Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 6.1.1 Conquest Changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Game Update 6.1.1 Conquest Changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mirli
03.03.2020 , 01:05 PM | #51
I would like to ask too from this:

Quote:
More Repeatable Objectives

Players have expressed frustration with the repeatability of Conquest Objectives, particularly Weekly objectives. Weekly objectives feel frustrating because they can be completed only once on a single character, forcing players to choose which character gets the lucrative amount of Conquest points. We know the preferred solution for players would be to allow conquest completion per character, but unfortunately this is a much larger technical change that cannot be quickly addressed. In the meantime, to address this issue we will be adding more repeatable and Daily objectives to allow greater flexibility in how Personal Conquests can be completed.
Does that mean this is something that WILL be implemented in the future and you're just doing a quick fix with a larger overhaul coming later? say 6.2 / 6.3 / 7.0 style timeline? Or just something that you are all aware of but don't have any plans to address unless the 6.1.1 fixes don't address what it is you want them to address?
If you want some free stuff in game, Here is my Refer a Friend link!

Zaldalia
03.03.2020 , 01:16 PM | #52
does bioware know that on some server's their are guilds takeing advange of the way you doing conquest where they can get 40 million conquest points in a single day what does that say for the normal guilds that can usally pull 10 mill in a single week I think conquet need to be more restricted I hate all the repeatable and now it seems your going to make the weekly's even easyier ?!

MacCleoud
03.03.2020 , 01:31 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaldalia View Post
does bioware know that on some server's their are guilds takeing advange of the way you doing conquest where they can get 40 million conquest points in a single day what does that say for the normal guilds that can usally pull 10 mill in a single week I think conquet need to be more restricted I hate all the repeatable and now it seems your going to make the weekly's even easyier ?!
Making it MORE restrictive will kill smaller guilds. There is a point in which the numbers are insurmountable. 10 people can't, and shouldn't be able to compete with 100 people. If you restrict it more than it already is... those ten people will just join the 10 and call it a day. And they are making some of these changes to address the taking advantage of the XP->CQP Conversion. Hence why the XP Nerf is incoming.

KendraP
03.03.2020 , 01:40 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by MacCleoud View Post
Making it MORE restrictive will kill smaller guilds. There is a point in which the numbers are insurmountable. 10 people can't, and shouldn't be able to compete with 100 people. If you restrict it more than it already is... those ten people will just join the 10 and call it a day. And they are making some of these changes to address the taking advantage of the XP->CQP Conversion. Hence why the XP Nerf is incoming.
This, yes. As I said, my 3-6 person guild will never be competitive with the huge ones. And since the changes that no longer require you to be in the top 10, I'm fine with that.

It's time for BW to accept that fact too, and rather than silly measures like restricting cq objectives by legacy, which hurts my small guild and does absolutely nothing to the large ones, make the objectives per character. If the LBLOs of back in the day were too much like the current KP farm require multiple boss completion.

The legacy daily objectives were BW throwing out the baby with the bathwater, and stating one purpose while having a seeming hidden agenda to boot.

MacCleoud
03.03.2020 , 01:47 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
This, yes. As I said, my 3-6 person guild will never be competitive with the huge ones. And since the changes that no longer require you to be in the top 10, I'm fine with that.

It's time for BW to accept that fact too, and rather than silly measures like restricting cq objectives by legacy, which hurts my small guild and does absolutely nothing to the large ones, make the objectives per character. If the LBLOs of back in the day were too much like the current KP farm require multiple boss completion.

The legacy daily objectives were BW throwing out the baby with the bathwater, and stating one purpose while having a seeming hidden agenda to boot.
I have said for a long time that the once per day per legacy objectives are the ones that really hurt. The OP Trash farming was seen on PTS, and was brought up that you could do that, but it wasn't addressed then. I think someone even said that removing the Trash completely, or just removing XP from the Ops mobs would take care of it. The rest of conquest was in a pretty good state, still needed some help, but the incoming XP nerf is going to be bigger than I think they realize for those of us that don't do OPs Trash Farming. Rectify the XP nerf with allowing 25% Stronghold Bonus from each unigue stronghold and I would be ecstatic! Though i know that would hurt those that don't have all 9 strongholds..... The strongholds would just add to the money sink though....

KendraP
03.03.2020 , 01:58 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by MacCleoud View Post
I have said for a long time that the once per day per legacy objectives are the ones that really hurt. The OP Trash farming was seen on PTS, and was brought up that you could do that, but it wasn't addressed then. I think someone even said that removing the Trash completely, or just removing XP from the Ops mobs would take care of it. The rest of conquest was in a pretty good state, still needed some help, but the incoming XP nerf is going to be bigger than I think they realize for those of us that don't do OPs Trash Farming. Rectify the XP nerf with allowing 25% Stronghold Bonus from each unigue stronghold and I would be ecstatic! Though i know that would hurt those that don't have all 9 strongholds..... The strongholds would just add to the money sink though....
I too have been screaming about the legacy objectives since it was changed. Find the old thread on conquest changes and you'll see me there pissing and moaning.

But please, no more credit sinks. I've spent 297 million credits on just this expansion as it is. And for all that, I have a total of 1 spec (guardian tank) in max everything. Not counting stims and adrenals for alts, because I cant afford to level biochem on all of them, and I cant afford the mats to get my guild crafter the ability to mass produce the one use ones, and I have better things to do with my limited playtime than grind mats.

Grind mats, grind credits, at what point am I allowed to just have fun with my friends playing our way?

DanielSteed
03.03.2020 , 02:32 PM | #57 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone,

Already there has been a lot of good feedback in this thread! After some internal discussion, the team has decided to merge Game Updates 6.1.1 and 6.1.2 together, in order to make everything available on PTS. This way, everyone can get hands-on experience for how these Conquest changes work and we can have more iterations of feedback.

We might be able to get PTS up by this Friday, but if not keep your eyes peeled for an update next week. This revised Game Update 6.1.1 will feature these Conquest changes, Master Mode difficulty for the Nature of Progress Operation, new Set Bonuses, and Class changes focused primarily on healing. Feedback threads for these other topics mentioned will be created for the PTS forum soon.

Thanks for the feedback and please keep it coming!
Daniel Steed | Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

MacCleoud
03.03.2020 , 02:42 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
I too have been screaming about the legacy objectives since it was changed. Find the old thread on conquest changes and you'll see me there pissing and moaning.

But please, no more credit sinks. I've spent 297 million credits on just this expansion as it is. And for all that, I have a total of 1 spec (guardian tank) in max everything. Not counting stims and adrenals for alts, because I cant afford to level biochem on all of them, and I cant afford the mats to get my guild crafter the ability to mass produce the one use ones, and I have better things to do with my limited playtime than grind mats.

Grind mats, grind credits, at what point am I allowed to just have fun with my friends playing our way?
I know you have. I have been right there with you on a lot of these things as well. I have not dropped that much, but I am definitely up near the 175Mil range this xpac. At some point, it would be nice to get back to having time for fun.

MacCleoud
03.03.2020 , 02:44 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
Hey everyone,

Already there has been a lot of good feedback in this thread! After some internal discussion, the team has decided to merge Game Updates 6.1.1 and 6.1.2 together, in order to make everything available on PTS. This way, everyone can get hands-on experience for how these Conquest changes work and we can have more iterations of feedback.

We might be able to get PTS up by this Friday, but if not keep your eyes peeled for an update next week. This revised Game Update 6.1.1 will feature these Conquest changes, Master Mode difficulty for the Nature of Progress Operation, new Set Bonuses, and Class changes focused primarily on healing. Feedback threads for these other topics mentioned will be created for the PTS forum soon.

Glad too see we will be able to see them. Thank you.

Raansu
03.03.2020 , 03:31 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
Hey everyone,

No love for the pvpers?