Deconstruction does not provide Augmentation Slot Components anymore

Farbauti_GER

When I now deconstruct "Grade 10" materials, I no longer get Augmentation Slot Components MK-10.

I want to deconstruct 110x "Iridescent Bondar Synth Bonded Attachments".

These used to provide "Augmentation Slot Components MK-10" one-to-one.

So I expected to get 110 "Augmentation Slot Components MK-10".

But when deconstruction is done, I get some crafting materials but not a single "Augmentation Slot Components MK-10".

Meanwhile I burned about 500 "Iridescent Bondar Synth Bonded Attachments" for nothing.

First I didn't realize this bug. And the last 110 where spend on this test, creating the screenshots.

This is really frustrating.

a) Please fix this bug immediately

b) I'd like to see some kind of refund for the destroyed "Iridescent Bondar Synth Bonded Attachments"

Farbauti.

I heard, it only works any longer if you make the Bonded Attachments directly into your inventory.

If you retrieve Bonded Attachments from the stash back into your inventory, it fails.

Hey Farbauti, thanks for the tip.

I'm having the same problem too.

-----

Yep, confirmed. Your tip works, Farbauti. I'm now getting the components.

Thanks Man!

Edited by Maxarmstrong
added new info

• 4 months later...

I have also lost a few hundred [iridescent Bondar Synth Bonded Attachment]'s that I pulled from the new Materials inventory and deconstructed -- before I figured out that you can only get the MK-10 components for deconstructing ones that have NEVER been in Materials inventory, just you personal toon inventory. This is a MAJOR bug. I would expect this to get fixed ASAP. But given that it has been 5-6 months there, I am not holing my breadth. Thx a lot BioWare!

A disgusted 8+ year subscriber!

• 6 months later...

Similarly lost (traded to scrap) 70 Prototype Duranium Arms Assembly Component :(

p.s.

And by the way, they weren't in the vault. They were put up for auction, returned as not sold and it was decided to break them.

EA, are you turning your "royal" attention to serious bugs or just visual flaws like a flair of a different color squaring portals, extra signs in the field or crooked pants?

With all respect and veneration, O Great!:jawa_angel:

Edited by Stervo

• 3 months later...

Late to this thread but I've tried to deconstruct to get mats for mk-10 , mk-11. Any mat having touched my materials inventory won't work.

Another interesting development.

When opening a satchel, the mats go directly to material inventory not my bag. I can't find a way around this either. So any Prototype or Premium I need to deconstruct - you guessed it - won't work.

If this isn't in the correct thread I apologize. I'll find another way to communicate to GMs. But if it is in right place, good god why hasn't it been fixed??

• 1 year later...
On 1/12/2021 at 6:35 PM, Princess_Ruth said:

Late to this thread but

, good god why hasn't it been fixed??

i'm not sure  tbqh, unless it requires some massive CODE refactoring or redesign.  :confused:  However  i'm hoping  @CommunityTeam can now add  this longstanding BUG  to the current 'Known Issues' list   please...?

Also, here is an old related thread: https://forums.swtor.com/topic/793270-synthweaving-reverse-engineering

And, more importantly, here is the old work-a-round from another thread:  https://forums.swtor.com/topic/890898-augmentation-slot-component-mk-11/?do=findComment&comment=9618008   ...which thankfully still works ( just re-tested myself ) .

• Thanks 2

DISCLAIMER: Some speculation is involved, but my developer's head(1) can't see any other explanation.

Most probably, the problem arises from the Materials Storage just storing one counter per type of item, showing how many of that material / base component you have in there.

Because it doesn't show *who* made them, the game currently assumes that they weren't made by *this* character's crew, and as a consequence it won't let this character obtain aug kit components from the deconstruction.

Workaround: (not speculation, it really works) Grab them from the mat storage and craft just one more with the stack in your inventory.  The extra one adds the "crafted by this character's crew" flag to the *whole* stack, and you can then deconstruct the whole stack for aug kit components.

(1) The one people have been paying me to use since 1989.

1 hour ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Workaround: (not speculation, it really works)

i already posted the work-a-round in my above reply ^^ https://forums.swtor.com/topic/888545-deconstruction-does-not-provide-augmentation-slot-components-anymore/?do=findComment&comment=9730381  ...  unless you're talking about a different  situation?  ( or some wrinkle  within the same issue? )

1 hour ago, Nee-Elder said:

i already posted the work-a-round in my above reply ^^ https://forums.swtor.com/topic/888545-deconstruction-does-not-provide-augmentation-slot-components-anymore/?do=findComment&comment=9730381  ...  unless you're talking about a different  situation?  ( or some wrinkle  within the same issue? )

Fair enough, although I posted the actual workaround rather than "it's in that other thread"...

27 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Fair enough, although I posted the actual workaround rather than "it's in that other thread"...

ok you win the forums then Steve :ph_lol:

Did it ever occur to you that i linked to the other thread to provide better context (for both BioWare & Community) AND to give proper credit to it's original poster?

jeez  smh

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: some people won't ever change, nor look past their own personal need.

3 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

2 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

1 hour ago, Nee-Elder said:

ok you win the forums then Steve :ph_lol:

Did it ever occur to you that i linked to the other thread to provide better context (for both BioWare & Community) AND to give proper credit to it's original poster?

jeez  smh

My word are you two actually competing for WHO posted the workaround FIRST? Really.....

Edited by denavin
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Alexandrozingsw said:

nah the bag is legacy wide so it just need to track the number of "legacy crafted" things, not even the who-crafted-dis tag

Except that the "who crafted this" tag is part of the puzzle because you can only get kit components from items *this* character crafted.