Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Acquisition Changes: Next PTS Patch

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Acquisition Changes: Next PTS Patch
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
09.20.2019 , 10:20 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

Unfortunately we were not able to get the newest PTS patch with the acquisition changes in this week, but we are targeting early next week. In the meantime, let me talk you through what is coming in this round of changes as quite a bit is changing. I will also try to provide some context around these decisions where possible.

Targeting Gear
We talked about this in the last post but just to reiterate: we hear your concerns about gear dropping too randomly and so we are introducing mechanisms to work towards exactly what you want (with one change from last post). Here is what is available in this patch:
  • New vendors will sell almost every set tactical and set bonus for tech fragments and credits.
  • The only items not included on the vendors are set bonus and tacticals that drop directly in Corellia and Dxun, crafted sets and tacticals, and the Onderon Reputation vendor set.
    • Corellia and Dxun items can still drop as personal loot anywhere in the game, but they are direct bonus drops in their respective content.
    • The Corellia and Dxun items will be added to the vendors in a future patch.
    • New items in the future will also appear as targeted drops before appearing on the vendor. These new items can sometimes coincide with new content, other times will just be used to give new drops to existing content (this can include anything: Warzones, Ops, FPs, Heroics, Events, etc)
  • Kai Zykken will sell a sampling of set bonuses and tacticals at a reduced price, so you have a reason to check his wares every week.
  • In addition, almost every content type in the game has targeted drop tables. The bonus loot that drops from that content pulls from a specific set of items. Massive info dump at the bottom of the post.

Here are the details on the Corellia and Dxun drops:
Spoiler

Moddable Gear
We have definitely heard concerns about the lack of mods and moddable gear as you progress through the vertical progression in Onslaught. There is one thing I want to reiterate as you consider your feedback for loot acquisition. It is our goal that your vertical progression will happen very quickly and consistently. We expect you are going to replace gear pieces very often until you hit 306, let us know if that is not the case.

We know many of you use modded armor pieces (often with augments) and so will have a desire to move mods around through your gear. This is especially true for weapons since they are currently not in appearance designer. Here are the changes we are making:
  • All weapons will now be moddable, and drop with mods included.
    • This includes both drops and purchased weapons.
  • Takatta will now sell mods by type.
    • Reminder that anything you purchase from Takatta will always be for your current Discipline and of a higher rating than your character's current average.
  • The starter gear you receive for completing the Onslaught story (full 268 set) was previously static, it will now be moddable with mods included.
  • More mods will be dropping in general.

Thank you for your continued feedback! Look for our next PTS patch early next week - all of these changes will be implemented with that patch.

-eric

PS - If you want to target specific item drops, this list covers what items drop from what content types. Reminder, this is not fully implemented onto PTS.

Spoiler
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

FlameYOL
09.20.2019 , 10:45 AM | #2
This is a step in the right direction at the very least. Though I can't say more until that is actually implemented. Props on finally including the moddable gear though, sometimes the mods I used to get from Command Crates were better than my current one but the enhancement/armoring wasn't that much better. I was afraid this would happen again. Thanks for listening to the feedback instead of outright ignoring us, now to see whether these changes will make progressing feel more rewarding.

Small correction though, you call Dxun a Flashpoint not an Operation in
Quote:
Dxun - These items will be bonus drops (in addition to personal loot) from killing specific bosses in the Flashpoint. Drop chance increases based on difficulty. The following sets drop from Dxun bosses:
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

DarthBatemanJ
09.20.2019 , 10:46 AM | #3
Pssst Eric...Dxun is an operation, not a flashpoint Your copy and paste has failed you

At any rate, am liking the changes outlined here.
Rutunest

Elssha
09.20.2019 , 11:12 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

Specific slots drop as follows:
Spoiler

-eric
Thanks for the post Eric!

How will the ops drops work in non-5 boss ops;

EC has 4, SnV 7

KendraP
09.20.2019 , 11:19 AM | #5
What I have gathered -

Ways of getting specific items - this sounds like an improvement.

That said I still feel you are being over ambitious and creating an overcomplicated and overly difficult system. Play your way is a great concept, however, all I really wanted was to be able to get whatever gear was best however I played. I never said I wanted 30 different choices of set bonuses, or to be able to retoll some ridiculously unexplained supposedly meaningless but still noticeable (whatever that means) extra bonus stat only gear.

All I really wanted was to get whatever gear was best doing whatever I wanted to and move along to playing what I want to play. I don't play your game wanting or needing endless gear thrown at me. I'm a simplier person than that.

I also notice mentions of continuing to add gear through the expansion. Have you learned absolutely nothing from adding 248/252/258 gear?

And finally, I have no idea how you intend to get this overly complicated and next to impossible to balance system completely ready in a month.

EricMusco
09.20.2019 , 11:47 AM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Elssha View Post
Thanks for the post Eric!

How will the ops drops work in non-5 boss ops;

EC has 4, SnV 7
Good question, I realize I may not have been clear there. That section you highlighted only applies to Dxun. All other Ops bosses can drop from the entire Operations pool, not slot specific.

-eric

JattaGin
09.20.2019 , 11:52 AM | #7
Dear Eric,

I am completely confused with this new gearing system.

Please read my feedback in this sub-forum. There are some indications why I am confused. E. g. what exactly do amplifiers do and why do we need them? Inside the game, there is no information or explanation about this, and I believe that everything within the game needs to be clear and understandable within the game.
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free 10 x inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

BenKatarn
09.20.2019 , 12:41 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Good question, I realize I may not have been clear there. That section you highlighted only applies to Dxun. All other Ops bosses can drop from the entire Operations pool, not slot specific.

-eric
No. Nobody asked you to change this. AGAIN. Fixed loot on all bosses of all operations. Seriously, nobody wanted you to change that.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

Raansu
09.20.2019 , 12:47 PM | #9
This really isn't all that much better and still not what players are asking for. Also why do we need so many damn sets of gear? There's just too much. At this point why not just get rid of gear sets since tacticals and amps basically seem to be the customizeable part anyways. Having a multitude of gear sets just makes balancing even more awkward.

EricMusco
09.20.2019 , 12:47 PM | #10 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
What I have gathered -

Ways of getting specific items - this sounds like an improvement.

That said I still feel you are being over ambitious and creating an overcomplicated and overly difficult system. Play your way is a great concept, however, all I really wanted was to be able to get whatever gear was best however I played. I never said I wanted 30 different choices of set bonuses, or to be able to retoll some ridiculously unexplained supposedly meaningless but still noticeable (whatever that means) extra bonus stat only gear.

All I really wanted was to get whatever gear was best doing whatever I wanted to and move along to playing what I want to play. I don't play your game wanting or needing endless gear thrown at me. I'm a simplier person than that.

I also notice mentions of continuing to add gear through the expansion. Have you learned absolutely nothing from adding 248/252/258 gear?

And finally, I have no idea how you intend to get this overly complicated and next to impossible to balance system completely ready in a month.
You bring up some good points and questions I want to try to address.

Overcomplicated - I realize that these really long posts about spoils of war make it seem really complex. Most of this is born out of the fact that we are just being very open about all of the workings under the hood, which we don't typically do. To address your feedback directly think of it this way:
Play whatever content you want, you will get constant gear for whatever you are playing. If you don't get the thing you want, go to the vendor and buy it.
It is just that simple. If you want to really get into the inner workings, then the info is there for you!

Learning from adding 248+ - Let me clarify. When I say adding new gear we are not talking about vertical (higher item ratings). I am talking about horizontal (more set bonuses / tactical options).

-eric