Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Game Update 6.1.1 Conquest Changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Game Update 6.1.1 Conquest Changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DanielSteed's Avatar


DanielSteed
03.19.2020 , 04:37 PM | #121 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello everyone!

I'm back with another update with regards to the upcoming Conquest changes. As I mentioned in my previous post, here is a full breakdown of what a Conquest's objectives will look like. For comparison sake, this is the revised version of the Conquest event currently happening on live servers - Total Galactic War. I've broken up the objectives into their respective level ranges and there is one thing I would quickly like to note. Some objectives only become available after you complete others. For example, if you complete the Weekly "Starfighter: Bomber Pilot" objective, it will then unlock the repeatable "Starfighter: Bomber Pilot Eternal". These exceptions are either denoted with an "Eternal" or "Part 2" in their name.


Levels 10 - 49
Spoiler


Levels 50 70
Spoiler


Levels 71+

Spoiler


Lastly, I would like to talk about something some of you have raised concerns about - Solid Resource Matrices. From our perspective, we want to make personal rewards useful to the character that achieved them. With that in mind, we also understand why this inflow is appealing to crafters. While keeping the Solid Resource Matrices strictly to the Level 71+ range, our current internal iteration has an increased quantity of Matrices to help bridge that gap (from 2 to 4 - Guild Conquest rewards remain unchanged). Considering this subject has been a talking point in this thread, we wanted to open a discussion about your thoughts.


Daniel Steed | Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

go_rogue's Avatar


go_rogue
03.19.2020 , 05:09 PM | #122
My first immediate response---don't make the Crafting Rally Part 2 a weekly. Keep it as a daily repeatable, even if you nerf the points some. I'd rather it still be daily repeatable, even, say, at 20,000 points. Making it weekly ruins the point of even having it as a guild perk when all the other <Objective> Rallies are daily repeatables.

go_rogue's Avatar


go_rogue
03.19.2020 , 05:31 PM | #123
Additional thoughts now that I've read through everything else.

Levels 10-49:
Flashpoint: Esseles is available for Pub side. Where is Flashpoint: Black Talon? Make sure that faction-specific flashpoints have their mirror flashpoint available.
Ranked Arena: Victorious. Why is this even here? I'm pretty sure rank doesn't pop except at max level. On the PTS, it is only shown at level 71-75.

Level 50-70:
Advancement: Amplifiers is utterly useless except at max level. I wouldn't encourage my guildies to play with amps except at max level.

Level 71-75:
Can you please add <Planet> Defeat Enemies for all the dailies areas to this instead of just Dantooine, Onderon, and Mek-Sha? If the weekly is available, why can't the Defeat Enemies be available? Lower-level toons have a ton more planets available to them for it. And at the rate that people can level, they'll be levelled beyond the planet and tier cap for some of these achievements anyway.

Lastly, can we have the baseline points of all the guild perks conquest objectives and the infinite repeatables of, say, the Starfighter: <Ship Type> Eternal? When compiling all the objectives, those of use who don't necessarily play some parts of these games wouldn't know they are even available without someone letting us know about them.

Terro_Fett's Avatar


Terro_Fett
03.19.2020 , 09:02 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by go_rogue View Post
My first immediate response---don't make the Crafting Rally Part 2 a weekly. Keep it as a daily repeatable, even if you nerf the points some. I'd rather it still be daily repeatable, even, say, at 20,000 points. Making it weekly ruins the point of even having it as a guild perk when all the other <Objective> Rallies are daily repeatables.
As much as I love the Crafting Rally Part 2 perk, I can see why they also want to change it. For the effort involved, they would have to gut the points to keep it repeatable. No one should be able to put out 200k+ conquest points simply by logging in 7 times a week for 30 seconds to que the next DP. You can hit your personal goal on 4-5 characters without even playing the game. I know because I do that. I hate to lose it, but I can see why it makes sense.
Dread Master Deloth Vyrr
<Reign> - Progression Ops Leader
I will not fail, I cannot die.

CelynthePhoenix's Avatar


CelynthePhoenix
03.19.2020 , 11:35 PM | #125
Why are daily objectives for flashpoints master mode only for level 71+?
I thought the point was to give us more options.
Don't get me wrong, I do love playing master mode flashpoints with my guildies from time to time but they require
coordinating between people with work and family obligations and more time and energy I can commit to after a day at work.
There's a lot of level 75 player queuing for the veteran weekly flashpoints, why couldn't that count for conquest anymore?

Please consider adding veteran mode for the weekly and daily repeatable and possibly story mode for the repeatable (with adjusted rewards of course)

Midasear's Avatar


Midasear
03.20.2020 , 01:27 AM | #126
The Lost Island flashpoint is listed as a 50-70 daily objective. The veteran mode exists, but ITS NOT IN THE QUEUE. Realistically, few in this level range are going to be able to complete this objective.

And if you are going to make The Esseles and Black Talon daily objectives for the 10-50 range, you might want to expand the range eligible for the veteran mode queue.

Darev's Avatar


Darev
03.20.2020 , 04:46 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
Hello everyone!

I'm back with another update with regards to the upcoming Conquest changes. As I mentioned in my previous post, here is a full breakdown of what a Conquest's objectives will look like. For comparison sake, this is the revised version of the Conquest event currently happening on live servers - Total Galactic War. I've broken up the objectives into their respective level ranges and there is one thing I would quickly like to note. Some objectives only become available after you complete others. For example, if you complete the Weekly "Starfighter: Bomber Pilot" objective, it will then unlock the repeatable "Starfighter: Bomber Pilot Eternal". These exceptions are either denoted with an "Eternal" or "Part 2" in their name.


Levels 10 - 49
Spoiler


Levels 50 70
Spoiler


Levels 71+

Spoiler


Lastly, I would like to talk about something some of you have raised concerns about - Solid Resource Matrices. From our perspective, we want to make personal rewards useful to the character that achieved them. With that in mind, we also understand why this inflow is appealing to crafters. While keeping the Solid Resource Matrices strictly to the Level 71+ range, our current internal iteration has an increased quantity of Matrices to help bridge that gap (from 2 to 4 - Guild Conquest rewards remain unchanged). Considering this subject has been a talking point in this thread, we wanted to open a discussion about your thoughts.


Thank you for putting the list out!

From what I've found, the crew skill mission objectives...such as "Mission Director" do not work with the gathering skill missions, such as Scav / Sli / etc. They do work for Treasure Hunting / Underworld Trading / etc. I presume that is intended, but (in my opinion) the mission objective title could be phrased better to explain which crew skill missions are targeted.
Perhaps using the same terminology as the amplifiers which also have that split?
If you choose to fight in the sewer you can no longer claim to have the moral high ground.

Darittha's Avatar


Darittha
03.20.2020 , 08:41 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by go_rogue View Post
My first immediate response---don't make the Crafting Rally Part 2 a weekly. Keep it as a daily repeatable, even if you nerf the points some. I'd rather it still be daily repeatable, even, say, at 20,000 points. Making it weekly ruins the point of even having it as a guild perk when all the other <Objective> Rallies are daily repeatables.
completely agree. this would be a bad nerf.

also what makes it good idea to limit 71-75lvls to have rampage on only 3 planets? ossus, onderon and meksha those are some insane limits to put on rampages.

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
03.20.2020 , 11:03 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Darittha View Post
completely agree. this would be a bad nerf.

also what makes it good idea to limit 71-75lvls to have rampage on only 3 planets? ossus, onderon and meksha those are some insane limits to put on rampages.
But it goes perfectly with their new as of 6.0 idea - the only "endgame" is the stuff they put in recently, and please ignore the fact that you get the same rewards by doing old stuff, that's just a side effect of their inability to create new content. But since it's not real "endgame" they then don't have to be bothered scaling it either! Win-win right?! (/sarcasm, if it wasn't obvious, I think this concept was beyond idiotic)

Sandrosw's Avatar


Sandrosw
03.20.2020 , 11:46 AM | #130
I like the changes.
The objectives are so numerous that anyone can find several for their playstyle now. Some are very easy to complete, so anyone playing game will be able to cap at least one character without any grinding or investing too much time. The weekly to repeatable objective is nice that it does not "clutter" the UI with many objectives for those that do not want to do them - if I don't do GSF weeklies, I will not see the repeatables, which is appreciated, as scrolling the whole list of objectives and searching for one I want to do next would take longer.

I also like that crafting objectives now include harvesting and sending companions on missions for missions-only crew skills, some of my characters that have pure harvesting or mission crew skills send their best regards! I will miss Crafting Rally - part 2 being daily, but yeah, it was just too good for such a small investments. Crafting Rally - part 1 is imo extremly useless for anyone who does not have stacks of invasion forces from time when they were much cheaper and easier to do - for most players it is unrealistic to craft and donate 30! Invasion Forces daily. Just count how many mats are needed to create them... It is something on par with Ziost Rampage (Really... when you created this objective, was it an easter egg to troll players? ) Some of the objectives might need a bit of polishing, but the direction is good and the odd one or two will get lost in the amount of new objectives that can be done easily - and you will probably have a statistic on which objectives get completed often and which are being skipped and will adjust accordingly later.

The changes to rewards are also good, as the more numerous matrices will drive down their price and make crafting augments faster for people who play solo or in small guilds. The added credit chips are nice, but not really something that would help much - personal weekly reward for conquest will give enough to swap out one armoring or mod or enhancement. But it is better than what we have now. As for not including the matrices for lower levels - well I can see that for really new players the matrices will not be much useful and only confuse them, while low level alts of experienced players will now be unable to get them - perhaps there will be some double xp event where they can level the alts up to 71...
Darth Marr shall rise again.

Prepare for His return