Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

State of the Galaxy Article Before Onslaught?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
State of the Galaxy Article Before Onslaught?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mevan
10.19.2019 , 08:01 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by CharlesBoyd View Post
TBH, with all of the branching we're introducing in this story, I have no idea how we'll cleanly present a State of the Galaxy article later on, but that's a good question... for another time
Updated information on the various elements of the organisations that aren't involved would be better than nothing tbh. Does the Corellian Jedi Order still exist? What's the state of the Rift Alliance worlds? What's the situation on Alderaan? Taris? Honestly clarification on those sorts of things would be great. It's all well and good knowing what's going on in the thick of things, but background updates would be awesome.

And it would stop the big names in the RP community trying to force their own preferred interpretation of the lore on those who don't have their political sway. I've seen several individuals mocked and berated for playing Green Jedi because the personality cult leaders say they don't exist any more, and if they say they don't exist, everyone else is expected to go along with it.

ceryxp
10.19.2019 , 08:23 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Mevan View Post
Updated information on the various elements of the organisations that aren't involved would be better than nothing tbh. Does the Corellian Jedi Order still exist? What's the state of the Rift Alliance worlds? What's the situation on Alderaan? Taris? Honestly clarification on those sorts of things would be great. It's all well and good knowing what's going on in the thick of things, but background updates would be awesome.

And it would stop the big names in the RP community trying to force their own preferred interpretation of the lore on those who don't have their political sway. I've seen several individuals mocked and berated for playing Green Jedi because the personality cult leaders say they don't exist any more, and if they say they don't exist, everyone else is expected to go along with it.
Since the story is heading back to Corellia with 6.0 we're likely to find out their fate and any debate can be settled.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

Mevan
10.19.2019 , 08:26 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
Since the story is heading back to Corellia with 6.0 we're likely to find out their fate and any debate can be settled.
Hopefully, aye. There's evidence already, but conclusive proof would be fantastic for validating Green Jedi in RP.

CharlesBoyd
10.21.2019 , 09:49 AM | #24 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
The Green Jedi definitely still exist
Charles Boyd | Creative Director
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Bengartrell
10.21.2019 , 10:15 AM | #25
Guess that answers your questions. Thanks Charles.

McBaal
10.21.2019 , 12:47 PM | #26
But i remember my Wrath causing havoc and destruction among them, he didn't leave any survivors at all! Must be some casual Jedi survivors going all "green powaaaaa!" to hide from the empire. Fools...

Pietrastor
10.21.2019 , 01:42 PM | #27
TBH, with all of the branching we're introducing in this story, I have no idea how we'll cleanly present a State of the Galaxy article later on, but that's a good question... for another time
Major "last expansion" red flag right here. 'Cause you know, Bioware ain't exactly known for true branching and when you guys actually do it, it's only when you basically know you won't have to follow up on C&Cs (i.e. state of Milky Way at the end of ME3)

So yeah, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
My referral link (7 days sub free) - http://www.swtor.com/r/fK5gsH

Mevan
10.21.2019 , 01:53 PM | #28
Awesome! Good to know!

Rekar
10.21.2019 , 02:25 PM | #29
Found out something new about the new operation

Spoiler