Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Acquisition Changes: Next PTS Patch

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Acquisition Changes: Next PTS Patch
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JattaGin's Avatar


JattaGin
09.20.2019 , 12:56 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
It is just that simple. If you want to really get into the inner workings, then the info is there for you!
Where?

Where do I find this info?

Ingame, I mean.

Not on some external source.

I don't understand amplifiers. I don't understand tacticals. I don't understand why there are so many different new gear pieces on the PTS. I don't understand why moddable gear with green mods in it is golden instead of green. I don't understand why an armor piece shows me a green arrow up, even though it has lower stats compared to the equipped item.

None of this is explained IN THE GAME. Or if it is, it is not clear enough where to find this information. Please point me to it. Throw a forced tutorial at me or something. I need some explanation to understand what is happening.

If you need to read various lengthy forum posts from you devs about something, it's too complicated. Most players won't do that.

The game has to be understood from WITHIN the game.

Currently on the PTS, it doesn't. I don't get it. Check my history. You know I've been here all along. But boy, you got me completely confused with this new gearing system. You might think it is easy, but for me, it really isn't.
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free 10 x inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
09.20.2019 , 01:08 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
Where?

Where do I find this info?

Ingame, I mean.

Not on some external source.

I don't understand amplifiers. I don't understand tacticals. I don't understand why there are so many different new gear pieces on the PTS. I don't understand why moddable gear with green mods in it is golden instead of green. I don't understand why an armor piece shows me a green arrow up, even though it has lower stats compared to the equipped item.

None of this is explained IN THE GAME. Or if it is, it is not clear enough where to find this information. Please point me to it. Throw a forced tutorial at me or something. I need some explanation to understand what is happening.

If you need to read various lengthy forum posts from you devs about something, it's too complicated. Most players won't do that.

The game has to be understood from WITHIN the game.

Currently on the PTS, it doesn't. I don't get it. Check my history. You know I've been here all along. But boy, you got me completely confused with this new gearing system. You might think it is easy, but for me, it really isn't.

Tacticals are easy. I don't think they need explanation.
1. Acquire tactical from vendor or random drop.
2. Insert tactical piece into the gear slot labeled "tactical" on your character sheet.
3. Find more tacticals and decide which one you like best, then equip it.

Green gear.
I don't understand the color scheme yet either. Green has typically meant garbage and it's difficult to differentiate between pieces. Thanks goodness they put an up arrow on the gear that is an improvement, otherwise I would simply destroy them.

Set bonuses.
Same as current game... just more and different options.

Amplifiers.
Just ignore these.... they offer more complicated options, and are for min/max'ing your gear.

Hopefully for new players and returning players there will be an ingame tutorial alert when 6.0 launches (like every other expansion!) to explain new features/gameplay/
-Beruhl (ง︡'-'︠)ง

8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want can i borrow a stim?
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Thanks Rion Starbrah.

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
09.20.2019 , 01:10 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
Where?

Where do I find this info?

Ingame, I mean.

Not on some external source.

I don't understand amplifiers. I don't understand tacticals. I don't understand why there are so many different new gear pieces on the PTS. I don't understand why moddable gear with green mods in it is golden instead of green. I don't understand why an armor piece shows me a green arrow up, even though it has lower stats compared to the equipped item.

None of this is explained IN THE GAME. Or if it is, it is not clear enough where to find this information. Please point me to it. Throw a forced tutorial at me or something. I need some explanation to understand what is happening.

If you need to read various lengthy forum posts from you devs about something, it's too complicated. Most players won't do that.

The game has to be understood from WITHIN the game.

Currently on the PTS, it doesn't. I don't get it. Check my history. You know I've been here all along. But boy, you got me completely confused with this new gearing system. You might think it is easy, but for me, it really isn't.
I'd like this explained too. Maybe give us some links to click on if the info is on the forums somewhere.
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Iíd still like to know how you find someoneís legacy name if they donít display it?
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
Uh you don't know it because it is a secret knowledge of ranked players who use it to see the real appearance of other players through the force.

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
09.20.2019 , 01:13 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
I'd like this explained too. Maybe give us some links to click on if the info is on the forums somewhere.
Are you serious? This really disappoints me coming from you -- a regular forum spammer. You can read and post in all the forum drama threads, but can't be bothered to read the dev tracker?! Have you not read the Class forums? There is literally a Musco thread for each class/spec, explaining what they're looking for in Tacticals and Set Bonus ideas. Here is one for example: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=962790. From APRIL!!!! They have also done at least two livestreams/Q&A's explaining gearing and Onslaught.

If you've ever done any QA work, a lot of the "beta" content is counter-intuitive. But if you have a remotely curious mind, you should be able to figure stuff out. Stop being mentally lazy.
-Beruhl (ง︡'-'︠)ง

8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want can i borrow a stim?
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Thanks Rion Starbrah.

Elssha's Avatar


Elssha
09.20.2019 , 01:23 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post
No. Nobody asked you to change this. AGAIN. Fixed loot on all bosses of all operations. Seriously, nobody wanted you to change that.
I too was hoping that meant slot-specific drops from each boss... esp since they'll still be random as far as who it's for (no tokens to trade in for what you want, like the glorious 4.0 system... that was kinda stitched onto 5.0 to fix it) >_<

commanderwar's Avatar


commanderwar
09.20.2019 , 01:35 PM | #16
great job guys, these are really good changes, keep up the great work, and 6.0 will be awesome. I agree there should be at least a basic in-game explanation for how it works for new players coming into 6.0
here's my refer a friend link
http://www.swtor.com/r/QWYrwx

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
09.20.2019 , 01:42 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Are you serious? This really disappoints me coming from you -- a regular forum spammer. You can read and post in all the forum drama threads, but can't be bothered to read the dev tracker?! Have you not read the Class forums? There is literally a Musco thread for each class/spec, explaining what they're looking for in Tacticals and Set Bonus ideas. Here is one for example: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=962790. From APRIL!!!! They have also done at least two livestreams/Q&A's explaining gearing and Onslaught.

If you've ever done any QA work, a lot of the "beta" content is counter-intuitive. But if you have a remotely curious mind, you should be able to figure stuff out. Stop being mentally lazy.
You know what's lazy? Being in a position with information at your fingertips and telling others the information is there, go find it. Sure, it's out there, but it's convoluted, oft-changing, and not easy to pin down.

I'd like to see where all this information is at for us to find, just point me in the direction of most recent info available. Thanks!
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Iíd still like to know how you find someoneís legacy name if they donít display it?
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
Uh you don't know it because it is a secret knowledge of ranked players who use it to see the real appearance of other players through the force.

phalczen's Avatar


phalczen
09.20.2019 , 01:47 PM | #18
Guys, take a breather. All Musco meant when he was referring to the info being there is the post starting the thread which breaks down by content the source of every single bonus drop.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
09.20.2019 , 01:54 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
Guys, take a breather. All Musco meant when he was referring to the info being there is the post starting the thread which breaks down by content the source of every single bonus drop.
Alright thanks for explaining what he meant.
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Iíd still like to know how you find someoneís legacy name if they donít display it?
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
Uh you don't know it because it is a secret knowledge of ranked players who use it to see the real appearance of other players through the force.

EricMusco's Avatar


EricMusco
09.20.2019 , 01:56 PM | #20 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
*snip*
Green gear.
I don't understand the color scheme yet either. Green has typically meant garbage and it's difficult to differentiate between pieces. Thanks goodness they put an up arrow on the gear that is an improvement, otherwise I would simply destroy them.

*snip
I can help add some clarification here, as some of this has changed in Onslaught. Previously, all moddable and MTX gear appeared as orange quality gear. In Onslaught, only MTX items will be orange quality. All other quality color is determined by the highest quality component (so the shell, or any mods within). If you have a green quality shell with a purple quality armoring, it appears purple, etc.

Also, there has been some frustration around green gear dropping at all. Think of Onslaught gearing as one single tier (as if it was one of the tier bands in GC). When you first enter Onslaught you will be getting green drops. You will quickly get to an item rating where blue items start dropping and once that happens, you will no longer get green drops. This is true up through purple, etc. (for clarity I am referencing color instead of quality here).

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]