Inquisitor and Consular Class Changes in 6.1.1 - Feedback

DanielSteed

• Dev Post

Hello everyone!

There are two things I'd like to talk about. Firstly, the Gathering Storm Set Bonus has been updated to the following:

• 6 piece - Using Force Speed now reduces the active cooldown of Polarity Shift / Mental Alacrity by 5 seconds (down from 10 seconds), and the duration of Polarity Shift / Mental Alacrity is now increased by 5 seconds (down from 10 seconds). This set bonus no longer requires Polarity Shift / Mental Alacrity to be used while Force Speed is active to extend the duration.

Also, there is something I'd like to clarify with the Reverberating Force / Reverbaration change. There was a typo in the original note and the intended change is:

• Reverberating Force / Reverberation critical hit damage bonus increased from 5% to 15%.

I have updated the original post to properly reflect these changes. Let us know what your thoughts! Please keep the feedback coming.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone!

There are two things I'd like to talk about. Firstly, the Gathering Storm Set Bonus has been updated to the following:

• 6 piece - Using Force Speed now reduces the active cooldown of Polarity Shift / Mental Alacrity by 5 seconds (down from 10 seconds), and the duration of Polarity Shift / Mental Alacrity is now increased by 5 seconds (down from 10 seconds). This set bonus no longer requires Polarity Shift / Mental Alacrity to be used while Force Speed is active to extend the duration.

Also, there is something I'd like to clarify with the Reverberating Force / Reverbaration change. There was a typo in the original note and the intended change is:

• Reverberating Force / Reverberation critical hit damage bonus increased from 5% to 15%.

I have updated the original post to properly reflect these changes. Let us know what your thoughts! Please keep the feedback coming.

Thank you for the update! I do think that is an appreciable buff especially when paired with the 10% extra Crushing Darkness damage, which should blunt a lot of this nerf at least as it pertains to PvP and dungeon content. I just remain worried that the loss of uptime on Polarity Shift itself will be very painful for endgame PvE. If the intent is to rein in our raid performance, this change does that pretty well, but I feel it might leave us just a touch too far behind compared to other classes.

EDIT: And thank you so so so so much for not making us Force Speed to get the extended duration. That would've been awful. :rak_04:

Edited by Serrowherrow

Hello everyone!

Too much nerfing when you are buffing all other classes.

Instead of nerfing both CD and duration, how about just doing one to start with and then see how it goes. If it is still too much in “actual live server“ game play in pvp (vs other players) and PvE operations, then you can nerf the again. Using a softly, softly approach is better than a sledge hammer.

From past experience, if you use a sledge hammer to nerf, you always kill DPS Sorcs. And then you will never buff it again and once again Lightning Sorcs are unviable for the next 4 years.

The history of this game shows that if You ever bother to give Sorcs a buff to make them viable, it lasts 3 months till you nerf them again. Where as other classes get buff after buff and stay FOTM or balanced for years and Sorcs get relegated to the bottom of the pile and nobody wants to play them.

Remember, you are also changing all other classes (and actually buffing most of them) and spread sheets and dummy parsing will not tell you how this is all going to play out in the live game. If you are heavy handed with Nerfs while buffing other classes, you are going to have unforeseen (by you) circumstances. Most of us who play the class, especially in pvp can already see where this is going. Sorcs will be destroyed again and the current top 3 FOTM classes will stay at the top.

We don’t want to be OP or FOTM, but we also don’t want to be at the bottom of the heaps. We are happy to be in the middle of the pack as long as the pack is close to balance.

Too much nerfing when you are buffing all other classes.

Instead of nerfing both CD and duration, how about just doing one to start with and then see how it goes. If it is still too much in “actual live server“ game play in pvp (vs other players) and PvE operations, then you can nerf the again. Using a softly, softly approach is better than a sledge hammer.

From past experience, if you use a sledge hammer to nerf, you always kill DPS Sorcs. And then you will never buff it again and once again Lightning Sorcs are unviable for the next 4 years.

The history of this game shows that if You ever bother to give Sorcs a buff to make them viable, it lasts 3 months till you nerf them again. Where as other classes get buff after buff and stay FOTM or balanced for years and Sorcs get relegated to the bottom of the pile and nobody wants to play them.

Remember, you are also changing all other classes (and actually buffing most of them) and spread sheets and dummy parsing will not tell you how this is all going to play out in the live game. If you are heavy handed with Nerfs while buffing other classes, you are going to have unforeseen (by you) circumstances. Most of us who play the class, especially in pvp can already see where this is going. Sorcs will be destroyed again and the current top 3 FOTM classes will stay at the top.

We don’t want to be OP or FOTM, but we also don’t want to be at the bottom of the heaps. We are happy to be in the middle of the pack as long as the pack is close to balance.

They are not buffin all other classes, viru sniper get nerf for dot and weakening blast.

Any new normal set/tactical for tanks please? All that proposed are trash. Tank have to use 2 commons and swap depend on task. While other 2 tanks have pretty fitting own class sets and when use it do much better then shadow (however, as for jugg that set supposed for DD :D).

Or well, you can compensate it by canceling "evade restore" on mobs. I.e. if shadow stealthed mob looses aggro yes, but does not restore health :) Then we will be ok with what we have.

The overall consensus is that sin tanks are fine the way they are with crap setbonus/tacticals. So long as there's stealth/shroud, we have to make do, because if they actually make something decent and worth going after ppl are going to complain...

Well , it seems there is real communication here and we give our feedback not for nothing.

BUT! The nerf is still too hard.Loosing the uptime of Polarity Shift will bring us again to the very bottom of DPS charts. There will be no raid teams dedicated to progress in high level content, who want to take DD Sorcerers. Because every other ranged DD will do much better. You want this for us? Really? Why???

As it was said many times in this thread, we were nearly unplayable for several years, now you gave us 3 month and that's it. Go back to your rightful place on the bottom.

I am sure you can do much better and give us fair rebalance, not just hard nerf. Please, don't make sorcerers trash-tier again.

Hello everyone!

Lightning sorcs are already going WAYYY too much damage in both pve and pvp. Why are you giving them additional critical damage. Justify! I'm looking at this and thinking, "The devs are maining lightning i guess." Please dont do this. If anything, lightning sorcs need their damage (splash damage mostly ) reduced. Storm watch specifically will not only proc on its target, but if that target is guarded.. the tactical will ALSO proc on the damage being absorbed by the tank (in other words, the tank and guarded target both receive stormwatch proc). Why, why, why does this spec need MORE damage? Don't do this.

Edited by vfreelancerv

Hello everyone!

Sooooo, when ya gonna reply to all the suggestions we've given ya :D?

Hello everyone!

Disappointing to see no comment on the changes to healing. There are some solid improvements here, single target is at least on par with the other classes at this point, but group heals really need some redesigning.

Let's just take a minute to compare sorc AoE healing 1:1 to the other two classes:

Roaming Mend, while perhaps more versatile in terms of usage, objectively heals less (factoring for cds) than the 4 person smart heals of merc (Progressive Scan) and op (Recuperative Nanotech). I believe this is a reasonably balanced design and honestly don't want too much power to be shifted into smart healing as it has a much lower skill cap to use effectively.

Revification heals less than half the amount (factoring for cd times) of the comparable 8 heal abilities of merc (Kolto Missle) and op (Kolto Waves) AND takes an excruciating amount of time to deliver the full amount of healing (1.4k ticks on a 300k health pool are like spitting into the ocean).

Additionally, operatives can keep their probes up on all 8 targets for sustained healing that matches the output of Revification and Mercs can do the same with the HP-5 tactical for when sustained raid healing is needed (or take Vapours for added burst raid healing). You can argue that sorcs can do something similar with bubbles, but doing so is a lot more cumbersome due to lockout times and is a significant strain on resources compared to the free heals of op and merc. Precasting is also a really ineffective use of bubbles (considering the added healing they do now) and could create problems saving targets later due to the lockout.

So what we have now is a class that has pretty solid single target sustain and burst healing, but severely lacking AoE to the point where it can be straight up detrimental to bring a sorc into certain encounters with a lot of raid-wide damage (e.g. MM Nahut and Izax). Maximizing output still falls short for that type of damage profile and that should never be the case. That's not even mentioning that the other classes have essentially no resource management in this expansion and can both do substantially better off-dps, but we'll set that aside for now.

With all of that said, the best solution I can come up with is a complete redesign of Revification. Here are a couple of ideas brainstormed with some of the other top healers in the game:

-Revification applies an instant heal equal to or slightly greater to the amount healed over time (12-15k base or so), but only during initial placement and with no change to the behavior or healing of the HoT. This will require more strategic placement while optimally providing the burst needed to counter large raid-wide hits that are seen in many boss encounters).

-Alternatively, you could reduce both the cooldown and duration of Revification by 50%. This would double hps potential, but be a significant strain on resources in order to maintain.

To be clear, these changes will still leave sorc behind both of the other healers in terms of AoE potential, but it at least closes the gap to a reasonable degree.

Let us know what your thoughts! Please keep the feedback coming.

- Volt Rush/Telekinetic Blitz are simply not good. Only Lightning/Telekinetics gain anything from the new ability.

- New set-bonus for healers, why? Wouldn't it be better to create a set for Madness/Balance?

- The Endless Offensive set is too weak, clunky and used by nobody.

- Madness/Balance and Hatred/Serenity. Lack of survivability, our self-heals are too weak compared to the damage we receive.

- The Rushdown tactical. Useless. You’ll end up dealing less DPS with this tactical than you would if you didn't have any tactical at all.

- Madness/Balance and Hatred/Serenity single-target DPS is too weak outside of execute.

- An Explosive Return tactical. Useless, as it doesn't deal enough damage.

- Mystic's Ruthless Blade tactical. Needs a buff, due to the fact that you are reducing Polarity Shift/Mental Alacrity uptime.

Sooooo, when ya gonna reply to all the suggestions we've given ya :D?

If they reply, monday at the soonest

The problem with this thread is that the assassin changes or lack of is totally being snowed under the multitude of posts about sorcs...

I mean the deva are the ones that put the advanced classes in the same thread, can't really blame the sages for talking about their changes here.

Hello everyone!

Stop buffing the strongest RANGE DPS CLASS IN RANKED. STOP it PLS. i see lightning sorcerers doing 10-13k damage with 30-39k hits so HOW IS IT normal???They can both aoe/single burst while other range classes have either burst or aoe. mercs doing 7-9k dps on average in ranked even if they are free casting and have ZERO aoe capability. The use of polarity shift to reduce its duration or extent it on force speed usage was a good idea to finally tone down this overpowered class in ranked. Snipers are useless because they die fast without tank, mercs doing 7-9k only if free casting while lightning sorcerer gets buffs and little nerfs

Edited by bladech

Lightning sorcs are already going WAYYY too much damage in both pve and pvp. Why are you giving them additional critical damage. Justify! I'm looking at this and thinking, "The devs are maining lightning i guess." Please dont do this. If anything, lightning sorcs need their damage (splash damage mostly ) reduced. Storm watch specifically will not only proc on its target, but if that target is guarded.. the tactical will ALSO proc on the damage being absorbed by the tank (in other words, the tank and guarded target both receive stormwatch proc). Why, why, why does this spec need MORE damage? Don't do this.

yeah, they ruin class balance. This stormwatch tactical recks everyone apart, and if enemy team stacks a bit they are all dead because of sorc's aoe possibilities while sorc still does 30-40k burst damage single target...class has good defenses, decent mobility, both good aoe and single dps and they continue to buff it all the time so everyone plays lightning sorcerer. Mercs, snipers just remain useless in ranked while everyone playing lightning sorc.

Edited by bladech

yeah, they ruin class balance. This stormwatch tactical recks whole groups, if enemy team stacks a bit they are all dead while sorc still does 30-40k burst damage single target...class has good defenses, decent mobility, both good aoe and single dps and they continue to buff it all the time so everyone plays lightning sorcerer. Mercs, snipers just remain useless in ranked while everyone playing lightning sorc.

I'm very confused by this. How does the Stormwatch tactical (which applies to a single target marked by your Lightning Flash) wreck entire groups?

Edited by Serrowherrow

I'm very confused by this. How does the Stormwatch tactical (which applies to a single target marked by your Lightning Flash) wreck entire groups?

i mean sorc's rotation overall not stromwatch specifically. seems my sentence was written wrong

You do realize this is a significant nerf to lightning, and nothing resembling a buff in any way shape or form, right?

I know of one content creator who has written multiple emails regarding the change for sorcs and how it is just a straight nerf. The Dev's here are either deaf or blind to the issue. I think they are just complete idiots who have no clue how to balance a game between pve and pvp. And they wonder why the game has had to shrink down to 5 servers with terrible population left on those 5. Don't listen to your player base and they find a better game to go play. These dev's are idiots and I don't expect them to respond, then push through these changes. But don't worry, we will get another reskinned piece of sh it on the cartel market cause that is all they care about.

Edited by xJediRyanx

Who asked for the nerf to the -1.5 seconds innervate/healing trance? Nobody did. Do you understand how much this weakens SORC/SAGE healer? I depend on that cooldown. This SIGNIFICANTLY reduces my effectiveness in operations and flashpoints.

You can increase individual heal amounts all you want. Shaving that 1.5 seconds off that channel is huge and you just cut me off at the knees.

Who asked for the nerf to the -1.5 seconds innervate/healing trance? Nobody did. Do you understand how much this weakens SORC/SAGE healer? I depend on that cooldown. This SIGNIFICANTLY reduces my effectiveness in operations and flashpoints.

You can increase individual heal amounts all you want. Shaving that 1.5 seconds off that channel is huge and you just cut me off at the knees.

It's an adjustment to be sure, but not a loss considering the other changes. Sorcs would be in an overall good state if it wasn't for the completely lackluster 8-target potential.

It's an adjustment to be sure, but not a loss considering the other changes. Sorcs would be in an overall good state if it wasn't for the completely lackluster 8-target potential.

This thousand times. It took me several minutes of adjusting AND I still had to think a lot of what I should be using as a next skill on PTS, but after about 30 minutes it felt much better and I suppose after a week or two playing with it on live I will be fully used to it. Single target healing was good, even with the Innervate nerf - now it can be easily replaced by resurgence/dark infusion/dark heal to burst a tank up.

But the aoe heals.. they took something sorcs were bad at and nerfed it even more. In HM/MM and any 16man Operations sorc will be the least wanted healer - it already is, but the nerfs now will make people shoo them away with a stick in their hands. I think BW realized that and that is why they changed tactical items to have more aoe healing on roaming mend (and made it mandatory tactical for operations, but at least we don't need to think about switching to anything else... yay?) and the revivification heal tactical (which as many people pointed out makes no sense to have heal at the end on revivification - it would make sense only on the beginning).

But don't get me wrong, most of the changes to the skills are not bad, but they are too focused on healing a single person only. Sorcs will work well on most of the fights where they can get away with it - tank and spank fights will be fine. But anything that requires raidwide aoe healing - which, you know, happens in harder operations - will make sorcerer healer work double for half the results. The healing numbers are good, on a dummy or a single tank, but not on operation group.

Innverate and resurgence are corruption bread and butter. With both being nerfed not seeing any other adjustment that will make-up that. And the adjustments are 10% here, 5% there. Nothing that is worth while anyway.