New Subscriber Reward: Umbaran Patrol Tauntaun

DanielSteed

I really like this addition to the rewards

"Are you worried about not meeting the criteria for this promotion? Fear not! If you miss this promotional window, the Umbaran Patrol Tauntaun will return again in a future game update."

Hopefully that will stop all the arguing over the rewards now, even if you miss one right now.

"Are you worried about not meeting the criteria for this promotion? Fear not! If you miss this promotional window, the Umbaran Patrol Tauntaun will return again in a future game update."

Hopefully that will stop all the arguing over the rewards now, even if you miss one right now.

I didn't even notice that. Great addition. Makes things clear as day and will (hopefully!) diminish future arguments about sub rewards, at least the new ones.

A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one. :rak_04:

I also hope this addition will mean that past subscriber rewards will be re-released again. I'm still missing Shae Vizla and that broken speeder one and I'd like a chance at those again.

Edited by Talon_strikes

More likely it will *boost* the arguing about all the earlier rewards, on the basis that, "you did it for the UPT, why not for the X," and in any event, there will be a stream of complaints about "why not make it return now".

Living down to my forum alias, sorry.

Hey everyone!

Today we launched a new Subscriber reward, the Umbaran Patrol Tauntaun! Any Subscriber between today and February 29th will immediately receive the Mount via in-game mail.

I'm not gonna look a gift Tauntaun in the mouth, but just a recolored mount doesn't exactly inspire excitement in me here. It's like all those Astromech pets we keep getting for May the 4th: I'll take it, but it'll end up in my collection and never see the light of day.

More likely it will *boost* the arguing about all the earlier rewards, on the basis that, "you did it for the UPT, why not for the X," and in any event, there will be a stream of complaints about "why not make it return now".

I'm curious about that. If it's going to return in a future game update, I doubt it will be in the form of a sub reward again, because then some players who already have it would complain they aren't getting anything from that sub promotion.

I can only speculate that some new feature is being worked on to allow old promotional rewards to be obtainable by players who don't have them yet. Perhaps old sub rewards will get a special section on the CM(like the HK bonus chapter), and old in-game event rewards, such as from the DvL event, will become earnable through in-game achievements(like Darth Hexid) or through vendors at the cost of in-game earned currency(like the 2012 Chevin and Rakghoul Pandemic event rewards)?

Edited by Drenovade

Agreed ….

Casirabit is correct... but then again so are you. No need to apologize for the honest and (unfortunately ) accurate conclusion.

I personally appreciate the offered reward.

I'm not gonna look a gift Tauntaun in the mouth, but just a recolored mount doesn't exactly inspire excitement in me here. It's like all those Astromech pets we keep getting for May the 4th: I'll take it, but it'll end up in my collection and never see the light of day.

This is 1000% times better than the astromech pets. It's a mount. It's actually one of the better tauntauns (in my opinion) and a great idea. If they release other recolored mounts (a special rancor, varactyl or dais, for example) in the future, that could be a cool addition to the game.

Of course, if they merely release another tauntaun color again, then I would agree that it could get old fast.

I'm curious about that. If it's going to return in a future game update, I doubt it will be in the form of a sub reward again, because then some players who already have it would complain they aren't getting anything from that sub promotion.

I think you're right that it won't return as a "second bite at the cherry" sub reward offer, but instead by some other means.

Hi Daniel Steed, and Happy New Year.

This is a nice mount. Thanks!

I agree with you.

thank you! really enjoying this mount

and maybe this is the beginning of more (better) sub-rewards like it (I don't want another astromech EVER!)

and sub-rewards on a regular basis would be nice too, like every other month maybe?

Edited by Dekibra

Hopefully not released later as a subscriber reward and then they forget about the subscribers that already have it and are given nothing, like Nico and Shae.

No need to apologize. I know there will be some that will say that. Just trying to be positive, even though I know there will be (if there hasn't already) be some people that will find something to complain about this.