Class Changes in 6.1 - Feedback

EricMusco

So Musco you got your feedbacks so are you gonna ignore them all like you always do or actually do something and fix stupid things you dded in 6.0? Yeah you also asked feedback that time and also ignored them all what a legend.

While I think patch needs a lot more work, I want to point out that Musco is the community Manager not the dev. He can only pass on what is reported to him not act on it.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I think patch needs a lot more work, I want to point out that Musco is the community Manager not the dev. He can only pass on what is reported to him not act on it.

Problem is he doesnt do his job, first of all that he should gather feedbacks before even patch is started and pass them to devs and requird changes should start developement before useless community manager posts class changes for feedback. I dont know if you ever participated other games test servers but things works like this. You dont just ignore 3 months and try to get feedbacks in 2 weeks of pts, that feedback should be taken and should be implemented initial state so you can test them. I know nothing will change in pts state since bw doesnt have dev team to make big changes so in here they need a real community manager who can lead them right direction but they havea useless one so they dont know what to do. Problem is not taking feedback in 2 weeks of pts it is getting ready bfore that pts where a real community manager shines and musco like CM just sits on his ***. 8 years and he still has no idea about how CM does his job.

Really sad to not see ANY changes to the hatred spec for assassin. Currently squishiest thing in the game, lowest tier in pvp, and the 72 ability for assassins is laughable.

That said, I like the AP PT changes, I really wanted that shoulder cannon set to be useful cause I love those rockets.

Gotta say if these changes go through i'm not sure any people will take them seriously, most of the changes seems to be kneejerk reactions.

The sorc changes seem to be all aimed at lightning which i can kinda get they are in a amazing place right now but as it has been noted their are spec well and truely beating them but it seems that sorcs are again the whipping boy of the game and while lightning will be in a worse state they will still be decent for play where as poor madness will be just that madness for anyone trying to truely play it because the moment people see you trying to play it you will get kicked from everything, and the healing changes are just pathetic if that is what they truely think will bring them up to par with the others they are well and truely delusional.

For the powertech the meteor nerf if well and truely a PvP change and honestly it is a massive nerf why they can't just nerf it's damage on player i don't know but i can tell you that for PvE it will be a big nerf i don't see meny powertechs around as it is and this change is going to scare off most of the people lvling one as they are more then likely lvling one because they heard of the amazing power of the meteor set. As for the Veteran Ranger set just rework that thing already no one is going to use it other then for meme rocket builds.

The Operative changes again i have to ask why are you doing these changes, the Acid Lash is Conceals main tachial and you are nerfing it by 40% alright then are you going to nerf Deceptions Awakened Flame because that does way more damage then Acid Lash and Deception is in nearly the same spot as Concealment.

About the only change i can agree with is the fixes to gunslingers to bring them in line with the snipers and even then it isn't that big a change really.

Do you ever get in a warzone? You cannot be serious. These nerfs are warranted and even a bit lukewarm. The problem is theres more needed that aren't there yet.

Edited by Nemmar

Do you ever get in a warzone? You cannot be serious. These nerfs are warranted and even a bit lukewarm. The problem is theres more needed that aren't there yet.

If you play pvp in this game and haven't realized that deception sins and concealment ops are by far the best specs in the game, there is something seriously wrong with you.

This is all fine and dandy but can we get better descriptions on tacticals and set bonuses? I mean "increases effectiveness" is extremely vague. Is it 1% 2% 1x 2x 3x ? People need to be able to make informed decisions.

Also there 4 pieces are nearly all worthless. Combined however they could make useful "8 Piece" sets if you were to change amplified champion from the additional Amplifier to "Reduces number of pieces required for set bonuses by 1 minimum 3 pieces." The combinations probably would never be on par with 6 piece bonuses but could provide unique customization people could use for specific Scenarios.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Thank you for the feedback so far, keep it coming! A couple of changes that we are going to make based on your feedback. First, we are not going to make any of the listed Sorc / Sage changes in 6.1. These changes are part of larger changes that are coming for healers, however, as many of you pointed out it has knock on effects for DPS as well. For this reason we are going to hold those changes until a future patch when the rest of the changes are planned.

Second, we have one additional quality of life change for Marauders and Sentinels coming in 6.1:

Marauder

Carnage

• The Fanged God Form tactical item now only removes the Hyper Buff when a damaging ability other than Massacre is used (previously the buff was removed on any ability other than Massacre, not just damaging abilities).

Sentinel

Combat

• The Fanged God Form tactical item now only removes the Hyper Buff when a damaging ability other than Blade Rush is used (previously the buff was removed on any ability other than Blade Rush, not just damaging abilities).

Thanks.

-eric

Hey folks,

Thank you for the feedback so far, keep it coming! A couple of changes that we are going to make based on your feedback. First, we are not going to make any of the listed Sorc / Sage changes in 6.1. These changes are part of larger changes that are coming for healers, however, as many of you pointed out it has knock on effects for DPS as well. For this reason we are going to hold those changes until a future patch when the rest of the changes are planned.

Second, we have one additional quality of life change for Marauders and Sentinels coming in 6.1:

Marauder

Carnage

• The Fanged God Form tactical item now only removes the Hyper Buff when a damaging ability other than Massacre is used (previously the buff was removed on any ability other than Massacre, not just damaging abilities).

Sentinel

Combat

• The Fanged God Form tactical item now only removes the Hyper Buff when a damaging ability other than Blade Rush is used (previously the buff was removed on any ability other than Blade Rush, not just damaging abilities).

Thanks.

-eric

Thank you. The most reasonable thing would be a small buff to madness and leave the rest of Sorc dps as is.

Hey folks,

Marauder

Carnage

Sentinel

Combat

Thanks.

-eric

When can we expect the VG/PT Tank Oil Fire tactical bug to be addressed? It is currently giving 2% armor per stack instead of DR making it functionally useless.

Thank you for listening! I'm pleasantly surprised.

Please fix the vents and tactical swapping.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

Hey folks,

Marauder

Carnage

Sentinel

Combat

Thanks.

-eric

And healers are yet again left guessing and wondering where your meta is going to leave us. Giving us details about targets and stuff now would allow us to give you constructive feedback which could actually be taken onboard.

When can we expect the VG/PT Tank Oil Fire tactical bug to be addressed? It is currently giving 2% armor per stack instead of DR making it functionally useless.

I agree oil fire needs to be fixed. Also make it function on riot gas only. how about making ward of continuum actually worth taking? Reverting ancient tome to DR instead if shield/absorb fluff? Frankly, please give some love to tanking tacticals and setbonuses? They're not exactly stellar

I agree oil fire needs to be fixed. Also make it function on riot gas only. how about making ward of continuum actually worth taking? Reverting ancient tome to DR instead if shield/absorb fluff? Frankly, please give some love to tanking tacticals and setbonuses? They're not exactly stellar

Agree most tank tacticals and sets aren't great. Each tank class seems to have one saving grace set up tho, but it's not good for everything. That said, I think ward of continuum is very good and very underated by people. 5 extra absorb stacks is useful and 3% defense is nice as well. The tactical plays to the classes strength which is having the strongest mitigation to make up for the lowest DR.

Doubt the devs read this but here's my ideas for VG tacticals

Thermal screen: Either give it a 10s CD reduction to power yield or an extra 1% per stack on shield enhancers. As it is this tactical is kinda bland.

Oil fire: At the very least fix it. Preferably add in that it extends riot gas duration by 10 seconds or atleast remove the double requirement of having both riot gas and ion storm effect the enemies to work.

Hotswap: Honestly this tactical much like the ability it's built around is just a poor design. It ends up being more annoying then useful 99% of the time. Wish you guys would consider giving us a different tactical this ones just wasted

While I'm at it, can we make the Sonic Heal tactical less pitiful? It heals for 900...did you guys forget a 0? I think 9k would be a good baseline for 70 content and then for Dxun like 15k.

You guys were nerfing the Gathering Storm DPS set bonus because of healers using it? That doesn't make any sense at all, and even if they were using it, Merc and Operative healers get way more use out of the Concentrated Fire and Tactician set bonuses which the DPS also use. It seems to me that the right solution would be to have the Gathering Storm set bonus fully work for Sorc Healers by making Force Speed and Polarity Shift increase healing done as well as damage or make it so that the Concentrated Fire and Tactician set bonuses are equally less viable for healers.

Right now the biggest disparity between sorc heals and the other two classes comes from the fact that the set bonus and tacticals are so much worse for sorc.

While I'm pleasantly surprised that you guys didn't go through with the GS nerfs, now I'm left with the question of what made you decide to nerf it because of healers. You guys are aware that sorcs are easily considered the worst pve healer and noticeably behind mercs for pvp and probably a little behind operatives? Why nerf gathering storm and hurt lightning/mass if the change is directed at healers. Why not just buff revitalized mystic and give healers better tacticals instead?

While I'm pleasantly surprised that you guys didn't go through with the GS nerfs, now I'm left with the question of what made you decide to nerf it because of healers. You guys are aware that sorcs are easily considered the worst pve healer and noticeably behind mercs for pvp and probably a little behind operatives? Why nerf gathering storm and hurt lightning/mass if the change is directed at healers. Why not just buff revitalized mystic and give healers better tacticals instead?

It does seem strange. And what about the 18% decrease in damage reduction when barrier ends? I thought their goal was to overall buff healers, but these things would nerf healers and dps alike.

Hey folks,

Thanks.

-eric

Good to hear it and I hope you will buff Balance/Madness spec for single target, and if you give us new save ability instead useless new 6.0 skill or buff any defence I will be really happy.

Nice sentinel/marauder change! It will remove the annoying restrictions from the tactical while keeping the ones important to class balance.

And I have to say, kudos on rolling back the change to sage/sorcs. I was not a fan but I deliberately didn't post my opinion because I thought nothing would make BW change their minds about it. It's pleasing and humbling to be proven wrong.

Edited by Estelindis

First, we are not going to make any of the listed Sorc / Sage changes in 6.1. These changes are part of larger changes that are coming for healers, however, as many of you pointed out it has knock on effects for DPS as well.

So you realized that Madness still exists? Good.

Now buff Madness and give Corruption better tacticals. It´s been 3 months.

Edited by Ahwassa