Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unscheduled Maintenance - August 20th

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Unscheduled Maintenance - August 20th
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Amunra-amunray
08.20.2019 , 12:54 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptRogue View Post
Event ended awhile ago.

And finally Eric!
Been going on too long!!!!!
This all depends as we have until the first I believe for XXp weeks, they usually do this a few weeks ahead of a new expansion.
"Do the Best and Spare the Rest!" Joe Pirandello
My Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/qYLGd9

SithTarros
08.20.2019 , 12:55 PM | #12
The event actually ended about a hour ago so this does not affect it so I would not expect to see them add time to it.
Complimentary server transfer & box of unlocks: My RAF LINK

NeoBlakkrstal
08.20.2019 , 12:55 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

We are going to be bringing all SWTOR servers offline for a quick maintenance. We expect to be down for approximately one hour. This maintenance is to address an in-game exploit. As a part of what we are doing during this maintenance, players will find that all of their GTN sales have been expired. Once we come back online you will find any GTN sales that you had waiting for you in your mailbox.

With the exploit resolved, we will be conducting a thorough investigation of what has occurred. Once we have completed our review, we'll let you know the status and the actions we have taken.

-eric
So what's the exploit that has to be addressed? And why are the GTN sales being ended prematurely? C'mon man, need more info, need.....more......info......
"The Sith stalk the force like hunters, rather than surrender, like prey." - Darth Plagueis

My Referral Link

Amunra-amunray
08.20.2019 , 12:55 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Celise View Post
Nice to see pro-active action taken against exploiters. so yes, really.

EA isn't liable to cover any lost time on events due to something like this, it is there in the agreement you signed. if EA are kind they could add a day or two, but that depends on them.
Exactamundo!
"Do the Best and Spare the Rest!" Joe Pirandello
My Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/qYLGd9

philwil
08.20.2019 , 12:56 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Batwer View Post
Really?????
you can thank the exploiters. im pretty sure they will be happy to know their accounts will be banned. lol
Harbinger Jedi Covenant Shadow Lands The Red Eclipse

Sarova
08.20.2019 , 12:57 PM | #16
Hey everyone,

We are going to be bringing all SWTOR servers offline for a quick maintenance. We expect to be down for approximately one hour. This maintenance is to address an in-game exploit. As a part of what we are doing during this maintenance, players will find that all of their GTN sales have been expired. Once we come back online you will find any GTN sales that you had waiting for you in your mailbox.

With the exploit resolved, we will be conducting a thorough investigation of what has occurred. Once we have completed our review, we'll let you know the status and the actions we have taken.

-eric
How on earth do people even discover exploits? Sent DM as I think I may have been a victim
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - Make it Happen || Quinn Treats™
Allow us to Buy Multiples of the same Stronghold
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

Nee-Elder
08.20.2019 , 12:57 PM | #17
As a part of what we are doing during this maintenance, players will find that all of their GTN sales have been expired.

hmm, just checking here...

Will there be any rollback too? Reason i ask is: when i logged in about an hour ago, i had made a sale 2 hours ago and accepted the in-game MAIL w/ credits obviously.

I then proceeded to buy a few items (flagship encryptions) from the GTN, of which all those mails were opened and items taken. (as of about 20 min. ago)

./fingers-crossed lol
Never tell me the odds!

philwil
08.20.2019 , 12:58 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by HouseofFun View Post
Will you suspend the double xp event?
double xp/cxp is over about an hour prior to this. so no extension.
Harbinger Jedi Covenant Shadow Lands The Red Eclipse

EricMusco
08.20.2019 , 12:59 PM | #19 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Nee-Elder View Post
hmm, just checking here...

Will there be any rollback too? Reason i ask is: when i logged in about an hour ago, i had made a sale 2 hours ago and accepted the in-game MAIL w/ credits obviously.

I then proceeded to buy a few items (flagship encryptions) from the GTN, of which all those mails were opened and items taken. (as of about 20 min. ago)

./fingers-crossed lol
No rollback! Basically, we are just going to expire any existing auction, anything that happened prior to that point should be untouched.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

SteveTheCynic
08.20.2019 , 01:00 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Celise View Post
EA isn't liable to cover any lost time on events due to something like this, it is there in the agreement you signed. if EA are kind they could add a day or two, but that depends on them.
This. The service agreement can, from their point of view, be summed up best in one word: "Meh".

(Yes, I know that MMORPG operators do strive to do better than that, but from a legal-recourse point of view, "Meh" is the best we can get.)
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.