Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Next PTS Patch and Future Changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
The Next PTS Patch and Future Changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Toraak
09.06.2019 , 01:03 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by rayneneverwind View Post
Eric, thank you for these changes and thank you for posting them. This communication is amazing and it's highly appreciated.

THANK YOU. Just, thank you for listening to the cries of No RNG. It's not perfect, but it's so much better than the first iterations. Something I would like to bring attention to is that the tech fragments, being a legacy currency, is too low at 3k max. Also, the amount of tech fragments dropping in master mode flashpoints felt very low.

I cannot really give detailed thoughts without trying the PTS, but do expect another post on this thread regarding the gear acquisition changes when this goes live.

But, once again, THANK YOU.
I agree with the fact the cap for Tech Fragments is WAY TO LOW. Being a legacy currency it needs to be at least 10k-20k so we can save them up for alts or set pieces as needed.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

SteveTheCynic
09.06.2019 , 01:08 PM | #12
It occurs to me to suggest that they've heard all the cries of "No RNG for gearing" and given us "Less RNG" and "Directed RNG", neither of which are "*No* RNG".

I'd really like for the Renown crates to never, ever do either of these things:
* Be empty.
* Contain one object, an empty green shell.

And before you say it, no, I'm not kidding. I saw both of these things the other day.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

rayneneverwind
09.06.2019 , 01:09 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
It occurs to me to suggest that they've heard all the cries of "No RNG for gearing" and given us "Less RNG" and "Directed RNG", neither of which are "*No* RNG".

* Be empty.

And before you say it, no, I'm not kidding. I saw both of these things the other day.
Yep, I saw that empty renown crate and the empty green shell renown reward myself too. Multiple times on my 6 hours of testing the other day. Great feedback, thanks for bringing that up!
Creator and Host of Entering Operations
The Rann Legacy: Satele Shan
The Exoci Legacy: Star Forge
May the 4rd be with you.
Twitch Youtube

menofhorror
09.06.2019 , 01:10 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post

* Be empty.

Yea this is completely true and definitely needs to be pushed.

vicadin
09.06.2019 , 01:13 PM | #15
thanks Musco.

Can we get some clarity as to "personal loot" vs "group loot"? From the few times you've mentioned it, it sounds like if our group kills an FP or Ops non-final boss, that the loot will be "personal loot".

Does that mean I don't have to roll on it and it automatically goes into my vault? Or does that mean everyone can still roll on that item? Does that mean everyone in the group gets "personal loot" per boss or will only one person in the group get "personal loot" per boss?

From what I saw in VM Hammer Station and SM Karagga's Palace, nothing has changed and that everyone could still roll on all the loot for all the bosses.

- vicadin

Metthew
09.06.2019 , 01:16 PM | #16
This sounds good! I'll test them later on. Thanks for listening guys!
Erhart / Wilhemine | Darth Malgus | <Take a Seat>

Batwer
09.06.2019 , 01:17 PM | #17
Huh? What's happening? BW listens. Is the world going under?
You! Yes, exactly you! Click me:
http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6

HuntyUK
09.06.2019 , 01:19 PM | #18
This sounds much better. Thank you!

laiboch
09.06.2019 , 01:21 PM | #19
While it is good to see that you are looking at the overwhelming feedback on this and making changes it still makes me ask.

If the vast majority of the community is against RNG as the primary means of progression, and it has already proven to be a disaster in previous expansions, why is the the staff at SWTOR so determined to continue using a system that is disliked by, and has cost them, thousands of players?

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

It appears that the developers are stuck in this loop. RNG didn't work before so lets do something totally different and use RNG that didn't work before. I truly hope this system works out to be something fun and interesting, but you will have to forgive me if I seem a bit skeptical.

SteveTheCynic
09.06.2019 , 01:22 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by HuntyUK View Post
This sounds much better. Thank you!
I'd describe it as "somewhat less bad" myself.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.