Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Celebrate Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Orderís Launch

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Celebrate Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Orderís Launch
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ylliarus
11.13.2019 , 09:14 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
Another mini-pet might be nice, but I think celebrating what may very well be the final nail in Star War's coffin, is not something I want to do. 😕
I can only hope that SWTOR can actually survive.
I don't know about you, but from what I have seen and heard, Fallen Order is slated to be a success. Seriously, people are very excited for it and happy with it. Also, Star Wars is not in a coffin and won't be for years to come. You really think they'd be milking this franchise as much as they do if it didn't generate a lot of revenue? As much as some doomsayers are professing it, Star Wars is not dead nor will it be anytime soon. SWTOR will easily survive, seeing as how happy and content EA reportedly is with the money it makes off of the game.
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]
SWTOR Player since November 25th, 2012
And here is my referral link!

Xina_LA
11.13.2019 , 09:36 AM | #22
So cute, I love it! Hopefully it will make a good decoration, too.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

BlastBoomArt
11.13.2019 , 09:37 AM | #23
Aww~ it's super cute! Can't wait for the little guy

On the topic of Fallen Order; though, I have to say I was really disappointed. It looks like a good game and I'm sure lots of people will be very happy with it! But personally, I was dissapointed with the protagonist.

He looks like every other poster-boy Jedi. Couldn't we maybe play as an alien? Or even just give us the option of playing as a male or female? Heck, even just a slider for skin-tone if you don't have the budget for a male and female voice actor.

If the protagonist was a part of the dev team's artistic vision, that's cool. I have zero problem with that. I'm not even suggesting that the protag of Fallen Order should be changed. I think Fallen Order knows it's audience, and I'm just not it. That's absolutely fine. All kinds of games should exist!

Just wanted to put it out there that having options is great and it makes playing an rpg so much more immersive for someone like me. That's why SWTOR is by far my favourite game! I can be a woman of any race, an alien, gay, straight, a hero or a villain. Whatever I want in a galaxy of endless possibilities. That was always the magic of Star Wars for me, at least~
-
"You have chosen the lonely path. The Jedi teach denial of self. That is their weakness. No sentient can long abide that." - Saes Rrogon
May the force ever serve you.

Suzsi
11.13.2019 , 10:32 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by BlastBoomArt View Post
Aww~ it's super cute! Can't wait for the little guy

On the topic of Fallen Order; though, I have to say I was really disappointed. It looks like a good game and I'm sure lots of people will be very happy with it! But personally, I was dissapointed with the protagonist.

He looks like every other poster-boy Jedi. Couldn't we maybe play as an alien? Or even just give us the option of playing as a male or female? Heck, even just a slider for skin-tone if you don't have the budget for a male and female voice actor.

If the protagonist was a part of the dev team's artistic vision, that's cool. I have zero problem with that. I'm not even suggesting that the protag of Fallen Order should be changed. I think Fallen Order knows it's audience, and I'm just not it. That's absolutely fine. All kinds of games should exist!

Just wanted to put it out there that having options is great and it makes playing an rpg so much more immersive for someone like me. That's why SWTOR is by far my favourite game! I can be a woman of any race, an alien, gay, straight, a hero or a villain. Whatever I want in a galaxy of endless possibilities. That was always the magic of Star Wars for me, at least~
-
I've gotten so tired of being forced to play male protags in games that I refuse to play any that don't have a choice anymore.

-

~~ Always looking for more Theron Shan and Aric romance. ~~

Goreshaga
11.13.2019 , 11:00 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzsi View Post
I've gotten so tired of being forced to play male protags in games that I refuse to play any that don't have a choice anymore.
Same.

Especially when there's a forced romance with a woman you don't want your character to touch.
I remember being so frustrated while playing Prince of Persia Sands of Time, watching that idiot falling for that awfull Farah while not being able to do anything thinking "moron, she's playing you, she'll betray you"
Then they do the thing and next morning she leaves him pretty much naked with no weapon to defend himself from those sand zombies...
How i hated that useless woman, who was shooting arrows in his bottom while he was fighting, and when she was calling for help while fightin 1 guy while i was busy with 4 of them... And of course if she died that was game over... I ended up killing her myself sometimes
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters

Shulot
11.13.2019 , 11:03 AM | #26
That pet is really cute. Looking forward to getting it and hoping Fallen Order has a good run.

But, I have one question about the pet, is this account wide or just one character per account?

Thanks.

Storm-Cutter
11.13.2019 , 12:24 PM | #27
Is that it? Just a mini-pet.

There should have been another expansion to go with a movie release. - A suite of planets from the film, ( (Ahch-To or Krait for instance ) a sideline story, something to give the flavour of the struggle, a PVP map a GSF scenario and tons of outfits, lots of new character races, new companions - like a BB8 unit .... and lots of juicy advertising for the game.

But no. Mini pet.....nothing more. Pffft!

I really think they miss a trick here..... Time and again. SMH
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

EricMusco
11.13.2019 , 04:29 PM | #28 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Shulot View Post
That pet is really cute. Looking forward to getting it and hoping Fallen Order has a good run.

But, I have one question about the pet, is this account wide or just one character per account?

Thanks.
It is account wide. Similar to other promotional items once you qualify (so just logging in) you will then receive a mail on any current or new character which contains the mini-pet.

Thanks!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

JennyFlynn
11.13.2019 , 04:42 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
It is account wide. Similar to other promotional items once you qualify (so just logging in) you will then receive a mail on any current or new character which contains the mini-pet.

Thanks!

-eric
Slightly OT but it would be nice if you guys would just, create a Collections section for this sort of stuff instead of me having to spend half an hour digging through 44 mails on new characters to activate all mounts and pets, and deleting stuff I don't care for.
--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | Defying Destiny | SWTOR Prompt Oneshots @}}>---}-------

BlastBoomArt
11.13.2019 , 05:46 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzsi View Post
Honestly, yeah. That's why I won't be buying Fallen Order, despite how big of a Star Wars fan I am.

I think all kinds of games should exist, even ones that only have a guy as the protagonist. But it does get to be pretty disheartening when it seems like that's all there is, and you rarely get to see yourself represented in your favourite media.

I actually broke down and cried in the theatre as the credits rolled the first time I saw The Force Awakens. (much to the amusement of the people sitting infront of me lol) It just felt so amazing and overwhelming to finally see myself as a protagonist in a franchise that I care so much about.

This is honestly the reason I love Bioware's games so much. They've certainly got their flaws as a company, but they create these massive worlds that I can completely lose myself in and never make me feel like an outsider watching someone else's story unfold. Bioware's games make me feel like it's MY story.
-
"You have chosen the lonely path. The Jedi teach denial of self. That is their weakness. No sentient can long abide that." - Saes Rrogon
May the force ever serve you.