HP drops when levelling up

DamThomas

Weird, I've had the opposite, i.e. my health being restored to full when I level up.

This is the standard, what we should expect.

---------

As for the issue by the OP, I had the same just now for the first time. Luckily, I was claiming my quests rewards, not in combat. On Hutta with an agent, going from level 12 to 13.

It's not random.

Y'all are being bitten by Level Sync. Level Sync clips Health as well as Endurance, Mastery, Power. If you level up from "at max for planet" to "above max for planet", your health will typically go down because the clipping point can easily be about the same as the "from-endurance" part the calculated Health. On top of that, it uses the clipped version of Endurance to calculate that "from-endurance" thing.

Read and weep: (Warning: LONG) (In the quoted text, "EMPH" means "Endurance, Mastery, Power, Health")

Just checked something. I'm level 75, IR 283 with 7 stacks of Veteran's Edge, standing on Zakuul (and therefore synced to level 70).

In my character sheet, I'm showing 3929 Power, 7809 Mastery and 8553 Endurance. All these stats are showing *yellow*, meaning that they are below their 'natural' level, which implies they are clipped.

The tooltips?

* Mastery: 1000 base plus 8532 bonus = 9532 total (clipped to 7809)

* Endurance: 900 base plus 11678 bonus = 12578 total (clipped to 8553)

* Power: 0 base plus 5224 bonus = 5224 total (clipped to 3929)

Health is 126068 "live" made up of:

* 52295 base

* 124274 bonus (8553 Endurance ==> +11195 and Skills/Buffs ==> +13079)

* 176569 total.

* Clipped to 126068.

So, this confirms a couple of things:

* Health is clipped (to a different value than you'd expect from the character's level/gear/bonuses/Endurance, that is)

* The full set of EMPH stats are still clipped.

And it adds:

* The "From Endurance" part of health is very, very close to exactly 13 points of Health per point of Endurance.

* Specifically, 13.00070151.

* The tiny fraction difference corresponds to *six* extra Health points from I don't know quite where.

I then took off all my gear:

* Mastery 1140 as 1000 base plus 140 bonus from ... somewhere. (50 = 5% from the "Force Valor" class buff?)

* Endurance 993 as 900 base plus 93 bonus including 450 = 5% from the "Fortification" class buff

* Power 3929 as 0 base plus 0 bonus.

There you have it, folks. Zero plus zero is 3929.

Bounce to Fleet. Power is now zero.

Bounce back to Zakuul. Power is back to 3929 with zero stacks of Veteran's Edge.

Back to Fleet. Put gear on, take gear off. Power back to zero.

Bounce back to Zakuul. Power is back to 3929 with zero stacks of Veteran's Edge.

I watched Power as I added gear on Zakuul. It moved exactly not at all. It appears that in level-synced content, your Power is determined as a specific value that is entirely independent of anything you can change. It will be interesting to see if it changes when I rank up my stacks of VE.

Final conclusion, it's significantly more complicated than we thought, and it's more than somewhat confusing.

I've had this happen also but it has only been a thing since 6.1 came out as I know I've leveled up a character since 6.0's release (and the new level sync) and it didn't happen then. I've nearly died a few times now because it hit when I was in the middle of combat.

It's not random.

Y'all are being bitten by Level Sync. Level Sync clips Health as well as Endurance, Mastery, Power. If you level up from "at max for planet" to "above max for planet", your health will typically go down because the clipping point can easily be about the same as the "from-endurance" part the calculated Health. On top of that, it uses the clipped version of Endurance to calculate that "from-endurance" thing.

You ovisously didn't experienced it. I wanted to answer something similar at first (level sync), but then when I faced the issue, I knew it was something totally different.

Even with level sync, you health bar (and force/energy/etc) fills to max when you level up. Whatever your level.

What we experience is leveling up and health bar litterally drop to 30%. You are close to death instead of full health.

Plus, my experience last night was that it occured when reaching level 13, 15 and 17 on Hutta, and then at level 19 and 21 on DK.

If anything happens on level sync, on Hutta it would be when leveling from level 10 to 11. Even though your actual total health would drop by 30% (let say from ~1800 hp to ~1300 hp) because of level sync, yet your health bar would fill in to the max.

Hope this clarifies.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems I'm only having the issue "repeatedly" with imperial characters so far.

On republic side, it happened once only, like aroundt level 26 on Coruscant.

On imperial, it is either all odd numbers starting at 13 on Hutta and DK (BH and agent), or even numbers starting at 12 on Korriban and DK with my SW.

Definitely something EA should look at.

EA couldn't give 2 bantha-poodoos about this game, unfortunately.

BioWare = looker

--

Hi,

The team is currently tracking this bug. We are working on a fix for it and are aiming to deploy it in our next patch, 6.1.1. I’ll keep you posted if there is any change.

Thanks.

Thank YOU for the slightly increased communication so far.

It's def. noticed and appreciated. :cool:

Edited by Nee-Elder

• 4 weeks later...

I'm on Nar Shaddaa doing heroics and I noticed this as well, but not odd levels but at each level gain, if that helps the devs about this issue.

Edit new info: The health drop seems to occur while in combat. Out of combat, no drop but goes to full like normal.

New update: was in story instance, out of combat, leveled after the dialogue, dropped to low health. Combat appears to not be it.

Edited by Meavwen
new information

• 1 month later...
Hi,

The team is currently tracking this bug. We are working on a fix for it and are aiming to deploy it in our next patch, 6.1.1. I’ll keep you posted if there is any change.

Thanks.

This bug is back. Or was it never fixed? Any news devs?

• 2 weeks later...
It worse. This used to be rare for me. Now it happens on every character. Its especially a problem on new characters on starter wold who haven't gotten their companion yet so losing half their health in the middle of combat is nearly fatal. The double xp means i'm of higher level and have more skills then would normally otherwise I'd be dying a lot since leveling dops health instead of restoring it.

• 1 month later...