Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unscheduled Maintenance - August 20th

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Unscheduled Maintenance - August 20th
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
08.20.2019 , 12:43 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone,

We are going to be bringing all SWTOR servers offline for a quick maintenance. We expect to be down for approximately one hour. This maintenance is to address an in-game exploit. As a part of what we are doing during this maintenance, players will find that all of their GTN sales have been expired. Once we come back online you will find any GTN sales that you had waiting for you in your mailbox.

With the exploit resolved, we will be conducting a thorough investigation of what has occurred. Once we have completed our review, we'll let you know the status and the actions we have taken.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Batwer
08.20.2019 , 12:50 PM | #2
Really?????
You! Yes, exactly you! Click me:
http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6

HouseofFun
08.20.2019 , 12:51 PM | #3
Will you suspend the double xp event?

BradTheImpaler
08.20.2019 , 12:52 PM | #4
Ban 'em. Ban 'em all!
"The gullible prattle on about the triumph of truth and justice, of individualism and free will, as if such things were solid and real instead of simple subjective judgments."
- Supreme Leader Snoke

CaptRogue
08.20.2019 , 12:52 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by HouseofFun View Post
Event ended awhile ago.

And finally Eric!
Been going on too long!!!!!
Dean (GM) of <The Academy>
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!

Amunra-amunray
08.20.2019 , 12:53 PM | #6
Nice, that has been a much faster response time. #KUDOS way to go eric
"Do the Best and Spare the Rest!" Joe Pirandello
My Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/qYLGd9

Celise
08.20.2019 , 12:53 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Batwer View Post
Really?????
Nice to see pro-active action taken against exploiters. so yes, really.

Quote: Originally Posted by HouseofFun View Post
EA isn't liable to cover any lost time on events due to something like this, it is there in the agreement you signed. if EA are kind they could add a day or two, but that depends on them.

Kagentis
08.20.2019 , 12:53 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

We are going to be bringing all SWTOR servers offline for a quick maintenance. We expect to be down for approximately one hour. This maintenance is to address an in-game exploit. As a part of what we are doing during this maintenance, players will find that all of their GTN sales have been expired. Once we come back online you will find any GTN sales that you had waiting for you in your mailbox.

With the exploit resolved, we will be conducting a thorough investigation of what has occurred. Once we have completed our review, we'll let you know the status and the actions we have taken.

-eric
Sounds good to me, see ya in an hour.

NCplayedout
08.20.2019 , 12:53 PM | #9
Thanks for letting us know, I finally get time out from the craziness that is RL (real life) and get a server error. Great to know it is not operator error!

SodaFett
08.20.2019 , 12:53 PM | #10
Here I was hoping to enjoy playing on my birthday, but if this goes like normal, it's gonna be four plus hours.