Orbital Support Resetting

Gidrea

Orbital Support is resetting itself every day. I try to turn it back on, but it says it's already active... but it isn't.

They only way I can reactivate it is to fly to another planet, active support there, then fly back to the planet I want and activate it. All at a cost of credits, of course. :mad:

Known new bug?

We've had this for the last 3-4 weeks with our Republic guild ship but not our two on Imperial side. This week our Rep ship is playing nice and the Orbital Support option has remained enabled (Alderaan->Shining Star Cantina).

It does suck when it breaks since the process you describe is the only way to re-enable it and even then it sometimes does not remain enabled.

Edited by UlaVii

OK confirmed that it happens 100% of the time for my Republic guild ship when moved into orbit of Ossus. Here are the steps to recreate the bug:

• According to other replies this happens with both Republic and Imperial ships
  • Open the Flagship Command Console
  • Move ship into orbit of Ossus
  • Enable Orbital Support - Top right "Support Status" shows "Online"
  • Close the console
  • Log out
  • Log back in again and reopen the Flagship Command Console
  • Top right "Support Status" shows "Offline"
  • Bottom Orbital Support button is re-enabled
  • If you click it you get the usual "Do you want to spend 60k" popup
  • If you click Accept then you get yellow text in chat: "Orbital support is already active."
  • Traveling to the planet shows no Orbital Support buff
  • Screenshot of the console and text message

Edited by UlaVii
Changed note about it being Rep ships only since others have said it is happening to their Imp ships

OK confirmed that it happens 100% of the time for my Republic guild ship when moved into orbit of Ossus. Here are the steps to recreate the bug:

• Only happens with Republic guild ships
  • Close the console
  • Log out
  • If you click Accept then you get yellow text in chat: "Orbital support is already active."

We have the same but with imperial ship (already for long time, to clarify).

• Only happens with Republic guild ships
  • Close the console
  • Log out

I have had the same problem, The way i got around this was for at least 1 other person to be on the planet needing the orbital support.

Enable support on ship and then exit to planet So both (or more) people are there.

One person logs off and logs back on, then the other person does the same.

This seems to work for me, have done this twice now and worked and Orbital Support has stuck each time.

Edited by greenMne

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I'm on CZ-198. Orbital Support was working yesterday, but today I have the same bug. Orbital support shows as offline, yet when I try to activate it, it says it's already online. I'll try moving my ship and back.

• 9 months later...

Saw this today on imp side. Moved Guild Ship to Dantooine monday in preparation for the pirate event, had orbital support enabled, yet went back this morning on my first toon post reset and no buff, yet the ship said it was enabled. Moved the ship, got the notice that OS was removed from Dantooine. Moved it back, re-enabled it, and it worked fine for the time being.

Yet later in the day the buff was gone again on another toon, and had guildies online to confirm what I was seeing. GM moved the ship again, saw the alert, etc etc. Pub side was fine though with never an issue.

Edited by Kaveat

• 3 weeks later...

We've got this happening with both our Imp guilds and our Rep one. We moved our three guild ships to Voss and enabled Orbital Support a couple of weeks ago as we've been running weekly Nightmare Pilgrim kills. If I click the "Orbital Support" button I get the popup asking if I want to enable it and when I confirm that I get the yellow text saying it's already enabled. When I go planetside there is no Orbital Support buff.

Imp Location: Voss

Rep Location: Fleet

https://i.imgur.com/DHzSeMT.jpg

Edited by UlaVii

Did the old "move the ship to another location and back then re-enable Orbital Support" trick and that got it up and running again for the three guilds. It's been a long time since we had this bug and the only thing that we've done differently recently that relates to it is that we haven't moved the ships in a few weeks due to the weekly event we're running on Voss this month. Makes me think it might be a time based bug.

• 4 weeks later...

Today our Rep ship went into the broken state so the terminal says Orbital Support is offline but when we I try to click it nothing happens except a message in chat saying it's already enabled. The ship is at Fleet. If I go to Fleet there is no Orbital Support buff. I parked the ship there last Tuesday.

I moved our two Imp ships this Tuesday and both of them are still showing Orbital Support as active.

This again makes me think there's a time based factor involved.

• 2 months later...
Before the Tuesday reset I moved all three of our guild ships to Nar Shaddaa with the Promenade set as the exit point. I activated Orbital Support. Today our Rep guild and one Imp guild both lost Orbital Support. It's status showed as offline on the panel and no buff is displayed planet side but trying to click the button to enable it again says it is already online! I moved both the ships to another planet and then back to Nar Shaddaa and was then able to re-enable it.

• 1 year later...