Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Welcome to Phase 3 PTS

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OasisKid
10.05.2019 , 10:23 PM | #41
Okay so I know this is about balance but.... let's talk about all the possibilities of gear.... There is 11 different odds for Armorings and 60 for mods and 120 for Enhancements.... I thought Vanilla SWTOR gearing was rough but this takes the cake.... I get you want Play your way and all this flavor etc but c'mon really? Also do you realize how much it's tilted to the favor of the wealthier player? I am just sitting here mind blown with all due respect can we just have a gearing system that is like Vanilla and or 2.0 please?
Kytera

GM of <Not Another Meme>

dipstik
10.06.2019 , 01:29 PM | #42
so once we get the mount on the pts how do we get it on live?

TrixxieTriss
10.06.2019 , 08:48 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by OasisKid View Post
Okay so I know this is about balance but.... let's talk about all the possibilities of gear.... There is 11 different odds for Armorings and 60 for mods and 120 for Enhancements.... I thought Vanilla SWTOR gearing was rough but this takes the cake.... I get you want Play your way and all this flavor etc but c'mon really? Also do you realize how much it's tilted to the favor of the wealthier player? I am just sitting here mind blown with all due respect can we just have a gearing system that is like Vanilla and or 2.0 please?
Play our way with this many gear possibilities would mean a vendor that wasn’t RNG and just let us choose,

Bidli
10.07.2019 , 03:51 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Balameb View Post
I mean in gear. For low levels you have green mods from vendors, and crafting starts in blue.

back in the day, everything started green, gear, augments, gear mods, maybe even nades were green (not sure about that tho).. but it wasnt as complex, you got mats, you crafted whatever you had mats for, you didnt need puples for blue stuff, if you were crafting blue Synth thing you needed Archae+UT and not slicing, not purple exotic with blue byproduct that you make from green byproduct.. you didnt need to craft plenty of those by-products that now cost holys**t amount of mats to get to 680 when you get first chance to buy new augments... like.. crafting got weird and more complicated imo...

Raansu
10.07.2019 , 06:17 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Bidli View Post
back in the day, everything started green, gear, augments, gear mods, maybe even nades were green (not sure about that tho).. but it wasnt as complex, you got mats, you crafted whatever you had mats for, you didnt need puples for blue stuff, if you were crafting blue Synth thing you needed Archae+UT and not slicing, not purple exotic with blue byproduct that you make from green byproduct.. you didnt need to craft plenty of those by-products that now cost holys**t amount of mats to get to 680 when you get first chance to buy new augments... like.. crafting got weird and more complicated imo...
Ya crafting was way better back in the day. They added a bunch of steps and basically required an alt for one of the gathering requirements which wasn't a thing before they started changing stuff.

EricMusco
10.07.2019 , 09:33 AM | #46 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey all,

We are going to bring PTS down briefly this AM to deploy a new patch. That patch is going to be putting crafting materials on the boost terminals to allow for easy crafting of high-end augments.

Thanks all.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Balameb
10.07.2019 , 09:59 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Bidli View Post
Totally missed the game that time
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Ya crafting was way better back in the day. They added a bunch of steps and basically required an alt for one of the gathering requirements which wasn't a thing before they started changing stuff.
Requiring alts to have complete independance while crafting is something i see in other games. But here in SWTOR it did not feel restrictive mostly because of two things: leveling crew skills is fast and for the most part not tied to character level. Progression inside a tier was also very good requiring rarest mats as rating increased. Exotics only for the top.
The new exotics requirment for green fillers along the huge mats inflation are the biggest issues i have with new system.
Get 7 days as Sub and some free stuff --> Refferal link

ceryxp
10.07.2019 , 11:14 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey all,

We are going to bring PTS down briefly this AM to deploy a new patch. That patch is going to be putting crafting materials on the boost terminals to allow for easy crafting of high-end augments.

Thanks all.

-eric
Putting crafting mats on the boost terminal does not address the fact that current PTS crafting costs are ridiculous.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

Bidli
10.07.2019 , 11:26 AM | #49
and as far as i know you cant reverse anyway? so whats the point in crafting blues when you cant get purples?

Yezzan
10.07.2019 , 11:28 AM | #50
the gearing system is horrible, there are too many variations of armourings, modifications and enhancements, it will be a night mare to get BiS. And set bonuses are tired to the clothing. Well, how are people supposed to gear alts now?