can we please get a small stronghold.

Petnil

Not that the Alderaan stronghold isn't pretty, but damn it's huge. For me it just doesn't work as a home. It could work as a guild stronghold though, but it's just to big as a home for a single character imo. Next time can we please get a nice and small stronghold. No bigger than upper level of the Nar Shaddaa stronghold. A small outside area and 4-6 small to medium sized rooms. A stronghold that could logicly fit inside one of the cities of the game.

Not that the Alderaan stronghold isn't pretty, but damn it's huge. For me it just doesn't work as a home. It could work as a guild stronghold though, but it's just to big as a home for a single character imo. Next time can we please get a nice and small stronghold. No bigger than upper level of the Nar Shaddaa stronghold. A small outside area and 4-6 small to medium sized rooms. A stronghold that could logicly fit inside one of the cities of the game.

Isn't the DK and train strongholds small ?

While I like the large ones and can design it to be home, the last two we have gotten (Rishi/Alderaan) have been huge so maybe a medium to a small one (not too small though please) would be nice for a change.

Manaan really isn't that big .. Might be something for OP to look at in the mean time.

Most of those who wanted Alderaan waited 3 years to get that one !

I'd settle for one similar to Coruscant … but with more of a space station feel to it. Add a large nice dome with a breath taking view …

WHAT ??

OK … I may have to wait a while (hopefully not TOO long though... I'M NOT getting any younger !!)

:eek:

... yeah I have to get my plug in when ever possible.

:D

Edited by OlBuzzard

I'd settle for one similar to Coruscant … but with more of a space station feel to it. Add a large nice dome with a breath taking view …

I’m surprised I’ve never seen that request for a SH. A smallish space station with an airlock or hanger to see and use your personal ship or others visiting would be something I’d have been interested in a few years ago.

But now, I’d prefer them to concentrate on content and fixing bugs.

I don’t even care what content, pve, pvp, flash points or ops (which I don’t do myself) would be better than using what resources they have for another stronghold (no offence meant to those who love strong holds).

What do we have now? 10 strong holds or is it 11? Surely that’s enough unless they suddenly get enough money to reboot the game with content and bug fixes (which seem will never be fixed and keep multiplying like a Rakghoul plague infecting all parts of the game).

I’m surprised I’ve never seen that request for a SH. A smallish space station with an airlock or hanger to see and use your personal ship or others visiting would be something I’d have been interested in a few years ago.

But now, I’d prefer them to concentrate on content and fixing bugs.

I don’t even care what content, pve, pvp, flash points or ops (which I don’t do myself) would be better than using what resources they have for another stronghold (no offence meant to those who love strong holds).

What do we have now? 10 strong holds or is it 11? Surely that’s enough unless they suddenly get enough money to reboot the game with content and bug fixes (which seem will never be fixed and keep multiplying like a Rakghoul plague infecting all parts of the game).

Bug squashing is always a priority... regardless of where the game is going (particularly if those plans are for the game to survive) …

IMO .. there's plenty of room for both bug squashing … AND another SH... particularly a space station which (with a few minor adjustments) … could be used by either the Empire or the Republic if so desired !

While I like the large ones and can design it to be home, the last two we have gotten (Rishi/Alderaan) have been huge so maybe a medium to a small one (not too small though please) would be nice for a change.

I agree with this.

The apartments are too claustrofobic. But something the size of the Tatooine SH is just right for me. A mix of outdoors and rooms.

Thinking about it, a cool idea would be one in Hoth with a system of caves like we see in the rebel base in the empire strikes back with an outdoor snowy section. Would be original at least.

Edited by Nemmar

I am trying to design an Alliance Base right now but none of them really fit my ideas.

I need separate but equal rooms (preferably same size, same hooks) for the following groups.

• Task Force Nova
  • The Hand
  • Jedi
  • Sith
  • Mercenary Enclave
  • A Den for Smugglers
  • Command and Control for Agents
  • Armory for Trooper

Then there are the shared spaces

Main Computer room, Droid maintenance, Garage, Cantina etc.

Which Stronghold would be best do you think?

I think Aldaraan is too big and not well set out for what I want.

Edited by QuinlanSaathis

I like smaller strongholds as well. My main was on Coruscant, then

and only recently I moved to Alderaan. Im already on 100% there. Though I dislike few things very much. There are not that many rooms, some are too small, some lack doors, stronghold exits are relatively far and it takes too much decorations to make it too 100%. That might also be the reason, why so few strongholds are listed publicly.

For sure I can say, that I will never be able to polish the Alderaan stronghold as much as I polished the one on Nar Shaddaa. So next one should be a city apartment on Zakuul, Mek-Sha or Corellia. Or a nice small estate (with a proper cliff view) on Lehon or Onderon. :)

Edited by Lukas_H

Bug squashing is always a priority... regardless of where the game is going (particularly if those plans are for the game to survive) …[...]!

:: Looks at game ::

:: Looks at you ::

:: Raises an eyebrow ::

:: Look back at game ::

:: Looks back at you ::

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, good one....

:: cries ::

Nothing wrong with the next SH being smaller, but why? Why don't you just unlock those rooms you want to use in any given SH und be done with it? Nobody pushes you to unlock them all?

Need a space station? Use the Rishi freighter up there and ignore the rest of the Rishi SH.

But then again, I am all for personal ship SHs. Let's combine those two systems and get them painted, decorated and filled with useful things. They are even quite small compared to Rishi, Yavin or Alderan :cool:

I'd like a smaller apartment on fleet where the most group requested activities are found. Yes the chat can become DK toxic, but if you're waiting for world boss groups, OP/FP pugs, or Shroud quests there's no other place to find those opportunities.

The reason that it would be better than sitting on fleet itself is because I'd have all amenities of the the stronghold close by. Appearance changer, cargos, GTN, droid vendors etc.

A space station feel with view of the fleet would be fine, and smaller than DK/Coruscant.

I want bugs fixed above all else, but I know that's not a priority for BW.

I also know a fleet SH will never happen because nobody would use their other strongholds. It would be like the weapon that sounds awesome and looks awesome. Nobody would buy the other ones.

Edited by Zerileth

I'd like a smaller apartment on fleet where the most group requested activities are found. Yes the chat can become DK toxic, but if you're waiting for world boss groups, OP/FP pugs, or Shroud quests there's no other place to find those opportunities.

The reason that it would be better than sitting on fleet itself is because I'd have all amenities of the the stronghold close by. Appearance changer, cargos, GTN, droid vendors etc.

A space station feel with view of the fleet would be fine, and smaller than DK/Coruscant.

I want bugs fixed above all else, but I know that's not a priority for BW.

I also know a fleet SH will never happen because nobody would use their other strongholds. It would be like the weapon that sounds awesome and looks awesome. Nobody would buy the other ones.

This is actually pretty cool idea. Most people are use to the toxic chat, so I think that wouldn't be much of an issue.

Also, regarding finding groups, check out to see if there's a universal chat channel that people use. On Star Forge, we have the Allies channel for both Republic and Imperial sides respectively. It's heavily and primarily used for finding groups. It's a great asset to use if you're not wanting to hang out on the Fleet.

I still want a personal starship stronghold. Not the same as our class-story starship, but something like the guild flagship, only priced and sized to an individual's means and needs.

One that we can move from system to system as the whim takes us.

A yacht, not a long range fighter.

Most of those who wanted Alderaan waited 3 years to get that one !

I'd settle for one similar to Coruscant … but with more of a space station feel to it. Add a large nice dome with a breath taking view....

... yeah I have to get my plug in when ever possible.

While we're doing plugs, let me mention the Zoo/Garage/Display-case "semi-stronghold" again. Not really a living space, but just somewhere to display your various collections like mounts, pets, companions, etc.

I too would like a smaller "home" stronghold similar in size to Coruscant. It could be done by just removing the faction requirements for DK and Coruscant, but RP/lore-wise that wouldn't be ideal. Maybe something of that sort of size on some neutral planet. (Onderon?)

Oh, and no perma-winter, or perma-rain, or perma-night, or moving train. Just a nice bright and sunny place to relax in.

But basically, I'm just going to keep Tatooine as my main SH.

Alderaan wouldn't be too bad if the arrival point things actually worked. But the rooms are too big and have poor hook layouts for bedrooms, etc.

Edited by JediQuaker

While we're doing plugs, let me mention the Zoo/Garage/Display-case "semi-stronghold" again. Not really a living space, but just somewhere to display your various collections like mounts, pets, companions, etc.

I too would like a smaller "home" stronghold similar in size to Coruscant. It could be done by just removing the faction requirements for DK and Coruscant, but RP/lore-wise that wouldn't be ideal. Maybe something of that sort of size on some neutral planet. (Onderon?)

Oh, and no perma-winter, or perma-rain, or perma-night, or moving train. Just a nice bright and sunny place to relax in.

But basically, I'm just going to keep Tatooine as my main SH.

Alderaan wouldn't be too bad if the arrival point things actually worked. But the rooms are too big and have poor hook layouts for bedrooms, etc.

There were several really nice suggestions made for the new Alderaan SH... unfortunately none of those seemed to make it into the final production / release.

I use:

** Manaan some ( would be better if the layouts for the underwater areas were larger )

** Tatooine more (but just too sprawled out for me personally … and I'm not too fond of the sand ! )

** Coruscant is nice but so noisy you can't hear your self think … (gets annoying after a while)

** Nar Shasaa …. I go there some times just for the entertainment ! (kind of a fun place to visit)

Yet... I'm like you with regards to looking for that "special" place to hang my hat … a little more like "home" in a SWTOR setting !

And just for fun .. let me add that the nice thing about the idea I have in mind:

** A few changes in the exoskeleton … and it's suited for BOTH LS and DS players !

I would suggest the chalet … but something tells me your not too hip on the idea of more snow !!

:D

Nothing wrong with the next SH being smaller, but why? Why don't you just unlock those rooms you want to use in any given SH und be done with it? Nobody pushes you to unlock them all?

Need a space station? Use the Rishi freighter up there and ignore the rest of the Rishi SH.

It's got nothing to do with whether you unlock all rooms or not; as a mad decorator myself I like to try to make my strongholds useable alternatives to the fleet/cantina for logging on/of. Secondary to that is to make the whole SH somewhere nice that people can come and explore, enjoy & get ideas. It used to be possible to do this with the larger ones, especially Rishi which I had separated into various areas (e.g. I used the Rishi freighter/ship as one of my characters main logging on/off points like a mini SH, the balcony overlook as another, the main entrance as yet another). Unfortunately this is no longer possible as the arrival terminals in all the large strongholds are broken so you can't set a character's entry point to a particular place in the stronghold any more. In Rishi, you default to the balcony regardless where you set your point. Rishi was my favourite stronghold but is now ruined because of this. Alderaan has the same issue which is a huge disappointment as I had planned on the main building being my new "base" but there's no working arrival point for it.

I think it was Charles Boyd of devdom who recently asked if we'd like to see a smaller stronghold. I definitely would - I have now gone back to using only the smaller ones for my characters - Dromund Kaas, Coruscant and Nar Shadaa (my favourite). Manaan's badly placed hooks make it irritating to decorate nicely to 100% (imo), the train should be wrecked (I had high hopes for it but found it to be awful) and other than Rishi which I spent many hours decorating, Yavin, Tatooine and now Alderaan (because of the bugs and I don't mean the Killiks) have all had their decorations lifted for use elsewhere.

My smaller strongholds seem to be popular with visitors, especially Nar Shadaa - there are always random people exploring mine.