Missing credits gtn in my mail, been hours

ShieldProtection

Mailbox is bugged again? I sold things on gtn like yesterday however many of mails does not include my credits, some of them includes some of them does not,

anyone having this problem?

Have you read those messages carefully? Because the way it works is, immediately upon sale of the item, you receive one email notifying you of the sale, and telling you that you will receive the creds in an hour. Then after the hour is up, the first message vanishes from your Inbox, and you receive another with the creds attached.

Is it possible this is what is happening to you? I personally have found the system to function flawlessly.

If your mailbox is doing what my mailbox is doing, it's just a display error. When something sells on the GTN, you'll receive a message informing you that it sold. An hour later, you'll receive another message with the attached credits. What *usually* happens is the message with attached credits will replace the information-only message. For some reason, it's keeping both. I have a number of paired (time-wise) messages in my mailbox, and each pair contains one message that says "Soandso bought your thingy for blahblah credits, you'll receive your asking price in about in one hour" and another message saying "Soandso (the same character name) bought your thingy, attached is your asking price of blahblah credits, less tax." (paraphrased)

Take a look at the messages again, because the ones that appear to be missing credits very likely have the same purchaser listed in a message within the same timeframe that contains/contained credits. The system is just forgetting to delete the info message when the credit-containing message arrives.

My mailbox if that illustrates it better. Each of those timed pairs have the same purchaser for the same item, and the empty messages just didn't delete themselves the way they're meant to.

Edit: This may be harder for you to verify after the fact, because the messages with attached credits *are* properly deleting themselves when you remove the credits, while the info-only messages persist despite being read. You'd have to spot it on a new set of messages. I wasn't missing any credits from sales, though, so don't panic too much about it! :)

Edited by Kayahni

it is completely broken now, I see 8-9 hours text on my mail without credits in it, I'm not stupid I know how mailbox and gtn works. It is broken and my credits are not arrive. I sold another batch of things today on gtn and some of them arrived however many of them arrived without credits. I also noticed when I click new mail text inside mailbox I get another "you got new mail" message pop up on chat without any new mail arrive.

BioWare, you are basically stealing my credits, fix it please, I'm going to send a bug report in game.

Hey folks,

The team is looking into these reports. I'll let you know when I know more.

-eric

Eric, I also have a completely empty Costumer Support ticket made in 2018 and last modified today 2020, there is no text in it, not even a title, and it is already closed. I take it this is just a bug, just wanted to let you know, ı hope everything is okay, ticket number is 33762895 if that helps

Yeah, I've been wondering what the hell is with all the empty messages. I lost nothing, as far as I can tell, but it seems every item that sells creates double email for it.

When you sell something on the GTN, you do indeed get two emails. One is essentially a clock counting down the time within the hour until you will receive your credits for the sale. This email is otherwise empty, and basically a notice that the item sold.

The second email appears once that hour is up, and contains the credits you got from the sale.

Edited by xordevoreaux

When you sell something on the GTN, you do indeed get two emails. One is essentially a clock counting down the time within the hour until you will receive your credits for the sale. This email is otherwise empty, and basically a notice that the item sold.

The second email appears once that hour is up, and contains the credits you got from the sale.

I have like 10 second emails now in my mailbox without credits in it. "will arrive upon one hour" yet there is 8-9 hours time on the mail itself. Meaning credits are missing due to a bug yet time are passed.

I have like 10 second emails now in my mailbox without credits in it. "will arrive upon one hour" yet there is 8-9 hours time on the mail itself. Meaning credits are missing due to a bug yet time are passed.

I highly doubt that you are missing anything, the mails that you are seeing are the first ones that you got they should have been deleted when your Credits arrived but weren't, that is the bug. You said yourself in your OP that some mails had the credits.

Everyone in this Thread, myself included, who checked carefully found that all Credits did indeed arrive in the second mail but the "you get it in one hour" mails are simply not deleted until you do it by hand. That means that if you collected all attachments from your mail only the "you get it in one hour" mails remain.

Personally I listed 16 Copies of the same Item yesterday, today when I logged into my GTN Character the UI showed 16 new mails but when I opened the mailbox there were actually 32 mails, 16 with Credits and 16 without all of them were already several hours old at that time.

• Dev Post
I highly doubt that you are missing anything, the mails that you are seeing are the first ones that you got they should have been deleted when your Credits arrived but weren't, that is the bug. You said yourself in your OP that some mails had the credits.

Everyone in this Thread, myself included, who checked carefully found that all Credits did indeed arrive in the second mail but the "you get it in one hour" mails are simply not deleted until you do it by hand. That means that if you collected all attachments from your mail only the "you get it in one hour" mails remain.

Personally I listed 16 Copies of the same Item yesterday, today when I logged into my GTN Character the UI showed 16 new mails but when I opened the mailbox there were actually 32 mails, 16 with Credits and 16 without all of them were already several hours old at that time.

Hey folks,

Circling back I want to confirm that what hof_th stated above is what our investigation is seeing as well. From what we can tell so far everyone did in fact receive their credits as intended. What happened is that an issue with our mail server was causing the first mail you receive (no credits, just a note of the sale) was not expiring out of your mailbox as it should have. That issue should now be resolved as well.

We are still triple checking everything to ensure that is the case and that no one is missing anything. I will report back as I hear more.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

Except when I listed 10 items yesterday and then logged in today the UI showed 2 messages and when I checked my mailbox I not only had 2 messages with credits but also 8 empty ones confirming sales

My listing is empty so these other 8 items have definitely been sold but the credits never arrived

Edit: also I always open these one by one so I'm sure I only got credits for 2 out of 10 items

Edited by MuffinVelocity

This is not the case for me. My mailbox has been malfunctioning since the new year.. I listed items to sell.. and got a lot of emails that had no credits attached to them. It basically said you sold blah blah for 300,000 and here are your credits and there was no credits attached to the mails. This happened many times that day.. and it was NOT the initial mail messages that said you'd get your credits in an hour. So, I saved all the messages that did not have credits attached. Then I logged on the next day and all the saved messages were gone. Tried to update my ticket to tell them this & it it kept saying there was and error and I could not update my ticket. Then today I look and I have things sold and I did get the credits, but now it's not telling me me what sold. Instead of saying you sold blah blah for 300,000 it says.. an item you listed on the GTN sold for 300,000. So, my mail has been quite glitchy. :mad:

Then today I look and I have things sold and I did get the credits, but now it's not telling me me what sold. Instead of saying you sold blah blah for 300,000 it says.. an item you listed on the GTN sold for 300,000.

That's unfortunately normal since there was a maintenance yesterday and the system "forgot" what exactly you sold.

It actually forgets who and what, after Maintenance the mail usually reads:

"Someone has purchased the item you put up for sale on the GTN. Attached is your asking price and deposit, less the Galactic Trade Network's commission."

As far as I recall it's been that way since I started playing 5 years ago, though I try not to have any listings during maintenance, you never know what gets broken durring them.

Edited by hof_th

• 1 year later...
Same here! I sold Visas Mar's set for 50 million, got the mail saying it was sold but I waited for hours and never received the credits. This is the first item that ever did this. This issue needs to be fixed or we the players that never received their credits should either get their money or the stuff they sold. This is unacceptable... We should not suffer because of a game bug!