Guardian's old animation : Master Strike & Savage strike

StereoGang

Hello,

I'm back on that game after a very long time (back in 2014) and I was surprise to see that both my vanguard were missing attacks. It turns out they weren't missing, it's just that the animation have been changed

- Master Strike for the Jedi knight

- Savage Strike for the Sith warrior

(I hope they are called that way, I don't run swtor in english so I'm not sure that it's the actual name ig)

I wonder why they have been changed ? I didn't found any info about it.

They were looking pretty cool. They haven't been removed completly since some enemis can use them (knight in the eternal throne use master strike for example).

As far as I recall it was a combination of balancing and making playstile of the knights more fluid and mobile... to neither of which a long-ish channelled root didn't fit.

In fact I think it wasn't even always a root on the enemy but the issue was they'd run out of range by the time of the third swing/damage tick. So they made it one and opened a new can of worms. Master strike looked cool I agree but it's been rather problematic from the very start.

Edited by aeterno

Hello,

I'm back on that game after a very long time (back in 2014) and I was surprise to see that both my vanguard were missing attacks. It turns out they weren't missing, it's just that the animation have been changed

- Master Strike for the Jedi knight

- Savage Strike for the Sith warrior

Neither of those abilities was ever available for Vanguards. Vanguard is a Trooper advanced class.