Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PTS Phase 3 - Flashpoint Balance

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
PTS Phase 3 - Flashpoint Balance
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DanielSteed
10.03.2019 , 05:13 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone!

Phase 3 is now active on PTS. Please head there and test how balance is feeling in all Flashpoints. There have been some changes from Phase 2. All Flashpoints (except Corellia) are now balanced at level 70. This is to address some of the feedback we received in Phase 2, mainly that Flashpoints had gotten substantially easier.

Please report your findings back into this thread. Some key information we are looking for:
  • Does a particular class or spec feel too strong? Too weak?
  • Do any of the new abilities feel particularly strong? Too weak?
  • Is there a set bonus that feels too strong? Too weak?
  • Is there a tactical that feels too strong? Too weak?
  • Is there a specific set bonus and tactical combination that is over powered?
  • Are there any encounters that feel out of balance?
Be as specific in your feedback as possible! The questions above are just for guidance, feel free to pass on any feedback you have.
Daniel Steed | Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Exocor
10.03.2019 , 05:57 PM | #2
-Deleted because of wrong thread-
Infinitas Coryak - Tulak Hord Nox
--
Check our Sale Offers!

NavGator
10.03.2019 , 09:32 PM | #3
Well with the level bump and pet healing nerf. Can't solo any more, so in other words you broke it.

ottffsse
10.04.2019 , 12:25 AM | #4
Great job on balancing the flashpoints guys! I think you all nailed it. I will imagine we will have responses bellow saying they are now to hard or I can't solo this or that but I think this is how the group content was meant to be. - after running vet mode hs I tested master mode hs again and then boarding party, then traitor and blood hunt. In vet mode players have to use some dcds smartly in certain situation to not die - I think that is great. In master mode the entry level (early/old) flashpoints are pretty straightforward and doable I think by semi-experienced pugs, while the new flashpoints are noticeably harder and need a well coordinated group to get through especially some bosses. I think this is right.

My only criticism would be in regard to item or tech fragment drops between old / middle / and the newest flashpoints. As mentioned above - not all flashpoints are created equal and the newer ones do on average require much more time and effort to complete as they are now - so I do not know how you will handle this fact. They are noticeably more challenging but that I think is refreshing to many players to do them as they are now and it would be a shame to dumb them down. On the other hand I think not many people will run them as they are now because they are way more challenging than stuff like hammer station. Maybe break up the flashpoints into three tiers and adjust rewards based on where a flashpoint falls. As I said, really early old flashpoints are pretty simple (Foundtry, HS, Cademinu etc). Czerka-Rakata-Blood hunt, Rishi is probably somewhere in the middle. And from Lost Island to all the new flashpoints (Chiss / Umbara etc) I would but into pretty advanced tier as they are now.
ref http://www.swtor.com/r/gFbhFZ Melisen / Sage Zrella / Sorc

TrixxieTriss
10.04.2019 , 12:48 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ottffsse View Post
Great job on balancing the flashpoints guys! I think you all nailed it. I will imagine we will have responses bellow saying they are now to hard or I can't solo this or that but I think this is how the group content was meant to be. - after running vet mode hs I tested master mode hs again and then boarding party, then traitor and blood hunt. In vet mode players have to use some dcds smartly in certain situation to not die - I think that is great. In master mode the entry level (early/old) flashpoints are pretty straightforward and doable I think by semi-experienced pugs, while the new flashpoints are noticeably harder and need a well coordinated group to get through especially some bosses. I think this is right.

My only criticism would be in regard to item or tech fragment drops between old / middle / and the newest flashpoints. As mentioned above - not all flashpoints are created equal and the newer ones do on average require much more time and effort to complete as they are now - so I do not know how you will handle this fact. They are noticeably more challenging but that I think is refreshing to many players to do them as they are now and it would be a shame to dumb them down. On the other hand I think not many people will run them as they are now because they are way more challenging than stuff like hammer station. Maybe break up the flashpoints into three tiers and adjust rewards based on where a flashpoint falls. As I said, really early old flashpoints are pretty simple (Foundtry, HS, Cademinu etc). Czerka-Rakata-Blood hunt, Rishi is probably somewhere in the middle. And from Lost Island to all the new flashpoints (Chiss / Umbara etc) I would but into pretty advanced tier as they are now.
There are going to be a bunch of story guys saying veteran can only be played by group and will be extremely pissed off,
I do hope Bioware have considered this and will think about offering them a toned down SM version or some of those players are going to leave the game. Which is the last thing this game needs,

Hawkebatt
10.04.2019 , 01:40 AM | #6
Does a particular class or spec feel too strong? Too weak?
Don't know. operative smuggler rolling 6 times in a row only thing I heard looks broken for pvp.

Do any of the new abilities feel particularly strong? Too weak?
The inquisitor consular ones only really work with lightning/TK Assassin/shadow stuational

Is there a set bonus that feels too strong? Too weak?
Any 2 piece set bonus. I mean 23 points from 1199 alacrity and not the 2% it says it will give. Needs to be reworded reworked or just removed as too weak.
Is there a tactical that feels too strong? Too weak?
tested two sets and four tacticals had a 2000 dps difference between the tacticals two were general tact and two for only assassin. Awakened Flame beat out Blade of elements.
Is there a specific set bonus and tactical combination that is over powered?
Don't know
Are there any encounters that feel out of balance?
Have not tested the trouble spots yet.
Will try to remember the walker or see if I can get in one of the harder flashpoints.

Hammer Station felt better and we needed to use the medical stations thingies a time or two.
Emotion, yet Peace. Ignorance, yet Knowledge. Passion, yet Serenity.

Chaos, Yet Harmony. Death, yet the Force. Contemplation, yet Duty.

neavenlucy
10.04.2019 , 02:37 AM | #7
Everything seems more difficult than it used to be this is a good thing. I don't believe people will leave because they can't solo anymore if anything it will bring people back. This is perfect balance.
Watch out, watch out, watch out, watch out, theres a sooty about

JattaGin
10.04.2019 , 02:41 AM | #8
Hammer Station Veteran mode as solo player: Impossible to even make it past the first bigger group of droids. Not even remotely close. (I play as a healer with Z0-0M level 50 DPS.)

During PTS phase 2 I was able to solo this flashpoint.

Just pointing this out regarding the huge difference between phase 2 and 3, since you ask for feedback about balancing.

Since I so far haven't been able to find someone to group up for this fp on the PTS, I cannot continue testing it.

That said, it is very obvious that 6.0 is meant to change the shift of this game fully to group content.

That's fair and square, but I can already say that I'm obviously not a target group for you anymore. It's a pity to say this after all these years, but if what I experienced on the PTS during the last weeks goes live, it's time for me to say goodbye to this game. I hope others enjoy this shift in the game direction more.
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free 10 x inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

TrixxieTriss
10.04.2019 , 04:47 AM | #9
Edit : removed to allow feed back to be read.

dfgfssdf
10.04.2019 , 05:28 AM | #10
Hi Eric,

Hope all is well.

I have previously been on the forums complaining about the 6.0 content and gear. Let me start of by saying that phase three feels much much much much better. Gearing makes more sense now and I don't feel like I want to log off. Prices of some things may need to be tweaked but that is for a different thread probably.

With regards to FP's. I did a few runs of the FP's and they do feel better. A lot better than phase two. I would say that you are almost spot on with these changes. Perhaps a tad easier (not like crazy easier. Maybe easy enough for 2 players to run VET mode. Other modes feel good imo), although if it will make it too easy I think I prefer it being a bit more challenging with better rewards (if that makes sense).

Regarding abilities being OP. I have not really noticed anything, although I haven't really played the PTS for a period of longer than 2 - 3 hours. I would say that I have been Star Parsing and my DPS seems on the low side but that may be for a number of reasons such as gearing, new stats, new rotation (kinda) and so on. So overall I haven't really experienced anything that makes something too OP. Ity also may be since the FP's are still in balancing stages

On the other hand I have really come into problems with new abilities. Especially on my sorc assassin and merc. The new abilities seem lack luster and especially on the healing side of the merc and sorc I dont ever end up using the new abilities for example with the sorc, it just doesnt make sense for me to switch target to the boss in the ops/fp's just to build stacks of the volt rush and then lose a player (perhaps even the tank since I stopped healing and decided to DPS). For DPS on the merc and sorc things may be different but for heals it makes no sense to force us to DPS so I just leave it out my rotation. Perhaps may I suggest a new heal ability for heal specs? Not sure how that would work but it seems more useful imo. Regarding the assassin's the ability is cool and works well with some tacticals but I just dont think its better than low slash. Therefore I haven't added it too my rotation either. I think maybe the new abilities should have a overall look at since they definitely need tweaking.

Overall I am impressed with what has gone on with the PTS phase three however, I think the classes need a bit more ummfff. Gearing and content now feels good but my class feels stale a bit. Need the new abilities to engage me more and feel rewarding to use. Rn it they just feel a bit forced.

Have a good day eric. Would love to hear some feedback from you on my thoughts if possible. Even just a hi! I'll fan girl a lot