Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Welcome to Phase 3 PTS

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
10.11.2019 , 10:10 AM | #151 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey all,

Ok here is a recap of some of the changes coming to crafting for 6.0 (beyond what you have seen on PTS).
  • Dramatically reduced the credit cost of the supplemental crafting materials on vendors.
  • Crew Skill Mission times reduced by approximately 30%.
  • Crafting times for combining materials has been reduced by approximately 30%.
  • Materials required to craft Premium quality items has been reduced. Specifically, it no longer requires the Conquest crafting material and lowered the overall mat requirements.
  • Reduced the overall crafting material requirements for crafted Set Bonuses and Tactical items.

One other note as well since I know there has been concern around material costs. Although the costs are higher players should be seeing a much higher in-flow of materials as well. If you are only doing Crew Skill Missions and nothing else it may feel slower though. However you will receive supplementary materials from playing content (such as boss kills) as well as via Jawa Scrap which you will receive from all deconstruction. For players who are actively harvesting materials we actually expect that you will be able to craft even faster than you could previously (due to a large in-flow of materials). As always, please keep any and all feedback coming. If what I stated above is not what you have been seeing then more changes may be necessary.

Thanks all.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

CracownA
10.11.2019 , 10:21 AM | #152
Please just don't make the 6.0 happen... you can let the story go but leave the gearing stuff be

Metthew
10.11.2019 , 10:23 AM | #153
Just a reminder that regular purple augments (+108) should not have conquest crafting costs attached to them either. It may be OK for the gold augments (which are Mastery only right now, but will hopefully have tertiary stat versions soon).
Erhart / Wilhemine | Darth Malgus | <Take a Seat>

OlBuzzard
10.11.2019 , 10:25 AM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey all,

Ok here is a recap of some of the changes coming to crafting for 6.0 (beyond what you have seen on PTS).
  • Dramatically reduced the credit cost of the supplemental crafting materials on vendors.
  • Crew Skill Mission times reduced by approximately 30%.
  • Crafting times for combining materials has been reduced by approximately 30%.
  • Materials required to craft Premium quality items has been reduced. Specifically, it no longer requires the Conquest crafting material and lowered the overall mat requirements.
  • Reduced the overall crafting material requirements for crafted Set Bonuses and Tactical items.

One other note as well since I know there has been concern around material costs. Although the costs are higher players should be seeing a much higher in-flow of materials as well. If you are only doing Crew Skill Missions and nothing else it may feel slower though. However you will receive supplementary materials from playing content (such as boss kills) as well as via Jawa Scrap which you will receive from all deconstruction. For players who are actively harvesting materials we actually expect that you will be able to craft even faster than you could previously (due to a large in-flow of materials). As always, please keep any and all feedback coming. If what I stated above is not what you have been seeing then more changes may be necessary.

Thanks all.

-eric
Thank You

I don't suppose you would care to offer similar help in the acquisition of gear. That would primarily be related to vendor purchases. The rest of the game RNG stuff .. I think we get that (even if we don't approve).

BUT... it just seems appropriate to me to give one last hard look at the vendor for gear. I would personally prefer to pay a little more (and know what I'm getting) than just throwing tons of tech fragments out the window.

Note: this is not a rant ! Not going thermal on you. Just asking for one last review on this subject.

EDIT: I"m in game (running a PF).... So I'll keep this short: perhaps one of each styled vendor: One (as it is now that is RNG... no changes necessary) and one vendor that is NOT RNG based. That way both worlds are available ?

I'm just looking for a place were we can both meet and agree !

Thank You
Best Regards
Ol Buzzard
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

supercometl
10.11.2019 , 10:43 AM | #155
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
Thank You
BUT... it just seems appropriate to me to give one last hard look at the vendor for gear. I would personally prefer to pay a little more (and know what I'm getting) than just throwing tons of tech fragments out the window.

Note: this is not a rant ! Not going thermal on you. Just asking for one last review on this subject.

EDIT: I"m in game (running a PF).... So I'll keep this short: perhaps one of each styled vendor: One (as it is now that is RNG... no changes necessary) and one vendor that is NOT RNG based. That way both worlds are available ?
Honestly that vendor is fine. If you go an gear normally the idea is that you are gearing up 70-80% then going to the vendor for the stuff that didn't drop, which should be just about right. Then run a bunch of FP and junk to get the mods you need. For most players any mod works, but for min-max you might need to run more junk to get to the right level of mod.

To me the bigger vendor issue are the set bonus/tactical vendors. The 1 mil credits thing is too high, at least for set pieces. Tacticals it is probably about right, maybe up it to 1.25 mil or 1.5 mil if they drop the set pieces. Also the cap on shards since you will be getting more shards than you will credits if you are gearing.
Thank you for coming to my TedTalk
(Just putting this referral here don't mind me)

http://www.swtor.com/r/hPpDpW

Bidli
10.11.2019 , 10:48 AM | #156
For players who are actively harvesting materials we actually expect that you will be able to craft even faster than you could previously (due to a large in-flow of materials).
-eric

So I've been running around Onderon on Wednesday for Archaeology mats (harvesting planets was a huge income of mats for me during both 4.0 and 5.0) and ye, i was able to get some but it was droping way more purple and blue mats and I needed green to even start some crafting in the first place.. I also noticed quite some amount of nodes being stuck under the ground leaving them unobtainable. Mek-sha was afaik fine in this regard

Flying-Brian
10.11.2019 , 10:58 AM | #157

However you will receive supplementary materials from playing content (such as boss kills) as well as via Jawa Scrap which you will receive from all deconstruction.
Thanks all.
-eric
Eric, unless the jawa scrap via deconstruction is increased by x1000, saying buying materials with it is a big F'U to all the players.

Please re-read the crafting feedback, where it is pointed out that it takes millions upon millions of jawa scrap to buy enough materials for even basic crafting for a single character (like just making 14 mk-11 augment kits, to outfit a single character).

I see nothing on that list about reducing the materials needed craft basic grade 11 components. Those needed to be adjusted to how every other grade has worked, which is 2/2/2, not 10/10/10, then x by 3-8 to make the next tier.

This is the single most requested feedback that has been constant from everyone. Please listen to this feedback.

xmarcusprimex
10.11.2019 , 11:09 AM | #158
Hi! I am trying to do the Phase 3 achievements, but I can't seem to find it in my Achievements Tracker. Phase 2 is there and complete, but I can not find anything that says Phase 3. Is this going to be an issue preventing me from getting the achievement? I can't even track how many group activities I have done for it by now.

black_pyros
10.11.2019 , 11:19 AM | #159
Quote: Originally Posted by supercometl View Post
Tacticals it is probably about right, maybe up it to 1.25 mil or 1.5 mil if they drop the set pieces.
Absolutely not as long as preffered players credit cap stays at 1 mil.
Click for FREE 7 Days of Subscription

http://www.swtor.com/r/mdqsLM

Damask_Rose
10.11.2019 , 11:52 AM | #160
Based on what I've seen from harvesting on Onderon, harvesting out in the wild will not be adequate for anything but the most casual crafting. When I have the entire planet to myself it's ok. Just ok. Add some competition for nodes and it will be woefully inadequate.