Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Inquisitor and Consular Class Changes in 6.1.1 - Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Inquisitor and Consular Class Changes in 6.1.1 - Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DanielSteed
03.05.2020 , 03:12 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello everyone!

In addition to The Nature of Progress Operation getting Master Mode and the new Set Bonuses, Game Update 6.1.1 will see some Class changes. Primarily our focus is towards adjusting how healing works. Below you will find a list of changes that can be found on the upcoming PTS build for Inquisitors and Consulars.

Sorcerer / Sage

• Decreased the initial portion of Resurgence / Rejuvenate healing by roughly 37%, but increased the heal over time portion of Resurgence / Rejuvenate by roughly 67%
  • The Empowered Restorer set bonus has been redesigned:
    • 4 piece - Static Barrier / Force Armor leaves a heal over time on the target for 12 seconds after being applied
    • 6 piece - Static Barrier / Force Armor immediately heals the target when applied
  • The Revitalized Mystic set bonus has been rebalanced:
    • 4 piece - Refreshing Resurgence / Rejuvenate on a target refunds 5 Force
    • 6 piece - Healing a target with another healing ability while your Resurgence / Rejuvenate is active on them has a 15% chance to cause your Resurgence / Rejuvenate to provide an additional, unscheduled tick of healing
  • The Gathering Storm set bonus has been rebalanced:
    • 6 piece - Using Force Speed now reduces the active cooldown of Polarity Shift / Mental Alacrity by 5 seconds (down from 10 seconds), and the duration of Polarity Shift / Mental Alacrity is now increased by 5 seconds (down from 10 seconds). This set bonus no longer requires Polarity Shift / Mental Alacrity to be used while Force Speed is active to extend the duration.
  • The Endless Offensive set bonus tooltip has been updated:
    • 4 piece - Now indicates that Volt Rush / Telekinetic Blitz healing is also increased by 10%, if applicable
  • Tactical Item: Storm's Succor / Metaphysical Mender (formerly Storm's Succor) has been redesigned - now each charge of Energized / Empowered (formerly Energized) reduces the Force Volt Rush / Telekinetic Blitz consumes by 30%, and the healing component of Volt Rush / Telekinetic Blitz is a smart heal with a 20-meter range from the target with roughly 56% more healing

Corruption / Seer

• Dark Infusion / Deliverance healing increased by roughly 7%
  • Innervate / Healing Trance healing increased by roughly 6%
  • Reduced the base Force cost of Revivification / Salvation by 15 (from 75 to 60) and the healing it deals by roughly 11%
  • Reduced the base Force cost of Roaming Mend / Wandering Mend by 20 (from 70 to 50) and the healing it deals by roughly 19%
  • Force Bending / Conveyance now reduces the activation time of Dark Infusion / Deliverance by 0.5 seconds (up from 0.25 seconds)
  • Force Bending / Conveyance now makes Revivification / Salvation activate instantly and no longer reduces its Force cost
  • Penetrating Darkness / Clairvoyance now increases the critical chance of Dark Heal / Benevolence by 10% (instead of increasing bonus healing by 3%)
  • Force Surge / Resplendence no longer affects Revivification / Salvation
  • Dark Concentration / Altruism now also increases the healing dealt by Dark Heal / Benevolence by 50%, in addition to its other effects
  • Renewal healing increased by roughly 67%
  • Secrets of the Dark Side / Erudite Mender has been redesigned and now increases the healing done by Resurgence / Rejuvenate and Renewal by 10% (instead of reducing the Force cost of Roaming Mend / Wandering Mend by 10)
  • Tactical Item: One for All has been redesigned - now gives Roaming Mend / Wandering Mend one extra healing charge
  • Tactical Item: All for One has been redesigned - now Revivification's / Salvation's pool concludes with a burst of dark / light Force energy, healing up to 8 allies within it

Lightning / Telekinetics

• Reverberating Force / Reverberation critical hit damage bonus increased from 5% to 15%
  • Convulsing Currents / Magnifying Vibrations now grants a 10% damage increase to Crushing Darkness / Mind Crush while Polarity Shift / Mental Alacrity is active

Madness / Balance

• Disintegration / Critical Kinesis critical chance bonus increased from 5% to 15%
  • Fulminating Current / Psychokinetic Torrent critical chance bonus given per stack increased from 2% to 3%

Assassin / Shadow

• The Death Knell Set Bonus has changed:
    • 4 piece: The cooldown of Recklessness / Force Potency is reduced by 15 seconds. Whenever you activate Recklessness / Force Potency you gain Reckless Critical, making your next Maul / Shadow Strike or Leeching Strike / Serenity Strike critically hit

Hatred / Serenity

• Languishing Lashes / Atrophying Attacks now increases the damage of Leeching Strike / Serenity Strike by 20% against enemies with less than 30% health
  • Severing Slash / Cleaving Cut now spreads Discharge / Force Breach and Creeping Terror / Sever Force periodic effects.
  • Fulguration / Rebounding Force now correctly applies to the Two Time Trouble tactical

Deception / Infiltration

• Crackling Blasts / Deep Impact critical damage bonus increased from 5% to 20%
  • Dominating Slashes / Prevailing Strikes now increases the damage of Voltaic Slash and Reaping Strike by 20%
  • Surging Charge / Shadow Technique does an additional 30% damage

Let us know what your thoughts! Please tell us if you think certain changes make a class overpowered or underpowered. Throughout the next week or so, a thread for Troopers/Bounty Hunters will be created with their respective changes too.

Daniel Steed | Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

JamesHowes
03.05.2020 , 04:20 PM | #2
Whilst the tactical and set bonus changes to Sorc/Sage heal are very welcome, feels like the base heal spec changes are classic overcompensating. Spec isn't underperforming that much is it? In Pvp at least.

SlimeyDoom
03.05.2020 , 04:24 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesHowes View Post
Whilst the tactical and set bonus changes to Sorc/Sage heal are very welcome, feels like the base heal spec changes are classic overcompensating. Spec isn't underperforming that much is it? In Pvp at least.
Sorc healer is unplayable in group ranked at the moment because it's so weak compared to merc and operative. Hopefully the dev team sees that the raw hps output of sorc is too low right now and raise it.

Ahwassa
03.05.2020 , 04:25 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post

[*]The Empowered Restorer set bonus has been redesigned:
  • 4 piece - Static Barrier / Force Armor leaves a heal over time on the target for 12 seconds after being applied
  • 6 piece - Static Barrier / Force Armor immediately heals the target when applied
[*]The Revitalized Mystic set bonus has been rebalanced:
  • 4 piece - Refreshing Resurgence / Rejuvenate on a target refunds 5 Force
  • 6 piece - Healing a target with another healing ability while your Resurgence / Rejuvenate is active on them has a 15% chance to cause your Resurgence / Rejuvenate to provide an additional, unscheduled tick of healing
[*]Tactical Item: Metaphysical Mender - now each charge of Empowered reduces the Force Volt Rush consumes by 30%, and the healing component is a smart heal with a 20-meter range from the target with roughly 56% more healing

[*]Tactical Item: One for All has been redesigned - now gives Roaming Mend / Wandering Mend one extra healing charge
[*]Tactical Item: All for One has been redesigned - now Revivification's / Salvation's pool concludes with a burst of dark / light Force energy, healing up to 8 allies within it
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
Now we have 3 usefull tacticals instead of one. I think Metaphysical Mender will be my favourite in Flashpoints
Empowered Restore Set seems to be the best healer set now (depending on the numbers). I will miss the Mystic Set Bonus though.

There so many changes (buffs and nerfs) but overall it seems good.
Cant wait to resub and go to the PTS.

sixteenlette
03.05.2020 , 05:00 PM | #5
Gathering Storm nerfs hurt me a bit, but We probably deserve it

Darthanimus
03.05.2020 , 05:12 PM | #6
OMG thank you so very much for the changes. Sorc/Sage healing is my class, I am happy to see buffs to the spec. Here is why:

A good dps player in pvp are achieving 8k plus dps, this happens in nearly all pvp matches it is not an isolated occurrence, I also see regularly over 12k dps for some classes again this happens a lot. While healers are getting between 8k and 12k hps, sometimes more granted. For me onslaught and healing in pvp feels terrible, relatively speaking, I am a healing less and dying more often than ever before because of energy pool/ resource management, and the stupid amount of stuns there are now. I miss the good ole days where I could keep up over four team mates and myself while not being energy starved in under 10s. As it stands I can barely manage keeping up myself vs two good dps, it is a nightmare. Energy starvation is to blame, not so much the amount healed by x ability. I am playing on my healers less and less because it is no longer fun, even though I want to main a healer I just can't cause of how frustrating it is. Even when I am guarded, team mates die like flies vs a pre-made.

Once again, great changes, im off to log my sage!
Scorpio finds the starforge, becomes an immortal AI god, and gets worshiped by Ewoks.

Red Eclipse

septru
03.05.2020 , 05:13 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimeyDoom View Post
Sorc healer is unplayable in group ranked at the moment because it's so weak compared to merc and operative. Hopefully the dev team sees that the raw hps output of sorc is too low right now and raise it.
I have not sorc healed for that exact reason. But as an expierenced ranked player, and a frequent sorc healer in 5.0 I can say, unless there are some significant number increases in the background it will still not be enough.
-Prum, Satele Shan
"The real endgame is general chat."
The only real top 3 operative btw

Ithorian
03.05.2020 , 05:23 PM | #8
Lots of promising changes for sorc heals.

But dang, assuming it won't be added back: RIP 1.5 second cooldown reduction on Innervate/Healing Trance. You served us well.

ottffsse
03.05.2020 , 05:36 PM | #9
DECEPTION gonna be filthy now in PVE as well thx. - clear winner here

Madness change looks fine, at least what you are doing in terms of keeping its sustain while nerfing the gathering storm set.

Lightning might not be compensated enough for the nerf to the set though - sort of concerning there given the big buff Deception is getting as pointed above.

Please give us 5SEC after hitting force speed on sorc sage to get buff on polarity shift - otherwise it is a bit unfounded and ridiculous - maybe the current 10 sec leeway is too long, but activating it during that 1.5sec will be a pita and mess up some timings in the dps rotation. I don't understand why we have to be under affects of force speed to trigger the extended polarity shift.

Don't play healer in a long time now, but looks like a generous buff there.
ref http://www.swtor.com/r/gFbhFZ Melisen / Sage Zrella / Sorc

Tuturro
03.05.2020 , 06:39 PM | #10
Sin DPS getting nerfed to the ground again, just like in every expac, nice.

Deception = Burst traded against, at best, less mediocre sustain than now.
  • In PVP: Going from op in arenas to useless. You are not tanky enough for your sustain to be of any use. PT AP perma burst lolololololololol
  • In PVE: It was ok, it will come back to utterly useless as the increase of sustain DPS will not make it better than any other melee DPS.

Hatred = Way too weak over 30%, the dot spread on Severing Slash is a joke, just like the ability itself. Still sooooooooo squishy, both in PVE and PVP. it's good in AOE. Not so much anymore in 6.X compared to the rest. The self heals are anecdotic at best

To sum up you just make it the worst melee DPS both in PVE and in PVP. In a raid any other melee is better. It doesn't reflect damage or rebounder like PT, it doesn't have a raid buff like Operative or Mara, it doesn't have a raid wide speed boost/snare cleanse like Mara again and even a Jugg does more dps.
So most of these classes, except Jugg is much more useful to a raid and dish out way much more DPS than Sin.
In late 5.X you said regarding DPS output you wanted : Melee DOT > Melee Burst > Range DOT > Range Burst.
Even Burst Sorc and DOT Sniper hit harder than a Sin DPS.

As for the Maul spam in PVP, there is a solution without changing the set bonus.; just make Maul only usable from behind again and only usable under duplicity buff. I think the spec would remain bursty as it's intended to be without being OP like it is now, and it wouldn't kill the spec in PVE.

Another nerf after the loss of Phase Walk, the loss of 30% damage reduction while stunned, DPS nerf in 5.X, Phantom Stride not out of GCD anymore, a new nerf now, whereas it has never been top tier DPS in PVE , just for a few months in PVP in this expac with only one spec... Why do you hate this class so much as DPS ?
Qn

Apply May Cry, The Red Eclipse