Tech Fragment Vendor Feedback

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey all,

With the newest PTS patch now live, we have implemented the vendors where you can buy tactical items and set bonus shells directly. A few notes:

• Prices are not final, they are a work in progress that are subject to change based on your feedback and PTS data.
  • The vendor is still in process of being implemented so expect some weirdness. Right now the names of items don't display in the vendor list and need to be "moused over"

Let us know your thoughts on pricing, availability, etc.

Thanks all.

-eric

3K Tech Fragments and 1M credits per item, and their rating is 8. They are just shells, not any armouring, mods, or enhc. in them. Is this a bug or a feature? Can you confirm this, please?

Without knowing that, any comment on the prices will be meaningless.

pretty sure there suppose to be just shells. from erics post above yours:

and set bonus shells directly.

-eric

Edited by commanderwar

pretty sure there suppose to be just shells. from erics post above yours:

Ok then, thanks for the clarification. I mean, like I really lost speech. I mean what is this? Do you buy shells, and rng the mods from Takanna? This is supplementary right? When are we gonna see what NiM ops are dropping?

Right of the bat, 3000 per piece is horrible since the cap on tech fragments is 3000 so questions comes up what happens with surplus of tech fragments when we already have 3000, do they get lost and we have no access to them, the cap should be way higher.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

You probably saw some issues with the vendor (which I highlighted above). After some further testing we are going to bring PTS offline and as I originally posted, we will work through more acquisition testing next week. You can continue feedback here based on what you saw but know that this is all still in process.

Expect more complete implementation and information next week for testing! Thanks everyone.

-eric

PS - PTS will come back online tomorrow for Dxun testing

Some Items are 2500 and some are 3000 with no obvious logic as to why the difference. I think 2500 is fine as a price if Zyken is selling for 1500 since they're one time purchases.

Gearing at 306 is in my view broken, I did a Hammer Station and was getting drops as low as 302 and disintegrated everything I didn't even get a single 306 mod of any type. Being able to get moddable set bonus pieces is great but only if it's possible to get the mods to fill them.

Buying the boxes from the vendor with my tech fragments as a Jugg tank I got armourings and mods which were tank versions so that seems to be working. I didn't get any enhancements but I did get a barrel. Note one box is the equivalent of 2 Hammer Station runs in tech fragments and the minimum number slots to fill for a 6 piece is 16 perfect rolls, so 32 runs minimum if you're really lucky?

Is it intentional that it's so difficult to get mods? What will be the primary source of mods be in 6.0? With the sheer number of variations, I would have expected them to be a lot more common than they currently are on PTS.

I hope we see a full implementation of the loot system including heroics, daily areas, operations etc. since the limited number of sources of gear isn't giving a true reflection of the complete gearing experience.

I posted this in the patch update thread but it really belongs here so:

So at 2500 tech frags for a single item I see where you're going with this. I like the RNG reduction, and making it cost more is sensible, but I think two things needs to happen:

Tech frag prices need to come down a bit. Say 1k for Zykken since he's a special event kind of vendor (time limited with RNG on what items he carries), and 2k for non-RNG vendors. Then increase the cap to 10k tech frags.

I don't want to have to constantly be checking my cap limit while I'm running content, for fear that I'll be wasting precious tech frags because I've hit the limit but now I'm at first boss of an Op and can't leave, thus forfeiting all the rest of the Op's tech frags to a poorly implemented cap.

I also don't want to have to run to the vendor every time i reach 3k, then go grind again, then back to fleet for the vendor, then grind again... you get the point. Let me save up, buy the gear I want in a couple of visits.

Frankly I don't even understand the point of tech frag caps in the first place. Do we have UC caps? Masterwork crystal caps? I don't know because I've never reached them. I can see reaching the 3k cap a frustratingly high number of times if this doesn't get changed.

Frankly I don't even understand the point of tech frag caps in the first place. Do we have UC caps? Masterwork crystal caps? I don't know because I've never reached them. I can see reaching the 3k cap a frustratingly high number of times if this doesn't get changed.

Speaking from experience gearing Benthics in WoW (which is a really nice catchup system and worth snaking from them for people who don't grind ops!), caps on gear currency for them is 5k I think? Each piece costs 5 pearls to buy and around 370 (for Azerite pieces) to 450 to get up to 420 (for Azerite) / 430, which is just below latest raid on Heroic (440).

Given each direct shell at the vendor costs 2.5k-3k tech frags, I think increasing the cap to 12k-18k would be more than fair.

I posted this in the patch update thread but it really belongs here so:

So at 2500 tech frags for a single item I see where you're going with this. I like the RNG reduction, and making it cost more is sensible, but I think two things needs to happen:

Tech frag prices need to come down a bit. Say 1k for Zykken since he's a special event kind of vendor (time limited with RNG on what items he carries), and 2k for non-RNG vendors. Then increase the cap to 10k tech frags.

I don't want to have to constantly be checking my cap limit while I'm running content, for fear that I'll be wasting precious tech frags because I've hit the limit but now I'm at first boss of an Op and can't leave, thus forfeiting all the rest of the Op's tech frags to a poorly implemented cap.

I also don't want to have to run to the vendor every time i reach 3k, then go grind again, then back to fleet for the vendor, then grind again... you get the point. Let me save up, buy the gear I want in a couple of visits.

^^^THIS!!!^^^

Raise the cap!

Lower the prices!

Edited by Banthabreeder

I just got home so I don't have any of the new vendor stuff but I hope Takanna is fix because getting 60%+ mods for a tank on a dps is not good.

Will add more once I view the vendors and I do know from the renown crates that the item shows up as a shell and then once you buy it will generate the armoring mod, and enhancement. I am sure it is the same.

Then increase the cap to 10k tech frags.

These are all important and valid points. 3k limit for these tech frags is ludicrous, especially with the costs of the items to start with.

I don’t see why there needs to be a limit. Just make it unlimited like UC’s. We don’t need a limit it on it if the prices on the vendors are so high.