, now you gave us 3 month and that's it. Go back to your rightful place on the bottom.
I am sure you can do much better and give us fair rebalance, not just hard nerf. Please, don't make sorcerers trash-tier again.

xJediRyanx
03.21.2020 , 11:37 AM | #158
Community: Make this change, don't make this change. The changes you are making are awful for the class. Please listen to the community!

Devs: https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...97/040/471.jpg

Congrats devs, you guys are clearly *********** idiots.
I'd put a link here for you to click on, but my link is missing granny.

igor_gdynia
03.21.2020 , 04:36 PM | #159
Quote: Originally Posted by xJediRyanx View Post
Community: Make this change, don't make this change. The changes you are making are awful for the class. Please listen to the community!
the worst thing is that after last DanielSteed's post he didn't answer to any reply.

please don't stay quiet about that and tell us the real reason why you're nerfing dps sorcs. we deserve comprehensive answer

vfreelancerv
03.21.2020 , 09:22 PM | #160
Hello everyone!

Lightning sorcs are already going WAYYY too much damage in both pve and pvp. Why are you giving them additional critical damage. Justify! I'm looking at this and thinking, "The devs are maining lightning i guess." Please dont do this. If anything, lightning sorcs need their damage (splash damage mostly ) reduced. Storm watch specifically will not only proc on its target, but if that target is guarded.. the tactical will ALSO proc on the damage being absorbed by the tank (in other words, the tank and guarded target both receive stormwatch proc). Why, why, why does this spec need MORE damage? Don't do this.