Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Welcome to Onslaught Phase 1.5!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Welcome to Onslaught Phase 1.5!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JClawson
08.02.2019 , 04:29 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by kerplunkcatt View Post
Hello everyone,

My post here is going to be a little harsh, but I am a smidge frustrated, so here goes.

I am finding that testing this content without much communication or feedback to be, shall we say, challenging. The PTS patch today kind of sent me into a tizzy, and I am struggling to conduct testing like this.

First and foremost, I have no idea where the baseline is. I have no idea where things should be performing, and so I am left to assume that, for example, Stormwatch is either super strong, or Ticking Force Bomb is super weak. I don't know which it is, or if they are both meant to be somewhere in between those. This was most notable with the set bonuses, that, albeit are fixed now, were still goofy for a long while. Berserker's was horrifically strong comparatively, and I was left to wonder if the other set bonuses should be buffed, that should be nerfed, or again something between those two values.

Because of this lack of a baseline it's really hard for me to say how things are performing. Is every sniper rotation meant to be some ballet of energy management that you sometimes lose due to the lack of Target Acquired energy? Is Laze Target meant to only recharge one charge per cooldown? Is Volt Rush meant to be used at all? (Conflicting reports to that last all over the Sorc forums).

I just don't know the answer to any of this, and so testing it feels like we are just assuming for a lot of variables, and, for someone that does math for fun, that seems like a fault of logic. Either these things are fixed, and then we must test them all again, or they aren't and they are working as intended. The answer to that doesn't really matter so long as we know so that we can conduct the tests. Point is, some feedback would really help this along.

That leads me to why the Patch today frustrated me. There were no patch notes (at time of writing this) and to just stealth change a number of things on an actual test server seems just silly. Without going to each set bonus, item, etc, there is no way to confirm the changes; and without running all of my tests again there is no way to work out if things are now working that weren't before. We kind of need to know what you guys change so that we can figure out if it's working or not.

I know this post come across as annoyed, that's because I am a little annoyed. I want to do all this testing, I really enjoy it and this game. I just don't want to do it if it's going to be a non-communicative mess the whole way through.

Conclusion: Please start by giving us patch notes for what you're changing and fixing. Then please give us a baseline of what you intend for things as you add them. Not for each individual item, but just after a phase it would have been nice to see, "The Berserker's set bonus is performing far outside of what is intended. It is going to be brought in line with the other set bonuses.".

Those are my gripes, and thanks for reading. Hope this doesn't fall on deaf ears.
Amen fellow swtor brother; much respect to those doing the testing and wholeheartedly agree there needs to be open communication on both sides to make the PTS effective and efficient

Banderal
08.02.2019 , 04:41 PM | #12
Hello everyone,

My post here is going to be a little harsh, but I am a smidge frustrated, so here goes.

I am finding that testing this content without much communication or feedback to be, shall we say, challenging. The PTS patch today kind of sent me into a tizzy, and I am struggling to conduct testing like this.

First and foremost, I have no idea where the baseline is. I have no idea where things should be performing, and so I am left to assume that, for example, Stormwatch is either super strong, or Ticking Force Bomb is super weak. I don't know which it is, or if they are both meant to be somewhere in between those. This was most notable with the set bonuses, that, albeit are fixed now, were still goofy for a long while. Berserker's was horrifically strong comparatively, and I was left to wonder if the other set bonuses should be buffed, that should be nerfed, or again something between those two values.

Because of this lack of a baseline it's really hard for me to say how things are performing. Is every sniper rotation meant to be some ballet of energy management that you sometimes lose due to the lack of Target Acquired energy? Is Laze Target meant to only recharge one charge per cooldown? Is Volt Rush meant to be used at all? (Conflicting reports to that last all over the Sorc forums).

I just don't know the answer to any of this, and so testing it feels like we are just assuming for a lot of variables, and, for someone that does math for fun, that seems like a fault of logic. Either these things are fixed, and then we must test them all again, or they aren't and they are working as intended. The answer to that doesn't really matter so long as we know so that we can conduct the tests. Point is, some feedback would really help this along.

That leads me to why the Patch today frustrated me. There were no patch notes (at time of writing this) and to just stealth change a number of things on an actual test server seems just silly. Without going to each set bonus, item, etc, there is no way to confirm the changes; and without running all of my tests again there is no way to work out if things are now working that weren't before. We kind of need to know what you guys change so that we can figure out if it's working or not.

I know this post come across as annoyed, that's because I am a little annoyed. I want to do all this testing, I really enjoy it and this game. I just don't want to do it if it's going to be a non-communicative mess the whole way through.

Conclusion: Please start by giving us patch notes for what you're changing and fixing. Then please give us a baseline of what you intend for things as you add them. Not for each individual item, but just after a phase it would have been nice to see, "The Berserker's set bonus is performing far outside of what is intended. It is going to be brought in line with the other set bonuses.".

Those are my gripes, and thanks for reading. Hope this doesn't fall on deaf ears.
Can I + more than one? I was going to snip your post for brevity, and then I didn't because maybe if they see it so many times bioware will take it to heart.

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

EmperorRus
08.02.2019 , 07:57 PM | #13
Eric, what class changes(utilities and disciplines) are planned for 6.0? ...or no major class changes planned except tacticals?
#MakeSorcsGreatAgain #RemoveOperatives

fire-breath
08.04.2019 , 01:13 PM | #14
Can we please sticky either this thread or the seperate feedback threads?
Thx
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Macewindy - Sab Slinger since patch 1.2 through ups and downs
PugsloveHP - the 96k HP commando DPS/healer
(4.0 HP, currently updating it to 5.0)

geofraynils
08.05.2019 , 04:24 AM | #15
Is there achievements to do on it's phase, we found it :
https://imgur.com/tWNiZ3z

can you confirm ?
Serveur : Darth malgus - Guilde : Brain Damage - PVE NiM. - Rédacteur pour le site communautaire game-guide.fr

Sarova
08.05.2019 , 09:57 AM | #16
A relatively minor issue that is annoying the **** out of me on the PTS: how do I remove the "box icons" from over vendor's heads? I can't find any way to do this in preferences. Please tell me this annoyance is not planned for 6.0 live?
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - Make it Happen || Quinn Treats™
Allow us to Buy Multiples of the same Stronghold
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

cibacrome
08.05.2019 , 10:38 AM | #17
Hello everyone,

+1 and a bump.

I get that Bioware is probably busy as hell right now, but devs please don't follow the precedent set on Ossus PTS and just flat out ignore the feedback, which looking back gave a fairly accurate assessment of what the problems have been in live version. Had you taken that seriously, the conversation during Live Cantina about gearing and how you know there were problems could have been avoided, and I'm seeing the same trend here, where there are some major issues that a solid number of PTS participants are seeing and giving feedback on, but feels like we're flying blind right now.

We're asking for more communication & info not to be annoying, but to understand the numbers and performance we're seeing a little better, so we can give accurate feedback.

Right now set bonuses and tactical items are all over the place, it's really hard to gauge what the goal or 'baseline' is.

EricMusco
08.05.2019 , 05:06 PM | #18 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

We are going to be bringing PTS down tomorrow to deploy a small patch. That small patch will include the introduction of Bounty Hunters to PTS! Look for PTS to go live once again towards the end of the week.

In the interim I will work on getting a list together of the Tacticals and Set Bonuses, look for that post in the next couple of day.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Pandoras_Jar
08.05.2019 , 05:27 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

We are going to be bringing PTS down tomorrow to deploy a small patch. That small patch will include the introduction of Bounty Hunters to PTS! Look for PTS to go live once again towards the end of the week.

In the interim I will work on getting a list together of the Tacticals and Set Bonuses, look for that post in the next couple of day.

-eric
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

In the meantime, my interview with the Devs has a preview of a couple of the Set Bonuses and Tacticals - https://mmobits.com/2019/08/01/exclu...nuses-preview/
Xam Xam Mercenary BodyguardXam Xam Xami Commando Combat Medic
| SWTOR Content Creator Program Member |
Website: mmobits.com - Onslaught - 6.0 Class Changes, Set Bonuses + Tacticals | Twitter: @Rach_Games
~ Satele Shan - APAC/Oceanic - <Korvus/Corvus> ~

FlameYOL
08.06.2019 , 07:42 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

-eric
Looking forward to testing my Powertech.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything