BRB, Eric is AFK Round 2

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

A couple of years ago I made a post just like this one where I let you know I was getting married and would be out of office for a few weeks. (Round 1, if you missed it). Well, I am back for round 2...

In a few short weeks, my wife and I are expecting our first child!

Between paternity leave and some paid time off that's burning a hole in my pocket, I am going to be in and out of the office quite a bit over the next few months. To keep things consistent, even during the time I am in office, I will be focusing most of my efforts behind the scenes. I would expect it will be a few months before you see me start popping back up more regularly. My goal is to have this time be as minimally impactful to all of you as possible. This is going to be accomplished in two ways.

First, most of you already know Dan Steed who has been on the community team for a year or so now. A lot of his role is typically behind the scenes, but, he is gonna step out from behind the curtain to start communicating with you more. Second, we have a couple of people that are going to be helping us out, some on a temporary basis. They will be posting under a new account aptly called "CommunityTeam".

Like last time, this likely won't be my last message to you all before I go on leave (given the unpredictability of babies though, who knows). But I will start receding back a bit so the other team members can start interacting with all of you. Thanks everyone, be nice while I'm gone :rak_03:.

Enough from me, over to them!

-eric

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post

Hello everyone!

It’s been about a year since my debut here on the forums, but for anyone unsure of what aspects of Community I help run, here’s a quick list of things that I handle on the back end of things.

• Website publishing and management. I’m the main driving force behind a majority of the articles and various website updates that happen.
  • Creating assets used for Community/Marketing. The Alderaan trailer for Game Update 6.1 and the images used for the recent Cartel Market article are some good examples of this.
  • Running the Content Creator program and working with everyone in that group.
  • Social media posting on all the different platforms.

With Musco’s upcoming journey into fatherhood, expect to see more of me here on the forums! The next few weeks will be a transitionary period, so thank you for your patience as we get properly adjusted to dividing everything Musco managed both here and behind the scenes.

• Dev Post

Hi there,

I will be the Padawan of the forums but don’t worry although I am new here on the forums I’m not so new to SWTOR. I have worked as a member of the SWTOR support team for years.

Here are a few facts about me: People call me Natha, I'm French but I have lived in Ireland since 2015, I love food and hiking (do not hesitate to send me suggestions on both). Last but not least, my favorite class in SWTOR is Sith Inquisitor.

I will be an additional helping hand alongside Dan during Eric’s parental leave and even beyond. Expect me to be not only on the forums discussing with you and escalating bug reports but also responding to you on social media.

I’m looking forward to having great conversations with you.

Edited by EricMusco

Hey everyone,

A couple of years ago I made a post just like this one where I let you know I was getting married and would be out of office for a few weeks. (Round 1, if you missed it). Well, I am back for round 2...

Between paternity leave and some paid time off that's burning a hole in my pocket, I am going to be in and out of the office quite a bit over the next few months. To keep things consistent, even during the time I am in office, I will be focusing most of my efforts behind the scenes. I would expect it will be a few months before you see me start popping back up more regularly. My goal is to have this time be as minimally impactful to all of you as possible. This is going to be accomplished in two ways.

First, most of you already know Dan Steed who has been on the community team for a year or so now. A lot of his role is typically behind the scenes, but, he is gonna step out from behind the curtain to start communicating with you more. Second, we have a couple of people that are going to be helping us out, some on a temporary basis. They will be posting under a new account aptly called "CommunityTeam".

Like last time, this likely won't be my last message to you all before I go on leave (given the unpredictability of babies though, who knows). But I will start receding back a bit so the other team members can start interacting with all of you. Thanks everyone, be nice while I'm gone :rak_03:.

-eric

Sweet! Congrats man! Best of luck to you!!! :)

Hey everyone,

-eric

Congrats bud !!!

Your life is about to change exponentially !!

Yet … there is nothing like it !

OH !!!

BE NICE ??

Who ? ME ??

( my wife … is ROFL !!)

:D

Edited by OlBuzzard

Congratulations Eric and Mrs. Eric! Enjoy your time with the new Padawan <3

And hello to Daniel and welcome to Natha. :)

Looking forward to reading your communications.

PS. Fix Scourge's romance plz and thanks and as always, more Theron! <3

Hey everyone,

-eric

Congratulations Eric. I wish for everything to go smoothly for the birth of your child.

And I am always nice. (If you don't believe me ask my boyfriend) :D

Edited by casirabit

Hello everyone!

It’s been about a year since my debut here on the forums, but for anyone unsure of what aspects of Community I help run, here’s a quick list of things that I handle on the back end of things.

• Website publishing and management. I’m the main driving force behind a majority of the articles and various website updates that happen.
  • Creating assets used for Community/Marketing. The Alderaan trailer for Game Update 6.1 and the images used for the recent Cartel Market article are some good examples of this.

With Musco’s upcoming journey into fatherhood, expect to see more of me here on the forums! The next few weeks will be a transitionary period, so thank you for your patience as we get properly adjusted to dividing everything Musco managed both here and behind the scenes.

Good luck. You may need it with some of the forum posters we have on the forums.

Hey everyone,

Between paternity leave and some paid time off that's burning a hole in my pocket, I am going to be in and out of the office quite a bit over the next few months.

-eric

Congrats Eric.....hope you have a BABY YODA!! :eek:

RL comes first of course, but gosh i sure hope you get back sooner than later, cuz this game's 10th Anniversary should really garner BioWare (and EA) full attention imo.

./tiphat

---

Hello everyone!

It’s been about a year since my debut here on the forums,

To paraphrase Han Solo in Ep. 6....

Good luck lol....

Hi there,

I will be the Padawan of the forums but don’t worry .

...You're both gonna need it! :D

Edited by Nee-Elder
bold

Congrats Eric, if you have sleeping problems now you should really enjoy the times ahead. :rak_01:

P.S. Does this mean we will see even less of you on the forums? Well, at least you got a good excuse now. :p

Hello everyone! With Musco’s upcoming journey into fatherhood, expect to see more of me here on the forums!

This is great news, thanks and look forward to seeing you on the forums!

We have fond memories of the time before when Eric went on vacation, how much fun we then had on the forums in his absence! I guess the saying rings true, "when the cat's away, the mice will play!" :D

People call me Natha, last but not least, my favorite class in SWTOR is Sith Inquisitor.

Welcome Natha, it's good to see someone of power (you) being a supporter of the Sith Inquisitor class! Perhaps you can use your position of leverage to put pressure on the devs to improve upon the healing spec of the Sith Inquisitor. It's quite awful right now, tbh. :p

Hi there,

I will be the Padawan of the forums but don’t worry although I am new here on the forums I’m not so new to SWTOR. I have worked as a member of the SWTOR support team for years.

Here are a few facts about me: People call me Natha, I'm French but I have lived in Ireland since 2015, I love food and hiking (do not hesitate to send me suggestions on both). Last but not least, my favorite class in SWTOR is Sith Inquisitor.

I will be an additional helping hand alongside Dan during Eric’s parental leave and even beyond. Expect me to be not only on the forums discussing with you and escalating bug reports but also responding to you on social media.

Welcome aboard !!

I'm sure you'll get the hang of things !

Just a couple of rules of course... and remember you can always trust the "Ol' Buzzard" …

WHAT ???

(mumbles to self … good grief … some people )

At any rate … Feel free drop me a PM some time and we can discuss a few things …

[/dusts off wish list]

Yeah !! That's it !

Just feel free to drop by some time !!

:D

Hello everyone!

If you manage the website you also must manage the hosting environment server side. The forums clearly do not have a Secure Socket Layer (SSL). No encryption for data is being applied thus making this forum not secure. However, the login page has an SSL, which is good.

Hey everyone,

-eric

Awesome! Best of luck, Eric and May the Force Be With You!